Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
airpix.fi/en
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427346 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hi

For insuration purposes I am wondering: If I lose an Inspire 2 with Prores and CinemaDNG licences due to a crash or it sinks into a lake or sea for example, what happens to the licences?

I would presume the licences - as they are paid for and immaterial - can be transferred into the replacement drone? How does this process work out? Open a ticket to support and go from there?

I have not lost my drone and I hope I will not, but it is good to know just in case.

2019-6-2
Use props
airpix.fi/en
lvl.3
  • >>>
Finland

DJI Mindy or anyone else can you kindly confirm this?
2019-6-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the late response. You could refer to the explanation below about the transferring the license key of the Inspire 2. Hope that the information above would clarify your query.

* If the aircraft has crashed/flown away due to the pilot error, the License cannot be transferred. The paid repair service can be provided if the crashed aircraft can be provided by our customers

* If the aircraft has crashed/flown away due to a quality issue/malfunctions, for these crash cases, the aircraft can be repaired for free but the License cannot be transferred. For flyaway cases, a brand-new or good as new aircraft with a License will be sent to the customer, and the license is transferred from the flown aircraft’s License. However, that would still depend on the warranty period of the unit and the outcome of the damage assessment.

* If the drone is under warranty and the cause of the incident cannot be determined, a discount will be provided when purchasing a new product and License according to the policy. The original License cannot be transferred.
2019-6-4
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Come on dji..that sucks.
A license is a paid product. I doubt this is a legal way in many countries. At least in Switzerland you get what you paid for.
I don't know any other software with such a limitation.
2019-6-17
Use props
mainedronography
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2205 ft
United States

I have to agree!  Lost my I2 in a stream with the dng and pro res license activated.  A dive team was called in and could not obtain a permit from city for retrieval as it was too close to a small dam.  I own that software license after paying $1300 and not allowing me to transfer that license to a NEW I2 that I just purchased is simply robbery.  Software licensing does not work that way!  Deactivate the license on one drone and assign to the other based on aircraft SN or cinecore SN.   You need to learn from other companies such as Adobe...we have to deactivate and transfer licensing among computer systems on a regular basis resulting in a single license tied to a single device but the difference is...ITS UNDER MY CONTROL!  This is just so sad I have to laugh...A company the size of DJI has approved this as their practice.
2019-6-20
Use props
airpix.fi/en
lvl.3
  • >>>

I am very much of the same opinion. Until this policy is changed I consider DJI quite a greedy company indeed. And unjust.

It certainly does not cost anything for DJI to "manufacture" these licences so it is just absurd one can not transfer them into a new drone.

Just as stated above, for well established and successful professional companies like Adobe this is the standard procedure.
2019-10-8
Use props
PeterPan007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

this is ridiculous not reactivated it to another drone , not legal , pretty sure
2019-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules