Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can a Power Bank Charge The Spark??
2638 23 2019-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D2_cayde
lvl.4
United States

i was wondering about if you can charge the dji saprk with a power bank because i was at mission beach and i just used my last battery for my spark and i went to ge and recharge it and i used charging thing that charges multiple batteries for the spark (came with the fly more combo) and the LED light was red and i was waiting to turn green so it can charge my batteries but the LED truned off and i charge the batteries with the spark but that didn't work either and the LED's for the batteries didn't light up. so i really wanted to know if i can charge my drone with a power bank.
2019-6-8
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Yes you should be able to without issue, but it may be a lot slower charge time.  Keep in mind, if you are using the 3 charger that the fly more came with, the batteries need to cool down before they will charge.  aka remove them and wait 20 minutes and plug them back on the charger
2019-6-8
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just get the charging station with 2 batteries that have the bigger clips.
2019-6-8
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Get a quick charge 3 power bank!

2019-6-9
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,

It could be that the battery you were just flying was still hot. The charger then refuses charging until the battery cooled down. It saves the battery from being damaged prematurely.
If you use a power bank, be sure to get one which can supply 2 amps (or more), otherwise the Spark will not charge (not even slowly)....at least that's how my Spark seems to do it.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-6-9
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

opsi!
looks like wolferl was the only one of us, answering in context to the full question!
Apology!
2019-6-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day D2_cayde. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry.  I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI Members who uses a power-bank in charging there DJI Spark. Actually, there is a  possibility that a power-bank will be able to charge with the said DJI drone however, since it's not yet tested and optimized with the DJI Spark we cannot guaranteed the stability of the power-bank when in use with the said device if this will work all the time while using the specific device. Thank you for your support.
2019-6-9
Use props
D2_cayde
lvl.4
United States

Mhinc Posted at 6-8 21:33
Yes you should be able to without issue, but it may be a lot slower charge time.  Keep in mind, if you are using the 3 charger that the fly more came with, the batteries need to cool down before they will charge.  aka remove them and wait 20 minutes and plug them back on the charger

thank you for the advice buddy
2019-6-9
Use props
D2_cayde
lvl.4
United States

Wolferl Posted at 6-9 04:32
Hi,

It could be that the battery you were just flying was still hot. The charger then refuses charging until the battery cooled down. It saves the battery from being damaged prematurely.

OK thanks so much about the info of the batteries
2019-6-9
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 6-8 22:40
Just get the charging station with 2 batteries that have the bigger clips.

Yet another brilliant off topic reply by the peanut gallery...
I don't believe "Clip Size" was brought up what so ever by th OP
2019-6-9
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mhinc Posted at 6-9 21:00
Yet another brilliant off topic reply by the peanut gallery...
I don't believe "Clip Size" was brought up what so ever by th OP

I just like to inform when possible.  Some people have lost their drones completely and lost drones causing structure damage.
2019-6-10
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 6-10 01:08
I just like to inform when possible.  Some people have lost their drones completely and lost drones causing structure damage.

This was about charging batteries.  It had nothing to do with battery clips, or losing their spark.  I don't think people want to hear your off topic advice. That's been made evident from your non lucid posts in the past.  You are the last person I would take advice from on this forum.
2019-6-10
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mhinc Posted at 6-10 01:43
This was about charging batteries.  It had nothing to do with battery clips, or losing their spark.  I don't think people want to hear your off topic advice. That's been made evident from your non lucid posts in the past.  You are the last person I would take advice from on this forum.

Off topic, advice is what can save lives.  I wish I had strong off topic advice about Bitcoin but I was stuck on how my parents and schools taught me growing up.

People who have died and worse would have Wished they had off topic advice.  You seeing me as the last person to take advice from and something going wrong with you would make me Love to use your failures as data.

Well, I don't really want to see any suffer.   Everything I use works and if people think I have no idea what I'm doing while people all around crash, fly away, create damage to others it's ok I think.

One main reason why I got into the drone and photography business is to log and record everything for analysis.  I got into so many other areas of life that people could consider Extreme and passed them all with flying colors otherwise I wouldn't even be here.  I also probably hold at Least 3 times as many licenses you hold.  If I ever make great systems that you could use, you would have to pay me for it but I should really start recording how things should be done.
2019-6-10
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 6-10 01:56
Off topic, advice is what can save lives.  I wish I had strong off topic advice about Bitcoin but I was stuck on how my parents and schools taught me growing up.

People who have died and worse would have Wished they had off topic advice.  You seeing me as the last person to take advice from and something going wrong with you would make me Love to use your failures as data.

This coming from the guy that tampered with his brand new P4 Pro V2 because you asked for advice regarding the second compass.  After being told by NUMEROUS people, you still didn't listen.  Maybe you haven't crashed but you are not one I would ever take advice from after that stunt.  

CLEAR CLEAR dumb dumb
2019-6-10
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mhinc Posted at 6-10 02:03
This coming from the guy that tampered with his brand new P4 Pro V2 because you asked for advice regarding the second compass.  After being told by NUMEROUS people, you still didn't listen.  Maybe you haven't crashed but you are not one I would ever take advice from after that stunt.  

CLEAR CLEAR dumb dumb

I did not tamper with my P4P V2.0 at all.  I said I couldn't open the P4P V2.0 because of that one screw.  I did not bother trying to pry open one leg to see if the antenna is disconnected.  I didn't even open it to see if any of the wires are disconnected.  I got it swapped and that's it.  I had an order coming in for the leg pieces from China but canceled it.

What people have told you is peer pressure.  How do you know they are all even correct?  I've said, it can have 3 Compass and if Compass 3 is Disconnected are where we All are now.

You just don't think from a Real engineering perspective.  You only see it according to what the Masses see and use that.  I'm sure that gets you far in life and very stable but in some situations like this, it is just very very Flawed.

Like I've said, Everything I have Works and I've never crashed any of the DJI drones.
2019-6-10
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 6-10 02:04
I did not tamper with my P4P V2.0 at all.  I said I couldn't open the P4P V2.0 because of that one screw.  I did not bother trying to pry open one leg to see if the antenna is disconnected.  I didn't even open it to see if any of the wires are disconnected.  I got it swapped and that's it.  I had an order coming in for the leg pieces from China but canceled it.

What people have told you is peer pressure.  How do you know they are all even correct?  I've said, it can have 3 Compass and if Compass 3 is Disconnected are where we All are now.

You are a laugh a minute.  I just keep coming back to see what ludicrous garbage you post .
As I have said before, you are truly the dictionary definition of a narcissist.
2019-6-10
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mhinc Posted at 6-10 02:34
You are a laugh a minute.  I just keep coming back to see what ludicrous garbage you post .
As I have said before, you are truly the dictionary definition of a narcissist.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 1&extra=#pid1881273
You could think it's for my own self-gain but in fact, it's for others.

2019-6-10
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 6-10 02:37
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 1&extra=#pid1881273
You could think it's for my own self-gain but in fact, it's for others.

Right still has nothing to do with the OPs post here.  That's the point.  It's like you make up questions in that head of yours and just ramble crap out that no one wants to hear because it was not the topic at hand.  You are just going to argue that again, as you always do, you don't seem to get it.  
I am just not wasting my time replying to you anymore .  
2019-6-10
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mhinc Posted at 6-10 02:41
Right still has nothing to do with the OPs post here.  That's the point.  It's like you make up questions in that head of yours and just ramble crap out that no one wants to hear because it was not the topic at hand.  You are just going to argue that again, as you always do, you don't seem to get it.  
I am just not wasting my time replying to you anymore .

yeah, if only issues in my head weren't made from things that Have already happened it would be fine

It could feel better for big issues to happen as it's living life Naturally but it's as blind as walking down the forest and not knowing there are mines placed and the ones with the map that knows where they are and says nothing.  After hitting one, the situation would feel like eating a ghost chili pepper or worse while drinking soda instead of milk or water.

The only thing we can do to prevent such issues is to prepare and strategically select where we should and could be.  Some people don't care, go, and plant anywhere.  The safest way is to look at all that has happened.  Pretty much how AI model learning is.
2019-6-10
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Germany

Folks, please, can you cut that out? Discuss this privately if you need to.

Thanks,
Wolferl
2019-6-10
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I've been thinking about getting a small inverter so I can use the DJI triple charger in the car.
2019-6-10
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Canada

Tentoes Posted at 6-10 04:57
I've been thinking about getting a small inverter so I can use the DJI triple charger in the car.

They are cheap enough.  May be a good plan.  Or just get more batteries and have them all pre charged
2019-6-10
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Mhinc Posted at 6-10 11:24
They are cheap enough.  May be a good plan.  Or just get more batteries and have them all pre charged

But I want to go out, use all the batteries and have them charge while I have supper so I can go back to flying.
2019-6-10
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

Yes you can. I have a power bank that outputs 12v via a cigarette outlet. It will also charge them via usb. Been using mine for about 3 months as I do not have access to power where I fly.
2019-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules