Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vidjcb
First Officer
Flight distance : 13649508 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dear forum,

I recently bought the Osmo Action and I was stunned by the stabilization when rocksteady feature is on although it can’t work at same time with 4k HDR.

I wonder how many of you would like to have any kind of stabilization feature for this generation on a firmware update so I am creating this poll and maybe DJI R&D team would see it as motivation to work on it ASAP..

All the best,
VIDJCB
Single SelectVote, Total 23 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-6-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Vidjcb. Thank you for reaching out and creating this poll. I hope that you will get the best information and the best insights from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. Thank you all for your valued support.
2019-6-2
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-2 07:43
Hello and good day Vidjcb. Thank you for reaching out and creating this poll. I hope that you will get the best information and the best insights from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. Thank you all for your valued support.

Hello and good day DJI Stephen. Thanks for your comments and wishes. Have a wonderful day!

VIDJCB
2019-6-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Vidjcb Posted at 6-3 05:47
Hello and good day DJI Stephen. Thanks for your comments and wishes. Have a wonderful day!

VIDJCB

You are very much welcome Vidjcb. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-6-4
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why would you need Rocksteady on the Osmo Pocket since it has mechanical stabilization. This poll makes no sense.
2019-6-7
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KerryG Posted at 6-7 12:14
Why would you need Rocksteady on the Osmo Pocket since it has mechanical stabilization. This poll makes no sense.

You own one. Just test it. Walk few meters and shoot in front of you. Unless you are a model, every step you make is a small jump that is perfectly registered by the osmo pocket. That not happene in the osmo action because of rocksteady EIS.
2019-6-8
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

KerryG Posted at 6-7 12:14
Why would you need Rocksteady on the Osmo Pocket since it has mechanical stabilization. This poll makes no sense.

Hi Kerry.

Totally agree.

Plus. Contrary to what the OP has said, Rocksteady does not get rid of vertical movement as it is still there. There are no 3 axis mechanical gimbals or EIS that account properly for vertical movement, that's what a steadycam is for or a fourth axis add on for other stabilisers/gimbals.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-6-8
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems an odd request - a physical 3 axis gimbal is better than EIS Rocksteady type stabilisation.  There's absoluteley no need for rocksteady on the Pocket it would be a waste of CPU resource.
2019-6-9
Use props
tester21
lvl.2
Poland

I don't think rocksteady is needed for osmo pocket. But something else - maybe.

Active tracking + 720p cropping

So, th sensor could work at 4k and track small object, like a butterfly, and active tracking would keep the smaller area around it.

I don't know if such approach would be useful for vertical axis replacement. Would it be?
2019-6-10
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vidjcb Posted at 6-8 04:37
You own one. Just test it. Walk few meters and shoot in front of you. Unless you are a model, every step you make is a small jump that is perfectly registered by the osmo pocket. That not happene in the osmo action because of rocksteady EIS.

I own both. RockSteady does not get rid of the vertical bouncing when walking, that is all on the user to be able to walk without causing excessive bounce in the step.
2019-6-10
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think putting Rocksteady on the Osmo Pocket is a good idea as it most likely not improve anything and it would further decrease the OP's FOV.
2019-6-10
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dear All,

Thanks for commenting. Very interesting points here. I created the following video to compare both image stabilization systems. Please let me know which device is doing a better job

Thanks,

VIDJCB

2019-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules