Always good to see both sides fo the coin
2019-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I’m not sure that any of your reasons are good enough not to buy the Osmo Pocket, some of the reasons are a little frivolous to say the least, you then go on to mention FOV as a problem, but at the same time we are forced to watch the doors of your wardrobe while you vlog, it’s pretty obvious that background don’t matter a whole lot to you.

It’s very confusing for users potential buyers to take anything at face value with vloggers, they the vloggers expect to get 4/5 different vlogs out of such a small product.

Vlog for launch, vlog to tell us how great it is, vlog to tell us how bad it is, vlog to show us handy hints and shortcuts, vlog to compare with other products, vlog to tell us how to get cinematic footage.

I am slowly loosing the will to live have to grapple with so many vloggers completely out to serve their own purpose for more clicks.

Examine a product make up your mind back up what you have to say and deliver your vlog, that’s all users want .
2019-6-3
Use props
Gooseman 2old
lvl.2
Flight distance : 733829 ft
United Kingdom

Nine Reasons Why I'm Not Going To Watch This Video...
2019-6-3
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

If Philip Bloom thinks it's fantastic and always carries his with him, that's an opinion I value.  Every single thing you can spend money on has good and bad points - which may or may not be relevant according to use cases - but to say they are"reasons not to buy" is wildly exaggerated and that detracts from everything that follows.
2019-6-3
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-3 05:35
I’m not sure that any of your reasons are good enough not to buy the Osmo Pocket, some of the reasons are a little frivolous to say the least, you then go on to mention FOV as a problem, but at the same time we are forced to watch the doors of your wardrobe while you vlog, it’s pretty obvious that background don’t matter a whole lot to you.

It’s very confusing for users potential buyers to take anything at face value with vloggers, they the vloggers expect to get 4/5 different vlogs out of such a small product.

TOTALLY AGREE.

Did I miss the point here or was this person just mouthing off about personal gripes and opinions? This is far from a technical review or empirical proof of technical issues.

Seriously, complaining about FOV??? If someone couldn't be bothered finding out what focal length any fixed lens camera was before buying. How is that the fault of the camera??? Plus there's a bunch of other stuff about the Pocket and the shooting scenarios that it may not be best for, that would be easily understood if you knew what you were doing and read it's specs.

And that BS about exposure, I nearly fell of my chair laughing. So the background was blown out while the foreground was exposed????? Last time I checked this is exactly how a single exposure system works. If you want it any different, then simply manually expose, if you even know how to.

Im all up for people letting others know about issues and problems with a product, this is something I do myself with some of my YouTube videos  but at least I actually show proof of it. But this video and many like it are simply just people mouthing off about personal gripes (usually vloggers) and/or showing their complete ignorance of a product and cinematography/photography. Plus, it's usually click bait.

The problem is that videos like this can be very damaging to an excellent product because most of the people watching don't have enough experience and knowledge to determine if the reviewer knows what they are doing or not.

Is the Pocket perfect, no. Is it an awesome camera that's class leading and capable of excellent picture quality and completely unmatched in its price bracket and size, f**k yes.  
2019-6-3
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Its $349 USD what are you expecting? Worthless video.
2019-6-3
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

A Danish Troll.
2019-6-3
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Short of the dynamic range, there is nothing that the consumer can't overcome.

Can't believe he's acquired close to 30,000 subscribers.
2019-6-3
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Only for clickbait. I already have the OP so no need to watch the video.

All this cat wants is clicks /views to his site. Dont feed the troll.
2019-6-3
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 6-3 05:35
I’m not sure that any of your reasons are good enough not to buy the Osmo Pocket, some of the reasons are a little frivolous to say the least, you then go on to mention FOV as a problem, but at the same time we are forced to watch the doors of your wardrobe while you vlog, it’s pretty obvious that background don’t matter a whole lot to you.

I agree with you 100%.
2019-6-4
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

David_Harry Posted at 6-3 06:08
TOTALLY AGREE.

Did I miss the point here or was this person just mouthing off about personal gripes and opinions? This is far from a technical review or empirical proof of technical issues.

Complete Agreement, Dave!! Thanks
2019-6-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Blocked content.....
Hahahahahahaha.
I wonder why.
2019-6-4
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad it's been removed, sound more I a "I want some attention so I'll post something that'll be sure to get a lot of attention" post.
2019-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules