Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Photo cache quality
17126 25 2019-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allyssongemelli
Captain
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

Hello droners, How are U? So I have a little problem in my photos that are storage in my cellphone. The photo quality is very bad, blur, and very poor of sharpness, maybe it's low quality. Where can I set this on DJI GO app? I didn't find to configure in a better quality.

Thanks
2019-6-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. There will be two files that would generate to when you turn on the video cache in your DJI Go 4 app. The original files will be saved in the SD card of your aircraft and the cache files will be saved in the DJI Go 4 app. Those cache files are not the original files, therefore, those files are mediocre. You may refer to the link below for further check.

2019-6-5
Use props
allyssongemelli
Captain
Brazil

Yes, the original one on SD card are OK the images. But I cannot set for a better quality for cache on cellphone? Or is this a preset?
2019-6-5
Use props
QQRUCH
Captain
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

allyssongemelli Posted at 6-5 11:09
Yes, the original one on SD card are OK the images. But I cannot set for a better quality for cache on cellphone? Or is this a preset?

Hello! the option of video cache on the smartphone, has a default resolution and can not be configured.

fly safe!
2019-6-8
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Cache files on app is only for a quick preview of the footage on your device. For full quality you have to download the pics from the aircraft to your mobile device before turning of your bird... (or view it directly from  the SD card)
2019-6-8
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to turn on Auto Sync HD files.  I don't do this as it might mess up the drone.
2019-6-8
Use props
Brad Bilger
Captain
Flight distance : 14764163 ft
United States

Something that I've asked before and never really gotten a good answer to.  Yes, on my SD card the photos/videos are beautiful and colorful.  When I land, I look at my phone and I have two folders in my gallery.  I have DJI Album with all my still photos.  I have DJI_RECORD.  DJI Album has photos with a resolution size about 3.58 MB with a photo size of 4000x2250.  DJI_RECORD has videos that of course, range in size dependent upon how long, but are at a resolution of 1280x720 (Not high, but acceptable.  The ones on the SD card are at 2.7k 30Fps. Stills on the SD Card are on average 3.6 MB in size and  4000x2250 in resolution.  

BUT after I land and a few hours later, I have ANOTHER album appear.  CACHE_IMAGE come up.  The photos in here are 12.04 Kb in size and a resolution of 160x120 AND I have duplicates of photos ALSO in that folder that are 960x540 in resolution and about 397.2kb in size.  

Where the heck in CACHE_IMAGE coming from and why?  Now there was a time in the History of DJI Go4, that I lost my DJI Album folder and all I GOT was the CACHE_IMAGE folder.  Now, I get all three of them appearing..

DJI Album has 42 photos in it on my last flight.  CACHE_IMAGE has 64 images..  Half and half.  

And yes, thats how the folders are named:
DJI Album
DJI_RECORD
CACHE_IMAGE
No misspelling on my part.  
2019-6-9
Use props
allyssongemelli
Captain
Brazil

My videos or ok with a acceptable resolution on smartphone. But the photo is too poor quality, OMG this is a good point for DJI improvement . To blurry! Only SD card it has a great quality.
2019-6-10
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Use the files on SD card only for promote and edit. The Go app allows only up to 720p vids amd pics.
2019-6-10
Use props
allyssongemelli
Captain
Brazil

Man, I know, I only edit with SD cards. But could be better the photo resolution on cellphone screen to check when you are on the field. But ok, never mind.
2019-6-10
Use props
allyssongemelli
Captain
Brazil

ro_flyer Posted at 6-8 17:14
Cache files on app is only for a quick preview of the footage on your device. For full quality you have to download the pics from the aircraft to your mobile device before turning of your bird... (or view it directly from  the SD card)

How can I download full quality photos to cellphone?
2019-6-10
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Brazil

allyssongemelli Posted at 6-10 12:17
How can I download full quality photos to cellphone?

Turn on your drone, connect the controller, open the gallery (the play button on lower right corner of the camera view  screen), select the pic you want to download, click on the download arrow icon, wait until it is done, turn off the drone.

Then you go to the Editor (on DJI Go app), go to Album, go to Photos,  select the pics you want, and share to your device photo gallery, be happy. If the pics on the Album show the "ORIGINAL" label on it, it should be already downloaded from de drone, and  in full resolution.
2019-6-10
Use props
allyssongemelli
Captain
Brazil

ro_flyer Posted at 6-10 16:02
Turn on your drone, connect the controller, open the gallery (the play button on lower right corner of the camera view  screen), select the pic you want to download, click on the download arrow icon, wait until it is done, turn off the drone.

Then you go to the Editor (on DJI Go app), go to Album, go to Photos,  select the pics you want, and share to your device photo gallery, be happy. If the pics on the Album show the "ORIGINAL" label on it, it should be already downloaded from de drone, and  in full resolution.

Thanks for the help. Awesome!
2019-6-11
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Brazil

allyssongemelli Posted at 6-11 06:41
Thanks for the help. Awesome!

Conseguiu?
2019-6-11
Use props
allyssongemelli
Captain
Brazil

Eu não testei ontem essa função, esqueci. Mas vou verificar outra hora sim.
2019-6-12
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Brazil

allyssongemelli Posted at 6-12 06:18
Eu não testei ontem essa função, esqueci. Mas vou verificar outra hora sim.

Cool!! Let me know if it worked!
2019-6-12
Use props
fanseb83622d
lvl.1

Guatemala

Why is quality of original photo after editing so bad? I use Original photo i put it to the app to make a video from more photos but photos are very bad after editing.
2020-2-11
Use props
allyssongemelli
Captain
Brazil

fanseb83622d Posted at 2-11 16:14
Why is quality of original photo after editing so bad? I use Original photo i put it to the app to make a video from more photos but photos are very bad after editing.

It depends which drone are you using. Even Tello that has 5MP camera, delivers a good photo if has a good light on area.
2020-2-13
Use props
fanseb83622d
lvl.1

Guatemala

allyssongemelli Posted at 2-13 11:10
It depends which drone are you using. Even Tello that has 5MP camera, delivers a good photo if has a good light on area.

Mavic 2 Zoom, but photo is nice in the phone but when I want to make a video in the DJI application sometimes I add there also photo a after creating the video in DJI app the photo is terrible.
2020-2-25
Use props
djiuser_j22YZhptTv6V
New

United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2019-6-9 12:06
Something that I've asked before and never really gotten a good answer to.  Yes, on my SD card the photos/videos are beautiful and colorful.  When I land, I look at my phone and I have two folders in my gallery.  I have DJI Album with all my still photos.  I have DJI_RECORD.  DJI Album has photos with a resolution size about 3.58 MB with a photo size of 4000x2250.  DJI_RECORD has videos that of course, range in size dependent upon how long, but are at a resolution of 1280x720 (Not high, but acceptable.  The ones on the SD card are at 2.7k 30Fps. Stills on the SD Card are on average 3.6 MB in size and  4000x2250 in resolution.  

BUT after I land and a few hours later, I have ANOTHER album appear.  CACHE_IMAGE come up.  The photos in here are 12.04 Kb in size and a resolution of 160x120 AND I have duplicates of photos ALSO in that folder that are 960x540 in resolution and about 397.2kb in size.  

I have this same issue.  I end up with a phone full of duplicates when browsing all folders, a high res photo and a photo labeled "thumb_..." that's in the CACHE_IMAGE folder.  Each photo is 160x112.  

Anybody know how to prevent the Thumbnail images from saving?
2020-3-11
Use props
Kayrsquos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14521 ft

Netherlands

Have a look ar both of the pictures!! Youll see that one is fine and the other is just terribe! Thats what he means and i have the problem too. I get a Very bad picture and a normal picture cached. So i get 2 cached pictures. Its really annoyinh having to go through all the pictures to find the right one.
Screenshot_20210612-094005_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210612-094000_Gallery.jpg
2021-6-11
Use props
0Stephan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451631 ft
United States

fanseb83622d Posted at 2020-2-11 16:14

Phones were not made for pro video/photo editing and encoding into a video-like slideshow. If possible, try using some other video editing app, like cyberlink powerdirector, or use a computer. Also, DJI Go 4 is much less optimized than DJI FLY, so it may be hogging up way too much of your phone's ram and processor to be able to produce any high quality video edits
2021-7-14
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1507073 ft
United States

0Stephan Posted at 7-14 10:13
Phones were not made for pro video/photo editing and encoding into a video-like slideshow. If possible, try using some other video editing app, like cyberlink powerdirector, or use a computer. Also, DJI Go 4 is much less optimized than DJI FLY, so it may be hogging up way too much of your phone's ram and processor to be able to produce any high quality video edits

So I took some shots but my SD card is corrupt. I tried and  can't get anything off it.

I know the photos stored in cache are low quality, but I would like to get them anyways.

I have my tablet connected to my computer. I see a vide cache folder (got my videos) but NO photo cache.

Does the GO4 app not cache photos?
2021-8-10
Use props
0Stephan
lvl.3
United States

DeputyDawgAtl Posted at 8-10 06:02
So I took some shots but my SD card is corrupt. I tried and  can't get anything off it.

I know the photos stored in cache are low quality, but I would like to get them anyways.

It does, just not in the video cacheOn my samsung, the video cache is in /SD card/DJI/dji.go.v4/DJI_RECORD and the photos are in /Internal storage/DJI/dji.go.v4/CACHE_IMAGE
The following is not an ad, but a suggestion:
Also, try downloading the free version of Recuva, https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva, I have been able to get at least some photos back from a USB drive that I once tried to copy to another one, but ended up copying to itself and deleting all the files in the process.

2021-8-10
Use props
0Stephan
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_j22YZhptTv6V Posted at 2020-3-11 20:20
I have this same issue.  I end up with a phone full of duplicates when browsing all folders, a high res photo and a photo labeled "thumb_..." that's in the CACHE_IMAGE folder.  Each photo is 160x112.  

Anybody know how to prevent the Thumbnail images from saving?

As far as I can see, there are only options to turn off video caching or limit it. There is nothing on photo caching. DJI GO 4 does use those cached images in flight logs, so you can see where precisely you took the image.
The phone also only caches what it finds on the drone's sd card, so if something is on the card, it will show in the app.
2021-8-10
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1507073 ft
United States

0Stephan Posted at 8-10 12:14
As far as I can see, there are only options to turn off video caching or limit it. There is nothing on photo caching. DJI GO 4 does use those cached images in flight logs, so you can see where precisely you took the image.
The phone also only caches what it finds on the drone's sd card, so if something is on the card, it will show in the app.

FYI.. I was able to get them.  NOT from the GO4 app connected to  the drone. I believe I launched the Go4 app and went  into the edit screen and there they all were. I had to download them 1 at a time, but I got them.
2021-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules