Can you leave the extra batteries on storage mode?
4205 41 2019-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-12 05:14
It's not a waste though.  It's built quality.  Not spending quality on drones now is dangerous but even then they could have problems.

My reason is not quality - DJI are not a poor quality company ... mmmmm some may argue over Phantom Shell plastic ... but basically good.

Its the 3.5hrs to charge 3 batterys ... when my 3+1 takes less than 1 hour to charge 3 batterys AND my controller at same time.
I have better things to do with my time ...

When I go flying - I've been model flying for about 55years ... 50 of those RC. I have a bench set of 5 Lipo chargers for my regular stuff. I usually have between 12 and 20 batterys in my bag. If I was to charge DJI way - that would take me more than one day as charging sequentially. But charging simultaneously - I am finished in about 4hours.... less than 1/6th the time.
I can charge my P3P 3 batterys and controller at same time within an hour average.

2019-6-12
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 6-12 06:12
My reason is not quality - DJI are not a poor quality company ... mmmmm some may argue over Phantom Shell plastic ... but basically good.

Its the 3.5hrs to charge 3 batterys ... when my 3+1 takes less than 1 hour to charge 3 batterys AND my controller at same time.

Yeah, the only time I would even need 3 batteries asap is if a job popped up requiring me to fly within the next few hours but that probably might never happen.  I can just charge everything and within 24H be ready to go.  When I fly now I don't keep everything on record.  There's just too much to b-roll.  I should though and clip but when I fly I just use probably 20% and head home.  The Spark is different though because it takes a while to get Anywhere and the 15-minute battery life can go by quick.  Everything feels further away and somewhat scarier.  Probably due to the speed and the video feed quality.  When I scout, the Mavic 2 Zoom has the best feed than the P4P V2.0.  It's faster than the P4P V2.0 in every condition I think.  When there is a bunch of wind the P4P V2.0 can't keep the speed up but I'm not too sure.  The Zoom function also makes observation quick and easy.
2019-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules