Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
PPK processing using TBC
9414 19 2019-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
choppedxs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602090 ft
New Zealand

Is anyone out there using the RTCM file from the DRTK2 and the RINEX file on the drone to post process the photo locations using Trimble Business Centre?  I have managed to get the files off the various devices no worries but am having trouble figuring out how to process the files. At the moment I just get one position for the 260 photo points I took on a job. My guess this is an average of all the points.  I see there is also a MRK file that gives the time of acquisition and RTK position but not sure how this is included with the processing in order to regenerate the photo points using PPK.
Thanks!
2019-6-6
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

I have two How To's write-ups that show how to use the P4RTK and processing it through RTKLIB process to get a GPX (a XML file with Long/Lat/Alt and phot name) file which is then used in GeoSetter to modify the GPS MetaData of the photos with the corrected GPS/Altitude information.

It's a very easy process to follow.
2019-6-7
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've seen threads and discussions elsewhere about using TBC to post process P4P RTK PPK data. Didn't pursue them b/c that's not a viable workflow for us but I'm fairly sure I remember seeing them. Google should help....
2019-6-7
Use props
choppedxs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602090 ft
New Zealand

I found this one which looks very thorough.
https://www.aerotas.com/phantom-4-rtk-ppk-processing-workflow/
2019-6-9
Use props
Topodrone
lvl.1
Russia

Hi, I would suggest to look at this software for PPK processing https://topodrone.org/product/so ... ing/toposetter-2-0/ it is easy to use and accurate
2020-4-18
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

In your entirely unbiased opinion, right? Or is your username just purely coincidental?
2020-4-18
Use props
Guillermo Meinero
lvl.4

Argentina

LYVFD8142 Posted at 2019-6-7 03:57
I have two How To's write-ups that show how to use the P4RTK and processing it through RTKLIB process to get a GPX (a XML file with Long/Lat/Alt and phot name) file which is then used in GeoSetter to modify the GPS MetaData of the photos with the corrected GPS/Altitude information.

can you share it with me?
2020-5-15
Use props
Guillermo Meinero
lvl.4

Argentina

does anyone has lucky using the excel "Aerotas P4RTK PPK Adjustments V1.0.xlsm"... which is a spreadsheet used to adjust the cameras positions after the RTKLIB PPK
link
2020-5-15
Use props
CCAM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3543 ft
United States

Guillermo Meinero Posted at 5-15 06:52
does anyone had lucky using the excel "Aerotas P4RTK PPK Adjustments V1.0.xlsm"... which is a spreadsheet used to adjust the cameras positions after the RTKLIB PPK
link

I use Effigis' EZSURV. It does cost money, however it is very easy to use and they have implemented the capability to directly import the P4 RTK MRK files and export photo positions with the individual antenna offsets incorporated. Export data is also very customizable. I could not the the RTKlib solution to work. If anyone has a step by step walk through, including utilizing the MRK file, that would be great.
2020-5-15
Use props
Guille_Meinero
lvl.4

Argentina

@choppedxs , maybe you already figured out how to import rinex data to TBC, but what you should do is check "Force kinematic" (i don't know exactly the translation because i use it in spanish) when rinex files comes from the drones.

2020-5-17
Use props
TxRPLS
lvl.2

United States

I would forget the DJI base station and use one of your Trimble units to get the Rinex file you need. I gave up on the RTK2 after about a week of receiving. I started using my Leica GS 14 and post-processing using RedCatch Toolbox. Works great. BTW, I had the same problem with Leica Infinity.
2020-5-17
Use props
Skyveyor112
lvl.4
United States

CCAM Posted at 5-15 08:15
I use Effigis' EZSURV. It does cost money, however it is very easy to use and they have implemented the capability to directly import the P4 RTK MRK files and export photo positions with the individual antenna offsets incorporated. Export data is also very customizable. I could not the the RTKlib solution to work. If anyone has a step by step walk through, including utilizing the MRK file, that would be great.

CCAM,

Have you tried TopoSetter?  I am experimenting with it. So far I am happy with it although my experience is limited. The workflow is simple and the software automatically updates the EXIF data on your images. It seamlessly integrates the MRK data from the PRTK.  They use RTKlib.

My only complaint is limited GEOID support. In the states we just updated to 18. Id like to see 18 or 12b.
2020-6-28
Use props
TxRPLS
lvl.2

United States

It won't work, I had the same problem with Leica Infinity. I use RedCATCH for PPK processing along with the RoboDot for my base. https://www.redcatch.at/redtoolbox/
https://www.robota.us/product-page/robodot-rtk-base

2020-6-29
Use props
TxRPLS
lvl.2

United States

Skyveyor112 Posted at 6-28 12:10
CCAM,

Have you tried TopoSetter?  I am experimenting with it. So far I am happy with it although my experience is limited. The workflow is simple and the software automatically updates the EXIF data on your images. It seamlessly integrates the MRK data from the PRTK.  They use RTKlib.

II never store my images with anything other than ellipsoid heights. If you start adjusting from one model to another this will bite you in the rear. I use Pix4D, but I am sure the other software will allow a geoid offset or application of a geoid while processing. If I have my native images that are tagged with an accurate location in WGS 84, I can always produce another project in a different coordinate system.
2020-6-30
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TxRPLS Posted at 6-30 12:42
II never store my images with anything other than ellipsoid heights. If you start adjusting from one model to another this will bite you in the rear. I use Pix4D, but I am sure the other software will allow a geoid offset or application of a geoid while processing. If I have my native images that are tagged with an accurate location in WGS 84, I can always produce another project in a different coordinate system.

+1 for HAE in original data.
2020-6-30
Use props
Skyveyor112
lvl.4
United States

TxRPLS Posted at 6-30 12:42
II never store my images with anything other than ellipsoid heights. If you start adjusting from one model to another this will bite you in the rear. I use Pix4D, but I am sure the other software will allow a geoid offset or application of a geoid while processing. If I have my native images that are tagged with an accurate location in WGS 84, I can always produce another project in a different coordinate system.

The reason we are considering it is to get rid of GCPs.  How do you recommend getting to orthometric height?  Single offset in PIX4d with the GEOID height taken from the center of the area? This would work. But I am thinking adjusting every image with a geoid height extracted at the image lat and long would be more accurate. This would be applied during the PPK processing.

Thoughts?
2020-6-30
Use props
dodger_rog
lvl.4

Australia

Skyveyor112 Posted at 6-30 17:07
The reason we are considering it is to get rid of GCPs.  How do you recommend getting to orthometric height?  Single offset in PIX4d with the GEOID height taken from the center of the area? This would work. But I am thinking adjusting every image with a geoid height extracted at the image lat and long would be more accurate. This would be applied during the PPK processing.

Thoughts?

We use a global adjustment from the ellipsoid height to geoid height for each project based on the surveyed GCPs. The correction is the average difference between each GCPs ellipsoid to geoid values. We typically find across the project area there is a less than 1cm variation in these values.

In my opinion, I don't think there would be an observable improvement in accuracy by adjusting each image individually.
2020-6-30
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dodger_rog Posted at 6-30 19:05
We use a global adjustment from the ellipsoid height to geoid height for each project based on the surveyed GCPs. The correction is the average difference between each GCPs ellipsoid to geoid values. We typically find across the project area there is a less than 1cm variation in these values.

In my opinion, I don't think there would be an observable improvement in accuracy by adjusting each image individually.

Depends on the size of the project, and where it is. In some areas geoid height can vary by many cm over  km or even 100s of m. If your project is large and you're using Pix4D, you're stuck with applying a single (global) shift, which may not maintain project tolerances in such areas.

One solution is to break the project up and use appropriate geoid separation values for each. Another is to keep the project in HAE and then shift all the outputs using a text or raster geoid model from NGS (in the US).

The better solution would be if Pix4D would allow us to simply point to a file instead of entering a single value for geoid height. I've lobbied them for such an enhancement, and I'm lobbying other users to do so as well. The squeaky wheel and all that...
2020-7-1
Use props
Geomaticist
lvl.1

United States

First you have to use IMPORT, cannot drag and drop. and you will want to select 'force kinematic' You can then process the file. But I have not managed to export it and use.

I use TOPOSETTER 2.0  and it works very good. I think (not sure) that it is better than redbox because you can enter in the offsets for the camera to gps, using the info from the DJI RTK manual. And it works.

One stange thing I notice, un related to your question, is sometime the drone will write its .obs file and use 1980 at the date of first observation. If that happens you have to edit it.
2020-8-27
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

LYVFD8142 Posted at 2019-6-7 03:57

Hi LYVFD8142,

its a very old post, i know. But can ou tell me how you get a GPX through the RTKLIB Workflow? Have tried for many days now, but no clue...

Thanks a lot!
2022-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules