Lost Drone - how accurate is the GPS?
5580 8 2019-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wicklowdroner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 190338 ft
Ireland

I took my DJI Mavic Air out this evening in admittedly windy conditions, and not long after take-off the remote became disconnected. I'd have thought it would RTH, but it didn't.
I've just spent the last few hours trawling through thick gorse on the side of a hill at what I thought was the 'Find My Drone' location, without success.

I was just wondering, how accurate is 'Find my Drone'? I initally didn't panic as I assumed I'd be able to find it at/near the gps location, but after 2 hours at the side of a hill it became clear that is wasn't where I thought it would be.
Last flight log attached - https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/P44QLXCBKFXFKNW25CLU/ - any assistance is greatly appreciated

2019-6-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi wicklowdroner, we are so sorry for your loss, the coordinate of  'Find my Drone' is the last location before the drone and the RC get disconnected, please also refer to the last coordinate of the flight records to see if there is any luck to find the drone.
If the drone is still under warranty, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis, thank you.
2019-6-2
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

It is telling you the last place it was connected.  Could have blown anywhere..
2019-6-8
Use props
JuanVilla
New

Spain

I have the same problem
2019-6-18
Use props
wicklowdroner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 190338 ft
Ireland

I'm actually disgusted. I've been 3 weeks arguing with 'support' team as they can't give me an explanation as to why my drone disconnected. I don't know where they get their good reputation from  - it must be historical, because both their current 'support' and their drones are ....
Never again. Not one more dollar.

My advice, spend your hard-earned money elsewhere, and never deal with these assholes again.
2019-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

wicklowdroner Posted at 6-20 14:35
I'm actually disgusted. I've been 3 weeks arguing with 'support' team as they can't give me an explanation as to why my drone disconnected. I don't know where they get their good reputation from  - it must be historical, because both their current 'support' and their drones are ....
Never again. Not one more dollar.

Hi wicklowdroner, sorry to know the warranty service was not provided in your case, I see your case is following up by the higher-level team and hope your concern will be figured out soon.
2019-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JuanVilla Posted at 6-18 11:45
I have the same problem

Hi JuanVilla, sorry for your loss, did you contact our support team to start a ticket for the data analysis if your drone is still under warranty? If yes, is there any case number we can refer to?
2019-6-21
Use props
chadheilman
New

United States

I have the exact same problem.  Nice night, took my Mavic Air for a spin.
Pressed the return to home function towards the end of my flight and lost signal.  Next, my battery went from 16% to NA.
Used the find my drone function and the flight records with no luck.  The connection loss on this drone is a horrible problem.
The "last known location" doesn't do me any good when it isn't where the drone actually is.  
2020-4-7
Use props
mhonig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139406 ft
United States

chadheilman Posted at 2020-4-7 06:02
I have the exact same problem.  Nice night, took my Mavic Air for a spin.
Pressed the return to home function towards the end of my flight and lost signal.  Next, my battery went from 16% to NA.
Used the find my drone function and the flight records with no luck.  The connection loss on this drone is a horrible problem.

I had a similar problem.  My Mavic Air 2 went into a tree top in a relatively small area, but the trees were tall and I couldn't see the drone although I heard the beeping, but the battery soon died.  I couldn't find it according to the GPS coordinates, and the flight was not recorded under the GoFly profile.  The same thing happened with a Mavic Mini.  DJI support is of no value, as they apparently have no one in the US or Canada that you can have an intelligent conversation with for customer support.  I rate their drones a 9, but their customer support -1.
2021-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules