Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone crash for the first time !!
1160 23 2019-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coco60
Second Officer
Flight distance : 632096 ft
Canada

I crashed my P4P today in a brick wall in Sport mode !!  I thought it would never happened to me after two years of safe flying! This is 100% my stupid fault. I wanted to impress a co-worker and show him how fast my bird flew in sport mode, bettween buildings . But the obstacle sensors dont work in that mode. All fonctions and gimble still work well, it's only the body that suffered damage. One motor is misaligned. Anyone knows where i could buy the top and bottom shell so i can fix it myself ? Or since this is a DJI forum how much will they charge to fix it.   Thanks
B0004111-2.jpg
B0004112.jpg
B0004115.jpg
2019-6-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sorry for your loss.  
2019-6-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day coco60. I am sorry to know what happened to the previous flight you had with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and I am sorry for your loss. Since this issue happened I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to fix or a corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-6-9
Use props
coco60
Second Officer
Canada

Thanks for the link but i'll wait a bit what others have to suggest.
2019-6-9
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Captain
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Ouch, hope you get it fixed
2019-6-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In my experience of what ive seen on here, send it in, seen as the camera and gimbal are ok (take a video of it with your phone and keep it safe) then theres the most expensive part already, the most expensive part  with yours will be the labour as its a fairly big job and not really one for the faint of heart replacing both shells, top aint too bad, its the bottom that holds everything barring the sink, it should be a fast turnaround too as i think with this big of a job they will just give you a recon unit.... there is however,  a small risk, and that is that the recon unit may have underlying issues that are not known to the technicians at the time of service and are only apparent when it get put to use, its a small risk but worth mentioning.

I have seen videos on replacing the shells and im fairly competent but after stripping mine down just to air it our after ditching, i would say send it in for service....

You need to go through the phantom section and see if you can find some service repairs where the member has included an after report (costs break down) there are some, normally when theyve been suprised at the cost being so low....
2019-6-9
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.4

Australia

Ouch that's got to hurt..the worst thing about a crash is that it happens so quick.
2019-6-9
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is why you always should fly like it's your first time flying.  It's like lots of experience when motorbiking, had a few situations where I would have went down hard.  You get used to it, but going over the limit is something else.  Without proper "training", complete and concise understanding it just leaves opportunities for things like this to happen.

The best thing you can do now, depending on how you use your drone is to buy a new V2.0.  You can risk making it yourself but the chance of putting it together wrong and causing damage again could be there.  The predicament has already presented itself and is too late to know your understanding was incomplete.
2019-6-10
Use props
Dronie1981
Second Officer

Malaysia

Sorry to saw that
2019-6-10
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Think I would send it in.  Removing all the guts is a job.
2019-6-10
Use props
KEJ
First Officer
United Kingdom

idea for costs P4 example
https://www.hobbymounts.co.uk/sh ... phantom%204%20shell

P4P shell on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=phantom+4+pro+shell&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

2019-6-10
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Captain
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Ooops, I am sorry, hope it can buff out or be replaced.
2019-6-10
Use props
sky wombat
Captain
Flight distance : 1443894 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Been there done that. I got the replacement shell through Amazon (check model is correct though).
For peace of mind I’d be inclined to send it in to DJI for assessment.
Let's know how it goes.
2019-6-10
Use props
Goldenseal
First Officer
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

The only thing you did wrong was show off a little. It will get you every time. Yes, DJI replacements can be problematic. Something the tech misses because it is intermittent, screwed me. I got a replacement and then the problem came up. They told me what to do to see if it would correct the problem. It seemed to, till it was 8 days out of it's 30 day replacement warranty. It's gone! Two months later and they kept switching service reps on me. I only got the run around. I do my own work on my Phantoms after that experience.
2019-6-10
Use props
coco60
Second Officer
Canada

Thanks for all your good thoughts, i finally decided that i will fix it myself, will be cheaper. I'm patient and good at these things anyway.  
2019-6-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you had a quote then? it will cost you nothing to get a quote from DJI, i think you would be pleasantly surprised..... granted, doing it yourself is always cheaper, when i tried stripping mine all the way down to dry it all out, i came unstuck  trying to fully remove the top, something wouldnt come undone and i couldnt figure it out, i cannot remember what it was now , but it only takes 1 snag when stripping of fitting and it could cost you more in the long run, more so if you cannot get it working again
2019-6-12
Use props
coco60
Second Officer
Canada

Bashy Posted at 6-12 18:23
Have you had a quote then? it will cost you nothing to get a quote from DJI, i think you would be pleasantly surprised..... granted, doing it yourself is always cheaper, when i tried stripping mine all the way down to dry it all out, i came unstuck  trying to fully remove the top, something wouldnt come undone and i couldnt figure it out, i cannot remember what it was now , but it only takes 1 snag when stripping of fitting and it could cost you more in the long run, more so if you cannot get it working again

I have checked couple of authorized DJI repare shops in Canada and it's arround $250 CAN. (approx $190 US).
2019-6-13
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Captain
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

coco60 Posted at 6-13 05:48
I have checked couple of authorized DJI repare shops in Canada and it's arround $250 CAN. (approx $190 US).

Thats not bad at all, if you want to repair it, but if you are battery issues too is it worth the investment?
2019-6-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ya cant argue with that price, if its affordable to you that is.
2019-6-13
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
First Officer
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

You could do the top and bottom shell yourself but like the one guy said it is not for the faint of heart it's a tedious process it will take you a few hours you will also need to have a little bit of knowledge on how to solder because you will have to desolder the motors to put them in the new shell.... you will also have to be very careful with all the antennas and coax I'm not to pinch them when the two halves go back together... I've done about three or four for a few guys and it's not too bad you just have to remember where each screw goes because most of them are different and you need to stay organized. Also be careful disconnecting the transmission coax and the compass coax if you are too rough you could rip the connection off the board. Here is a tip and this is what I did when I first started disassembling my first few DJI drones I would take pictures of every step that I did or that I thought was crucial.... for instance what  color coax went in what order on the board etc
2019-6-14
Use props
coco60
Second Officer
Canada

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 6-14 03:02
You could do the top and bottom shell yourself but like the one guy said it is not for the faint of heart it's a tedious process it will take you a few hours you will also need to have a little bit of knowledge on how to solder because you will have to desolder the motors to put them in the new shell.... you will also have to be very careful with all the antennas and coax I'm not to pinch them when the two halves go back together... I've done about three or four for a few guys and it's not too bad you just have to remember where each screw goes because most of them are different and you need to stay organized. Also be careful disconnecting the transmission coax and the compass coax if you are too rough you could rip the connection off the board. Here is a tip and this is what I did when I first started disassembling my first few DJI drones I would take pictures of every step that I did or that I thought was crucial.... for instance what  color coax went in what order on the board etc

After a week now got my top and bottom shell from Dronelab, Took three days to fix my Bird and tested it. Flies great, i’m back to normal !!  

2019-6-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

coco60 Posted at 6-22 09:39
After a week now got my top and bottom shell from Dronelab, Took three days to fix my Bird and tested it. Flies great, i’m back to normal !!

Well done.
2019-6-22
Use props
GhostintheSky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207936 ft
United States

coco60 Posted at 6-22 09:39

Great job and so glad to hear that you are up and running again.
2019-6-22
Use props
fansf54569f3
lvl.1
United States

Yikes, Ive had a few close calls. Im sorry for the damage.
2019-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules