Wierd sports mode behavour
863 15 2019-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_3j8g8ftTCu3V
lvl.2
Flight distance : 681864 ft
United Kingdom

Hi i was wondeing if anyone could help me. Ive had my spark for about a month now and have used it for about 12hrs flight time.

Yesterday something wierd started to happen with it.

Basically if its in sports mode on full acceleration, and the left stick is pushed forward to gain altitude, the drone will yaw hard left like its almost drifting. It will straighten back up and then continue to climb. Ive checked my blades and they are completely fine. Ive also used a whole new set to rule anything out and it still does this.

The imu and compass has been recalibrated to rule that out too.

Im worried about flying it incase it goes awol. Has anyone else experienced this before?

If i dont climb and accelerate at the same time it seems ok. But as ive said. The minute both sticks are pushed forward, the drone turns its nose to the left hard and im not sure whats going on

Thanks
2019-6-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, it is recommended to calibrate the joystick to try again, if the issue persists, any chance to provide us a short sample video and the flight records for further analysis?
2019-6-2
Use props
djiuser_3j8g8ftTCu3V
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi thanks for responding. I did do that yesterday as well, and there is no change. Still the same problem

I've only had it a month  
2019-6-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_3j8g8ftTCu3V Posted at 6-2 19:55
Hi thanks for responding. I did do that yesterday as well, and there is no change. Still the same problem

I've only had it a month

In this case, please provide us a short sample video and the flight records for further analysis.
Please refer to the following tutorial video to sync the flight records and then tell us your DJI account and the flight date, thank you.
2019-6-2
Use props
djiuser_3j8g8ftTCu3V
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi just to let you know I've uploaded my flight records.. the 3rd flight down clearly shows both sticks pushed forward and the aircraft yaws hard to the left. Can you look at these please thanks
2019-6-3
Use props
djiuser_3j8g8ftTCu3V
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just to add

I've reinstalled the firmware via the dji assistant and still no change. For the first minute of flight the spark behaves ok. Then it goes wild. A months old, and £580 for a drone that doesn't fly properly is rather deflating
2019-6-3
Use props
djiuser_3j8g8ftTCu3V
lvl.2
United Kingdom

youtu.be/lDIR_M7sM1M
2019-6-3
Use props
djiuser_3j8g8ftTCu3V
lvl.2
United Kingdom

https://youtu.be/lDIR_M7sM1M
2019-6-3
Use props
djiuser_3j8g8ftTCu3V
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I've done a few test flights yesterday so you should be able to see this issue happening. You can clearly see the spark yaw left hard whilst the joystick icons show full up position. I've not heard anything from the tech support yet so can this be arranged please
2019-6-4
Use props
djiuser_3j8g8ftTCu3V
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Still no feedback. Can someone from Dji contact me regarding my issue please. I'm starting to loose patience with this issue. I cant fly the drone in case it falls out of the sky, so at the moment it's a £580 paper weight!

I've posted here. And I've filled out a report in the support section. But no one responds.

Where do I go from here? And what do you need to go forward?
2019-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_3j8g8ftTCu3V Posted at 6-4 11:39
Still no feedback. Can someone from Dji contact me regarding my issue please. I'm starting to loose patience with this issue. I cant fly the drone in case it falls out of the sky, so at the moment it's a £580 paper weight!

I've posted here. And I've filled out a report in the support section. But no one responds.

Hi there, sorry for the late response, thanks for providing us the flight records, your concern has been escalated to our engineers for further analysis, I will come back to you once I hear anything from them, appreciate your patience.
2019-6-4
Use props
djiuser_3j8g8ftTCu3V
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi again. I haven't heard anything yet but I just went for a fly and tried to repeat the fault again. The spark yawed hard when in sports mode and both sticks pushed forward a few times on the second battery, and I noticed that when I landed the drone, I put my lips to the motors to test the temps, the rear left motor was very warm. The other 3 motors were cold. I'm suspecting a dodgy motor or circuit board. This isn't right after a month

Could the motor be the cause of why it takes hard?
20190605_192854.jpg
2019-6-5
Use props
djiuser_3j8g8ftTCu3V
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Is anyone from DJI reading this thread?

One motor gets really hot whilst the other 3 are cool to the touch. This indicates a faulty motor.

Can this be arranged to be sent in please and sorted out. I've only had it a month and it's not on to be fair. I posted this at the beginning of the week and I'm still no closer to getting this fixed. Pretty poor customer service from my point of view
2019-6-6
Use props
djiuser_3j8g8ftTCu3V
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Someone from DJI smmessaged me to say it can be sent it to be fixed under warranty, the catch is I have send it to the Netherlands!! What a nightmare

I've spoken to the retailer about this, and they are going to exchange it for a brand new unit tomorrow.

DJI how do you not have a repair facility in the UK?

2019-6-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_3j8g8ftTCu3V Posted at 6-8 06:35
Someone from DJI smmessaged me to say it can be sent it to be fixed under warranty, the catch is I have send it to the Netherlands!! What a nightmare

I've spoken to the retailer about this, and they are going to exchange it for a brand new unit tomorrow.

I am terribly sorry for the late reply. Sorry that I haven't received an update regarding your case. Since our official repair center is in the Netherlands, so the drone will need to be sent to our official for service.
You mentioned that your dealer will change your drone directly, right? If there is anything else I can help, please kindly let me know, I will do my best to help.
2019-6-9
Use props
djiuser_3j8g8ftTCu3V
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yes the local store I bought it from changed it straight away today. So I have a brand new drone. Seems to be ok so far so thank you for your response.

2019-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules