Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can you leave the extra batteries on storage mode?
12Next >
4181 41 2019-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you leave them in the charger w/ storage mode switched on when unused? or is it better to just remove them after they have reached storage mode?
2019-6-5
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Kingdom

Its always good policy to disconnect batterys from chargers / gear when not in use.

At least if the battery develops a fault - you know its not going to affect anything else ... DJi batterys may be 'smart' - but that's not 100% perfect.
2019-6-5
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 6-5 05:14
Its always good policy to disconnect batterys from chargers / gear when not in use.

At least if the battery develops a fault - you know its not going to affect anything else ... DJi batterys may be 'smart' - but that's not 100% perfect.

Yeah, I just need to have 2 more batteries ready to charge if I have a big job to do that I can't do it in 1.
2019-6-5
Use props
solentlife
Captain
United Kingdom

I always charge 3 batterys before a flight session.

I also have a car adaptor charger (cost about $5 on eBay) that works very well.
2019-6-5
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Captain
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Yes you can it helps,i had my batteries in storage for 8 months and worked just fine.
2019-6-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We would recommend removing the batteries to the charger if those batteries would not be used. For the storage process of the battery, you may refer to the image below. Thank you for your support.

2019-6-5
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Remove them but if you put two or three batteries on the hub with less than 50% it will charge them to 50% simultaneously in storage mode on the hub
2019-6-5
Use props
solentlife
Captain
United Kingdom

AJC-W Posted at 6-5 09:55
Remove them but if you put two or three batteries on the hub with less than 50% it will charge them to 50% simultaneously in storage mode on the hub

I was unaware that DJI had actually progressed to SIMULTANEOUS charging hub .... all the ones I've seen are sequential.

Only parallel hubs I have seen are 3rd party affairs.

Honestly Interested - which DJI hubs are parallel ?
2019-6-6
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 6-6 01:53
I was unaware that DJI had actually progressed to SIMULTANEOUS charging hub .... all the ones I've seen are sequential.

Only parallel hubs I have seen are 3rd party affairs.

The P4 hub has a storage switch and when used it will simultaneously recharge up to 3 batteries from the existing level to 50%. It will not recharge them beyond the storage level though. So after 50% is reached you need to switch the hub back to normal and sequential charging will resume to 100%. The only other DJI hubs that charge simultaniously are the ones for the Spark and the advanced hub for the original Mavic Pro.
2019-6-6
Use props
solentlife
Captain
United Kingdom

Interesting .... tks for info.
2019-6-6
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 6-6 04:24

Someone on Amazon was commenting how it doesn't charge beyond 45% every time and they were mad but they probably didn't know there is a switch between full and storage.
2019-6-6
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 6-6 04:24

You're welcome - I'm looking forward to the day that DJI release a hub that 100% recharges multiple batteries simultaneously for all their drones - perhaps a while yet.
2019-6-6
Use props
Kuya Kano
First Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

The battery doesn't discharge its full charge until about the 10th day fully charged.  I too agree, its nice to always have the battery charged and ready for that one time you get that "can't miss this" moment, and your batteries are discharged by their timing paramaters.  On the flip side, there's always that chance an electrical surge or some other electrical "mishap" might cause fault within the battery or its onboard computer.
2019-6-7
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Kuya Kano Posted at 6-7 03:47
The battery doesn't discharge its full charge until about the 10th day fully charged.  I too agree, its nice to always have the battery charged and ready for that one time you get that "can't miss this" moment, and your batteries are discharged by their timing paramaters.  On the flip side, there's always that chance an electrical surge or some other electrical "mishap" might cause fault within the battery or its onboard computer.

Yeah, you can set the day it will discharge.
2019-6-7
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I don't really care too much about flying w/o a purpose.  Flying areas that I live at is boring.  Also, the longer we are in the air the more of a chance something could go wrong.  Just loitering is cool but I was already doing it w/ the Mavic 2 Zoom and Spark so many times.  It also takes a long time to post-process everything when you have A lot of files with high duration video.  It's a lot of work.

Does anyone know if the Mavic 2 and Spark batteries start to discharge on the 10th day and how fast do they discharge per day percentage-wise?
2019-6-7
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-7 08:19
I don't really care too much about flying w/o a purpose.  Flying areas that I live at is boring.  Also, the longer we are in the air the more of a chance something could go wrong.  Just loitering is cool but I was already doing it w/ the Mavic 2 Zoom and Spark so many times.  It also takes a long time to post-process everything when you have A lot of files with high duration video.  It's a lot of work.

Does anyone know if the Mavic 2 and Spark batteries start to discharge on the 10th day and how fast do they discharge per day percentage-wise?

''Does anyone know if the Mavic 2 and Spark batteries start to discharge on the 10th day and how fast do they discharge per day percentage-wise?''

You already know the answer to that:-

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=190472

2019-6-7
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 6-7 13:16
''Does anyone know if the Mavic 2 and Spark batteries start to discharge on the 10th day and how fast do they discharge per day percentage-wise?''

So they are designed the same?
2019-6-7
Use props
Kuya Kano
First Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 6-7 03:53
Yeah, you can set the day it will discharge.

Well, I learned something new.  This is what I like about these forums.  Thank you.
2019-6-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Regardless of settings on the battery, through the app, for auto discharge, be sure to always top up those flight packs before flying.

Don’t trust anything, but a fully charged flight pack, for safe flights.

RedHotPoker
2019-6-9
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 6-9 12:34
Regardless of settings on the battery, through the app, for auto discharge, be sure to always top up those flight packs before flying.

Don’t trust anything, but a fully charged flight pack, for safe flights.

End up with say 90% left instead of 100% or worse case 61% but that is still plenty.  The Inspire 1 and Spark, that is the flight duration with a full charge.
2019-6-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

The  only issue there, most times, readings are often not accurate, a top up on the charger only takes a few minutes for 100% of stress relief. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2019-6-9
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 6-9 16:44
The  only issue there, most times, readings are often not accurate, a top up on the charger only takes a few minutes for 100% of stress relief. ;-)

I need to store the extra batteries.  If I ever have a big job I can charge them up but they need to hopefully give me a 24H notice.  I don't want to say 2 or more jobs to pop up out of the blue which is how this industry happens to be, it goes from looking mega dead like Uber to having mad jobs like they always were ready.
2019-6-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 6-10 02:44
I need to store the extra batteries.  If I ever have a big job I can charge them up but they need to hopefully give me a 24H notice.  I don't want to say 2 or more jobs to pop up out of the blue which is how this industry happens to be, it goes from looking mega dead like Uber to having mad jobs like they always were ready.

I just hope to enjoy a long dry summer. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2019-6-10
Use props
solentlife
Captain
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-10 02:44

Then stagger the batterys.

I used to do it but because I now find DJi drones boring to fly - I no longer do.

Basically charge them different days so you always have one charged with another needing small top-up ... another needing larger top-up etc.

With P3 batterys - I set auto to 2days ... I always switch on battery before plugging in charger to over-ride the charge control board ... regardless of level at start.
2019-6-10
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 6-10 06:53
Then stagger the batterys.

I used to do it but because I now find DJi drones boring to fly - I no longer do.

Yeah, I've left my batteries w/ the "storage" switched on for many hours and it's still 4 green bars!!  Is this right?
_A733858-HDR.jpg
2019-6-10
Use props
solentlife
Captain
United Kingdom

"AntDX316" ..... did you read replies from various and DJI saying that leaving in hub is not recc'd ?

Have you not set the batterys to self discharge without need for gimmicky hubs as thousands of other owners do ?

Honestly - if you ignore what others reply in good faith - then you cannot expect more replies ...
2019-6-10
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 6-10 09:19
"AntDX316" ..... did you read replies from various and DJI saying that leaving in hub is not recc'd ?

Have you not set the batterys to self discharge without need for gimmicky hubs as thousands of other owners do ?

So the idea is not to leave it in storage mode?  I see it discharging now but slowly.

Btw, the HUB is a genuine DJI hub not a fake one.
2019-6-10
Use props
solentlife
Captain
United Kingdom

Have you set Auto Discharge time via App for the batterys ?

If you have - why do you need a hub to do it ?

Hubs are usually bought to charge multiple batterys instead of just doing one. Whether its DJI or not - does not really make much difference ... the only truly useful hub is one which charges multiple batterys simultaneously  - which this does not.

Discharge time is based on wasting the energy ... generally as HEAT. So that is necessarily slow and basically not much use to employ in a hub as you have as its only replicating what each battery can do on its own.

If the discharge is via a resistive load such as lamps / coils / transfer to another energy capacity item - then you can have a faster discharge and is useful.

Suggestion : Remove a battery from hub .. power up your gear - set the auto discharge time to what you want. That will program the battery. Do it for each battery you have.

Now put batterys in a safe place and let them sort themselves out .. as to the Hub you have - sell it and use the money for something more useful.
2019-6-10
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 6-10 10:31
Have you set Auto Discharge time via App for the batterys ?

If you have - why do you need a hub to do it ?

I need the Hub.  It makes it easier to charge everything up the night before to be ready for the next day.
2019-6-10
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-10 11:48
I need the Hub.  It makes it easier to charge everything up the night before to be ready for the next day.

How ?

It does not parallel charge the batterys - so in fact only advantage is that you don't have to plug . unplug each battery as you charge. But in fact you still charge one by one.

Expensive bit of kit to save a few seconds of plug / unplug.

For my P3 - I have the 3+1 parallel charger which charges 3 batterys and my controller all at same time. THAT is a big advantage. They also sell same item set up for P4's ... much cheaper than the DJI item.
I don't need storage mode as batterys do that themselves.  
2019-6-11
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 6-11 02:20
How ?

It does not parallel charge the batterys - so in fact only advantage is that you don't have to plug . unplug each battery as you charge. But in fact you still charge one by one.

I don't mind it taking the time to charge each.  It's the same as my Mavic 2.
2019-6-11
Use props
solentlife
Captain
United Kingdom

This is a much better item (P4)  ... charges simultaneously ...

https://www.amazon.com/Fstop-Lab ... rging/dp/B071FB3BVC

Mavic Pro / Platinum :

https://www.amazon.com/Grounded- ... ZKX0C1AJ8ZYRZH7MBS2

Mavic 2 / Zoom :

https://www.amazon.com/Fstop-Mav ... Rapid/dp/B07GYNZ4QT

One day DJI will realise this is the way to do it.
2019-6-12
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, that's really good but I need to stick with authentic DJI this way all the batteries get charged how they are supposed to.  Have a look at this review.  There are also a lot of other bad reviews like it.
2019-6-12
Use props
solentlife
Captain
United Kingdom

I can find bad reviews on a Rolls Royce as well .....

I and many others have been using same / similar to above with no problems at all.

"Charged how they are supposed to" ............... mmmmmm

Lets look at DJI system of charging.

1. Their charger is not a charger. It is in fact same setup as the power adaptor that plugs into your Laptop. A regulated constant voltage PSU.
2. DJI charger (PSU) has no safety device whatsoever built in - it thumps out 17.4V regardless.
3. All charging regulation is done by the internal board in the battery pack itself.
4. As long as 17.4 - 17.5V is provided to the battery board - it works. (Ignore PSU's that require feed back voltage).

I can have a better idea of whats going on by using one of my $30 LiPo chargers ... it gives me voltage level, mA in, Time on charge, Amp rate in, and double safety in that as soon as required voltage is reached - it shuts off even if the battery board fails and doesn't.

See the display here :

2019-6-12
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 6-12 03:28
I can find bad reviews on a Rolls Royce as well .....

I and many others have been using same / similar to above with no problems at all.

My very first RC
https://www.bananahobby.com/8-ch ... rc-edf-jet-arf.html

2019-6-12
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

The DJI Charging hub.
https://store.dji.com/product/phantom-4-battery-charging-hub
2019-6-12
Use props
solentlife
Captain
United Kingdom

mmmmm not a good model to start RC with ... its not even a model to be #2 after trainer.

2019-6-12
Use props
solentlife
Captain
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-12 03:56
The DJI Charging hub.
https://store.dji.com/product/phantom-4-battery-charging-hub

Definitely not an item I would waste hard earned on !

Sorry.
2019-6-12
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 6-12 04:29
mmmmm not a good model to start RC with ... its not even a model to be #2 after trainer.

yeah.. lmao first time I flew it.. I couldn't land and had to do go-arounds directly over a live highway lmao

I made it back but the downdraft made it crash.  It was so high in the air too I was so scared ready to abandon it but it was so much money that I didn't want it to crash.  I knew at that time I was in some serious s* and couldn't quit on the spot.  I did not know how to fly in 3rd person at all.   My only flying experience was in ArmA w/ the A-10 and Flight Simulator.  From there I pursued FPV (not realizing how bad the quality was) and real-life flying.
2019-6-12
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 6-12 04:31
Definitely not an item I would waste hard earned on !

Sorry.

It's not a waste though.  It's built quality.  Not spending quality on drones now is dangerous but even then they could have problems.
2019-6-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules