Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
CHANGE DEFAULT COORDINATE SYSTEM AND DATUM
9632 4 2019-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mamas_n
lvl.1

Cyprus

Is there a way to change default coordinate system and datum from wgs84 to country coordinate system in phantom 4 rtk settings? When using gps rover and not the drtk2 base to collect checkpoints they don't match because the phantom 4 rtk default is wgs84 and the points are collected in country coordinate system.
2019-6-6
Use props
patiam
Captain
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

AFAIK you must use WGS84 Geographic (Lat/Lon) coordinates in the field with the D-RTK 2 and P4P RTK.

If there is a way to use another datum/system I'd love to hear about it as well!

You can however use checkpoints in another coordinate system in many photogrammetry packages such as Pix4D, which will let you choose a different output and input geodesy. Or, simply convert from your country coordinates to WGS84 Geographic.
2019-6-6
Use props
jivago
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23671 ft
Iran

If you use custom network RTK (CORS system) for getting RTCM correction message, all image centers positions calculated based on CORS coordinate system. Thus there must be a synchronous with image centers and your rover coordinates in arbitrary country coordinate system.

If you use P4R in GNSS mode and process your P4R's RINEX file (I have no idea about that method till now and DJI didn't say anything about that), image centers will calculate according to BASE position in whatever coordinate system it was.

So tell me what method do you use?
2019-6-6
Use props
mamas_n
lvl.1

Cyprus

jivago Posted at 6-6 11:39
If you use custom network RTK (CORS system) for getting RTCM correction message, all image centers positions calculated based on CORS coordinate system. Thus there must be a synchronous with image centers and your rover coordinates in arbitrary country coordinate system.

If you use P4R in GNSS mode and process your P4R's RINEX file (I have no idea about that method till now and DJI didn't say anything about that), image centers will calculate according to BASE position in whatever coordinate system it was.

I am using custom network RTK, the image centers are all calculated in wgs84 at least that's what I read in the exif.
2019-6-7
Use props
mamas_n
lvl.1

Cyprus

patiam Posted at 6-6 11:22
AFAIK you must use WGS84 Geographic (Lat/Lon) coordinates in the field with the D-RTK 2 and P4P RTK.

If there is a way to use another datum/system I'd love to hear about it as well!

when I use checkpoints with country's coordinate system the whole ortho is moved like 7m. I want a solution which doesn't need me to use several software for transformations in order to get a result which could be easily produced by adding a simple setting like all gps rovers to p4p rtk.
2019-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules