Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Uh Oh! Return of the yaws
518 5 2019-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droffarc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11265331 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Been having good flights recently but all of a sudden...
Yaw

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/2OEWYHMIX08MX778IXV0/

And note also that Somehow I was, without any action from me, able to exceed my set maximum altitude!
Was a tad nervous but thanks to experience and practice, was able to control Hui-Spark for a faultless session with some good footage.  

max altitude?

max altitude?

Max altitude

Max altitude
2019-6-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Droffarc,

Where is that sudden YAW?  
All heading changes in your log are RC controlled.
(see chart, if yellow lines are not horizontal than yaw excursions without OP input)

Your max height exceedence ; its all within baro height range, so imo not really an exceedence.

BTW  2x ATTI in your log, must have been a no-wind day to fly, as your SPARK did not drift away!

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2019-6-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Droffarc. I am sorry to know about what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Spark and thank you for sharing these information with us. If in case this issue will happened again on your next flight. I would recommend re-linking the RC and aircraft then re-calibrate the IMU as well as the compass to see if there will be changes. Kindly check if the aircraft and RC are up to date when in terms of firmware update. Kindly ensure that the GPS is strong enough when flying your drones to avoid the incident. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-6-2
Use props
Droffarc
Second Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

JJB* Posted at 6-2 04:03
Hi Droffarc,

Where is that sudden YAW?  

Hi JJB*

Yes I was lucky - no wind

as for the yaws...

Today I flew more or less same time of day but some Kilometers further along the coast and no a single yaw <*YAWn*>
2019-6-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Droffarc Posted at 6-2 10:40
Hi JJB*

Yes I was lucky - no wind

ai, oke...i was thinking of sudden rapid yaw movements...
Yes, seen those YAW errors. Somehow some SPARKs (not all) and YAW errors are ment for each other  ;-((

cheers
JJB
2019-6-2
Use props
Droffarc
Second Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

JJB* Posted at 6-2 11:37
ai, oke...i was thinking of sudden rapid yaw movements...
Yes, seen those YAW errors. Somehow some SPARKs (not all) and YAW errors are ment for each other  ;-((

maybe there should be an extra day in the week for some spark pilots - "Yawday"
2019-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules