Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Issue in front display
661 6 2019-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarcoFan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361572 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks, i think my Osmo Action have a issue in the front display... that issue is visible only in the direct sun light...

how to do?    i need a new one?

IMG_20190601_112629.jpg
Cattura.JPG
2019-6-5
Use props
MarcoFan
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

this without direct sunlight
2019-6-5
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

MarcoFan Posted at 6-5 02:10
this without direct sunlight
[view_image]

Yes, there have been quite a few reports of the "smudge" or fog appearing on the front camera.  Apparently it does fade.  A few suggestions to possibly fix it is to remove the battery and plug in a charger and run it at top specs to really warm it up and force out the moisture.  Or place desiccant packages in the battery compartment.
2019-6-5
Use props
MarcoFan
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

no good, and i never used in underwater...
2019-6-5
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

No it seem to be a issue for people like you in a hotter and maybe more humid climate, most of the cases i have heard about the condensation "boil" off with use.
I am thinking, maybe you have a colder air conditioned home + car, and then when camera get out in the heat the difference between camera internal temperature and outside heating up can trigger a dew point.

It is however a little disturbing it always seem to happen just on the front LCD, and no telling what go on elsewhere inside.

I think it is a issue dji should address and comment on
2019-6-5
Use props
KerryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

As suggested, take the dissicant bag from the box, put it into the battery compartment, put all that into a ziplock bag overnight, that should solve it quickly.
2019-6-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi and good day MarcoFan, my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that it caused. In some rare circumstances, condensation behind Osmo Action’s front screen may occur when the device starts to heat up during normal operation. This does not affect the product performance and the fog will disappear naturally without leaving any marks. To eliminate the fog quickly, you can place the product in a dry area. Also, when using Osmo Action underwater, please make sure the battery cap is locked properly with dry hands. Should you need further clarification about this, please let me know. I'll be more than happy to assist you. Thanks for you understanding and continued support.
2019-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules