Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
External Microphone for the Osmo Action
18549 14 2019-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Huawei De Guzman
lvl.4

Philippines

Is the Osmo Action compatible for External Microphone? Any workaround, pals?

Thank you!
2019-6-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Huawei De Guzman. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Action supports an external microphone and can be connected to a third-party microphone via the DJI official 3.5 mm Adapter. Please note that the 3.5 mm Adapter for the DJI Osmo Pocket could not be used for DJI Osmo Action. Currently, this accessory for DJI Osmo Action has not been released yet. Please pay attention to the update on the official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-6-9
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-9 10:57
Hello and good day Huawei De Guzman. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Action supports an external microphone and can be connected to a third-party microphone via the DJI official 3.5 mm Adapter. Please note that the 3.5 mm Adapter for the DJI Osmo Pocket could not be used for DJI Osmo Action. Currently, this accessory for DJI Osmo Action has not been released yet. Please pay attention to the update on the official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.

Thank you DJI Stephen for confirming that there will be a 3.5mm Microphone Adapter specifically for the OSMO Action.  Looking forward to seeing this accessory along with so many other accessories advertised on your website for the OSMO Action as well.
2019-6-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

RichfromHowellNJ Posted at 6-10 20:43
Thank you DJI Stephen for confirming that there will be a 3.5mm Microphone Adapter specifically for the OSMO Action.  Looking forward to seeing this accessory along with so many other accessories advertised on your website for the OSMO Action as well.

You are very much welcome RichfromHowellNJ. Have a safe and happy filming always.
2019-6-11
Use props
Philip Suarez
lvl.1

United Kingdom

When will this be released as holding me back from ordering the camera. Thanks Phil
2019-8-5
Use props
NodOff
lvl.1

United States

Philip Suarez Posted at 8-5 03:49
When will this be released as holding me back from ordering the camera. Thanks Phil

So far we just keep getting the "Soon", or "We don't have a date yet" responses to this question.
2019-8-6
Use props
WilsonRaj
New

United Arab Emirates

Me too, I am waiting for the MIC adapter to be release before the purchase, I Hope it's not as big as the ex- "GIMBLE KILLER"
2019-8-7
Use props
vgrassos
lvl.1

Hello and good day Huawei De Guzman. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Action supports an external microphone and can be connected to a third-party microphone via the DJI official 3.5 mm Adapter. Please note that the 3.5 mm Adapter for the DJI Osmo Pocket could not be used for DJI Osmo Action. Currently, this accessory for DJI Osmo Action has not been released yet. Please pay attention to the update on the official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.

Any news about that precious adapter ? When will be released ? If you can't create the adapter update your firmware in order to work with all normal adapters...
2019-9-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day vgrassos. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry with regards to the 3.5 mm adapter. As of the moment we still have no information when will the said adapter will be released by DJI. If ever it will be available it will be posted on our official online store. In addition kindly please visit our official website for the latest updates with regards to this matter. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-9-13
Use props
Adam Griz Ryan
lvl.1

It's been over 6 months now with no external mic capabilities. Im about to sell my Osmo Action and go back to gopro because the sound out of the action is abysmal and not usable for my vlog videos. At least I can purchase an adapter for gopro. Jeez... As usual DJI rushes out a product before any of the must have accessories are ready. Y'all did the same thing with the pocket. Waited an entire year before you released an underwater case. This isn't rocket science. It's a 3.5mm adapter. Come on DJI. I love this camera, but you're forcing me to sell it.
2019-9-20
Use props
ff22
lvl.4

Adam Griz Ryan Posted at 9-20 09:24
It's been over 6 months now with no external mic capabilities. Im about to sell my Osmo Action and go back to gopro because the sound out of the action is abysmal and not usable for my vlog videos. At least I can purchase an adapter for gopro. Jeez... As usual DJI rushes out a product before any of the must have accessories are ready. Y'all did the same thing with the pocket. Waited an entire year before you released an underwater case. This isn't rocket science. It's a 3.5mm adapter. Come on DJI. I love this camera, but you're forcing me to sell it.

As you may have read - it is finally available.  See their store.
2019-9-20
Use props
djiuser_chuck5667
lvl.2

Hello and good day Huawei De Guzman. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Action supports an external microphone and can be connected to a third-party microphone via the DJI official 3.5 mm Adapter. Please note that the 3.5 mm Adapter for the DJI Osmo Pocket could not be used for DJI Osmo Action. Currently, this accessory for DJI Osmo Action has not been released yet. Please pay attention to the update on the official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.

Will it require a TRRS mic or TRS mic like the Osmo Pocket?
2019-9-21
Use props
djiuser_chuck5667
lvl.2

Will the mic input be TRRS or TRS like the Osmo Pocket
2019-9-21
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft

I think I would use a whole external recorder and just replace the camera audio in post production.
2019-9-21
Use props
cab1024
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23015 ft
United States

Tentoes Posted at 2019-9-21 09:31
I think I would use a whole external recorder and just replace the camera audio in post production.

Well, you're going to HAVE to do that because the adapter doesn't work in real life situations. Watch to the middle, at least to see how unbearable it gets.

2020-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules