1329 5 2019-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_VbCZWweLm28N
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10853 ft
United States

Hello all!

I've been flying for about 2  months now and recently discovered RAW images and immediately switched  to taking them, but I've noticed that the RAW images tend to come out  liney, as if there aren't enough pixels available to produce a more precise image (almost like pixel art). My jpgs come out clean/smooth.

Any thoughts?

I would share the images here, but the sizes are too large.

2019-6-7
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
United States

You can`t hopen the RAWs as if they were JPGs. You have to evolve them with programs like Adobe Lightroom and you have to edit them, thats the whole point of RAWs. The pictures you see by opening them are just low quality previews. Please use google on how to edit RAWs.
2019-6-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Take it with D-Cinelike enabled.  Max sharpness to +3 this way you can edit the best way possible in Lightroom.
2019-6-7
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 6-7 09:16
Take it with D-Cinelike enabled.  Max sharpness to +3 this way you can edit the best way possible in Lightroom.

D-Cinelike applies only for videos, not for stills.
And sharpening on +3 is a bad idea. You can just sharpen it in post if needed.
2019-6-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

saviour Posted at 6-7 09:44
D-Cinelike applies only for videos, not for stills.
And sharpening on +3 is a bad idea. You can just sharpen it in post if needed.

It applies to photos too.  I've tested it along with D-Log but D-Log is bad.  You cannot recover the details if you sharpen in Post.  You need to do it at the camera then soften in post if needed.  I've compared my images between -1 all the way to +3 and everything looks better especially the trees at distance.

Back when the technology wasn't good doing it your way is better but things have changed.

I mean I've tested it with my Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 for pictures but for the Mavic 2 Pro I'm not sure if you can use a picture profile for stills.  I have a Mavic 2 Zoom but you have no picture profiles to select from when shooting stills.
2019-6-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there, Thank you for reaching out. For RAW format (DNG) is unprocessed, including sharpness, and may appear to be fuzzier than JPEG images before they are processed. You can use your own software to perform denoising and sharpening adjustments. After adjustment, the sharpness can exceed JPEG. Should you have any concerns please don't hesitate to reach us.  Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!
2019-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules