Osmo Action Underwater Housing
7825 25 2019-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ihachem
lvl.2
United States

Hello Everyone!

I am new to DJI Forums so excuse me if this post is not supposed to be here!

Is there any words out there on when the Osmo Pocket and Osmo Action Underwater housing might be released. I am traveling soon and I am afraid that I won't be able to use my cameras while scuba diving! Do you recommend any alternative 3rd party housings to be prepared for a worst case scenario?

Thank you,
Ibrahim

differenze-osmo-action-osmo-pocket.jpg
2019-6-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

So far I have not heard about it.
2019-6-7
Use props
ihachem
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-7 06:48
So far I have not heard about it.

Thank you
2019-6-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ihachem. Thank you for reaching out and we do appreciate your interest in our products. As of the moment, we don't have any timeframe yet when it will be available/in stock. If ever it will be available it will be posted on our official online store at https://store.dji.com/?site=brandsite&from=nav. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-6-7
Use props
Sweetbud
New

Brazil

The release of this accessory will determine my purchase of OSMO OCKET.  I hope we can find it very soon in stock
2019-6-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

A Hero 7 I think is waterproof.  Some have had problems with it freezing though! So if you are scuba diving and record, it freezes, you won't know.
2019-6-7
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

A spare battery might be a nice accessory for the diving case!!!!
2019-6-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome.....
2019-6-7
Use props
ihachem
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-7 07:52
Hello and good day ihachem. Thank you for reaching out and we do appreciate your interest in our products. As of the moment, we don't have any timeframe yet when it will be available/in stock. If ever it will be available it will be posted on our official online store at https://store.dji.com/?site=brandsite&from=nav. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank You DJI Stephen
2019-6-10
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

I think the Pocket waterproof case won't be available until the sales targets are met for the Action.  I think a water proof Pocket would take away from the Actions market.
2019-6-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ihachem Posted at 6-10 08:46
Thank You DJI Stephen

You are very much welcome ihachem. Have a safe and happy filming always.
2019-6-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Osmo action is already waterproof to 11 meters , I have seen a comment from dji mindy saying housing for Osmo Pocket will be out in June , so fingers crossed .
2019-6-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From the frequently asked questions:-

5. Is Osmo Action waterproof?

Yes. Osmo Action itself can be used at depths of up to 11 m, and it can be used at depths of up to 60 m by using the Osmo Action Waterproof Case.
2019-6-11
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ikelite is considering developing an underwater housing for the OSMO Action to bring it down to 60m.
2019-6-12
Use props
cdmuller
lvl.1
Flight distance : 669101 ft
  • >>>
France

STRIDE8 Posted at 6-10 08:52
I think the Pocket waterproof case won't be available until the sales targets are met for the Action.  I think a water proof Pocket would take away from the Actions market.

don’t understand why DJI came out with an «  GoPro sibling »  what we need is a underwater case for your Osmo pocket … I’m waiting since a yea now… I got a Gopro 6 already and I’m not so happy whit it as I’m with the GREAT Osmo pocket, so would certainly not purchase this «  GoPro sibling »  with 2 screens!!!
2019-6-20
Use props
cdmuller
lvl.1
Flight distance : 669101 ft
  • >>>
France

Aardvark Posted at 6-11 14:12
From the frequently asked questions:-

5. Is Osmo Action waterproof?

so why ca ’t we purchase the Osmo housing ? it’s a shame such a one year long waiting time!
when you scuba dive since more than 30 years you don’t want to dive with a - 11 m camera! it’s a pure joke :-(
2019-6-20
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

cdmuller@me.com Posted at 6-20 06:18
so why ca ’t we purchase the Osmo housing ? it’s a shame such a one year long waiting time!
when you scuba dive since more than 30 years you don’t want to dive with a - 11 m camera! it’s a pure joke :-(

1 year? The Osmo pocket has only been out for 6 months. The underwater housing is supposed to be available in July.
2019-6-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was hoping for one as well
2019-6-20
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Would love to see preorders now and shipping on July 1st.. purely for selfish reasons of course
2019-6-20
Use props
The_Pedro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155292 ft
Portugal

Welcome to the forum! Osmo Action should be safe up to 11m... but I understand you I'm also looking for some extra protection.
2019-6-20
Use props
ihachem
lvl.2
United States

STRIDE8 Posted at 6-20 11:20
Would love to see preorders now and shipping on July 1st.. purely for selfish reasons of course

hahahaha
2019-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think both firmware and hardware for Osmo Pocket are imminent.....
2019-6-22
Use props
usera0e2502f09
New

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-10 08:55
You are very much welcome ihachem. Have a safe and happy filming always.

Is this guy pretending to be an employee??
2019-6-28
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

usera0e2502f09 Posted at 6-28 12:30
Is this guy pretending to be an employee??

I don't know whether or not MODERATORS are employees or just help represent the company but his title is OFFICIAL.  
2019-6-28
Use props
Elaine Ross
New

Thailand

I want to buy this but will mainly use it for scuba diving (below 11m). Therefore the release of the dive housing is what's holding me back. Please release this item soon. Many underwater pro videographers place a GoPro on top of their rig to capture a different perspective. I'd like to use DJI instead but ATM cannot because of this restriction.
2019-7-16
Use props
42deluxe
lvl.2
Germany

Soon or not, waiting or not.. It‘s this what the heck is wrong with these guys that they can‘t tell us a approximate release date?

Soon?
Mom, when will we arrive in Disneyland?
Soon (and now shut the f... up)

This is the message.

Actually I‘m using my GoPro 5 for diving. In September is my last dive trip for this year. Which means: keep your dive housing. If it‘s not here right now, it won‘t be there early enough.
This would be okay. If there would be a clear statement. July, August, September, not before.. The reason is..

I don‘t like beeing played. It‘s that simple.
2019-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules