Master Airscrew Propellers - do they really extend your battery?
2032 16 2019-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flying_Nevada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85253 ft
United States

The short answer is....yes.  My disappointment in this controlled experiment is that neither configuration was able to hit the 20 minute mark on rather new batteries.

2019-6-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I personally would not use third party props.
But maybe I'm too careful..
2019-6-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing
2019-6-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Flying_Nevada. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this video. Actually, there is a possibility that the Master Airscrew Stealth Propellers will be able work on the DJI Mavic Air. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Master Airscrew Stealth Propellers if it will work all the time with no issues while using the DJI Mavic Air.  Just a friendly reminder that  it is recommended to use the original propellers for the DJI Mavic Air for compatibility and reliability. If in case of damage caused by the third-party propellers to the said drone. The warranty of the drone might be void. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-6-7
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2019-6-7
Use props
nilsonleow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136680 ft
Ukraine

Hm... interesting...
But in my mind 1:29' it is within the average error.
2019-6-7
Use props
Flying_Nevada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85253 ft
United States

nilsonleow Posted at 6-7 11:58
Hm... interesting...
But in my mind 1:29' it is within the average error.

Hmmm....maybe 30 seconds in a controlled environment, but 90 seconds can't be as easily explained away under these conditions.  I don't regularly push the limits, but I'd be happy to know I had 90 more seconds to recover a drone than not.
2019-6-7
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-7 07:44
Hello and good day Flying_Nevada. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this video. Actually, there is a possibility that the Master Airscrew Stealth Propellers will be able work on the DJI Mavic Air. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Master Airscrew Stealth Propellers if it will work all the time with no issues while using the DJI Mavic Air.  Just a friendly reminder that  it is recommended to use the original propellers for the DJI Mavic Air for compatibility and reliability. If in case of damage caused by the third-party propellers to the said drone. The warranty of the drone might be void. Thank you for your understanding.

Does that mean that DJI are going to test these with the Mavic Air and if ok recommend them?
2019-6-8
Use props
nilsonleow
Second Officer
Ukraine

Flying_Nevada Posted at 6-7 20:16
Hmmm....maybe 30 seconds in a controlled environment, but 90 seconds can't be as easily explained away under these conditions.  I don't regularly push the limits, but I'd be happy to know I had 90 more seconds to recover a drone than not.

May be you right!? 90 seconds could save situation...
But to be 100% sure, I would do an experiment 5-6 times with each props and combine results.
2019-6-8
Use props
Gazmg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

Ive been  using these props for a year now and no problems with them at all ...Why is it so hard that DJI cannot instruct there supplier to put a different die in the mix for the quite props let say ? then we could still support DJI with our purchases but also put a little differeance of appearances to our drones...Flourecent Green and Orange would be nice...
2019-6-8
Use props
Dronie1981
lvl.4

Malaysia

Thanks for sharing
2019-6-8
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for posting
2019-6-9
Use props
Jason James
lvl.3
Flight distance : 827487 ft
Ecuador

nilsonleow Posted at 6-8 00:47
May be you right!? 90 seconds could save situation...
But to be 100% sure, I would do an experiment 5-6 times with each props and combine results.

I agree, even 5-10% more flight time is intriguing, but that test was not totally convincing, would have to repeat it several times. For all we know, one of those batteries could have more cycles on it than the other.
2019-6-9
Use props
nilsonleow
Second Officer
Ukraine

Jason James Posted at 6-9 11:19
I agree, even 5-10% more flight time is intriguing, but that test was not totally convincing, would have to repeat it several times. For all we know, one of those batteries could have more cycles on it than the other.

I talk the same! Need more test to be sure in results...
2019-6-9
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

Still, this test with a fixed hanging indoors is not very revealing. More extensive testing is needed. It is not known how the drone will behave with the Master Airscrew Propellers in real flight, and whether it will be stable under various disturbing influences.
2019-6-9
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

I generally fly my MA for about 10 minutes and land at about 30% battery.  I don't want to get greedy and lose it.  I've noticed, now that I switched to the MAS props exclusively, that I seem to get about 4,000 more ft per flight on average.  
Old average flight = 20,000 ft
New average flight = 24,000 ft

I base this observation on about 30 flights with the MAS props.
2019-6-11
Use props
Jason James
lvl.3
Flight distance : 827487 ft
Ecuador

BKahuna Posted at 6-11 10:09
I generally fly my MA for about 10 minutes and land at about 30% battery.  I don't want to get greedy and lose it.  I've noticed, now that I switched to the MAS props exclusively, that I seem to get about 4,000 more ft per flight on average.  
Old average flight = 20,000 ft
New average flight = 24,000 ft

That's good to know, thanks for sharing your experience.

I 'm also very conservative with battery life, unless I'm very close to my homepoint and at a safe place.

So far I haven't had any of my Mavic Air batteries behave unpredictably or have "voltgae drops", but they do have about 50 cycles on them  so I'm never more than a few hundred yards out at 40% or below...
2019-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules