Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Option to manually Enable / Disable WIFI/Bluetooth
12Next >
12115 47 2019-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HDRushmore
lvl.1
Brunei

Is there a way to Turn off the WIFI / Bluetooth when not in use?  In order to save some battery juice ?

2019-6-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi HDRushmore, we do appreciate your interest in our products. As of the moment, we don't have an option to turn off either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth on your Osmo Action when not in the operation mode. Rest assured that this concern will be forwarded to our related team for future development. After the evaluation of our engineers, significant suggestions or requests may be implemented via firmware , app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the "Release Notes" specific for your product. We appreciate your understanding and support. Thank you.
2019-6-10
Use props
djiuser_CFRzzFy0vLNz
New

United States

Hi DJI,

Please help update this, there are over 400 people who have viewed this.  It will be a great way to save power on the osmo action, I know when I do that with my gopro and X3000 it saves a ton of power.  Please help us update this on a firmware update.
2019-12-3
Use props
CemAygun
Captain
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

+1 here, I would love to have the option as well.
2019-12-3
Use props
SwissT
lvl.1
Switzerland

THIS ! My Yi4K cann do that, and that cam was much much cheaper.

I also wish a flat color profile and a option to show always the battery in % instead of this in inaccurate battery icon.
2019-12-3
Use props
ChrisCam
New

Germany

I would also very much appreciate this feature, otherwise it‘s not safe or legal to use the cam in an airplane.
2019-12-6
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

DJI should  say:  Wifi is Off   and blte is  not active till the  Memo App is active. they did not so is that true It is off  till the app is active or is it ON  all teh time bluetooth I say On.  not wifi so DJI please do come forward.
2019-12-6
Use props
fansad6e4e86
lvl.1
United States

I had an Osmo Action pulled by Boeing security from along side of the Pad 41 flame trench before last weeks CST-100 Atlas 5 launch.
They did a wifi sweep and found the Osmo Action.
They also pulled a GoPro 2 that obviously doesn't support wifi or bluetooth.
A wifi off feature would be a plus for me.
2019-12-26
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

DJI Team and all

2019-12-26
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-10 08:49
Hi HDRushmore, we do appreciate your interest in our products. As of the moment, we don't have an option to turn off either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth on your Osmo Action when not in the operation mode. Rest assured that this concern will be forwarded to our related team for future development. After the evaluation of our engineers, significant suggestions or requests may be implemented via firmware , app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the "Release Notes" specific for your product. We appreciate your understanding and support. Thank you.

DJI Paladin Rest assure we want the right to have what all Requested for the past updated firwares, the Safest way to be at ease to control the camera  with a Enable and disable  The Kids at DJI are not making this happen. and we want results without failure.
2019-12-26
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

fansad6e4e86 Posted at 12-26 06:55
I had an Osmo Action pulled by Boeing security from along side of the Pad 41 flame trench before last weeks CST-100 Atlas 5 launch.
They did a wifi sweep and found the Osmo Action.
They also pulled a GoPro 2 that obviously doesn't support wifi or bluetooth.

That is very interesting.  And the fact that it cannot be turned off if filming makes it a potential problem.  Did they allow you to continue or what?
2019-12-26
Use props
fans65b6bfb0
lvl.1
United States

ff22 Posted at 12-26 07:53
That is very interesting.  And the fact that it cannot be turned off if filming makes it a potential problem.  Did they allow you to continue or what?

They placed about 7 confiscated cameras in a steel box at the Pad gate. I was able to retrieve it on leaving
2019-12-26
Use props
SwissT
lvl.1
Switzerland

Over 3 month ago since the initial post. And DJI did not respond Is it so hard to implement a WiFi and BT switch in the FW?

The bigger the company, the less they listen to customers and I thought I bought a product with good and fast support - I think I was wrong.
2019-12-27
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

not important to DJI I say, to us it is.
2019-12-27
Use props
ChrisCam
New

Germany

DJI, can you give us a status please ?  It‘s sad to see that you reply on video uploads but not on this matter...
2019-12-27
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

As DJI Team Here, are they allowed t ocommunicate to the site about inhouse info, or simply told to Rest assure. We pass the info along, Sorry to hear. those are like that  5 button  recorded sound devices.   So in the real world we'll see something in the fure, not what we asked for Lie Looping.  Lol. more like the actual   feature Wifi.  maybe thy will get Nite photo out before they get wifi  fixed.  Just rest assure they are aware...
2019-12-27
Use props
peiter
First Officer
Denmark

Personally i don't use wifi or Bluetooth, on my OA camera, or in my life in general.
Big fan of wires at home, and i have never tried to connect anything to a WIFI access point.
Out of necessity i do have a wifi router connected to my home security so i have a live feed on a tablet on my bedside table for motion detect alarms when a person get near my car.
But that router do not have internet access, and none of my CCTV cameras are aimed inward, so if i choose to i can run around in my apartment butt naked, and not risk a hacker viewing that, or traumatize the world if it got out in public.
Highest on my want list are still user selectable settings for sharpness at least.
2019-12-27
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

Wifi is forced on    at start up we like it to be Off.
2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_cyhDb3m3Dkpc
New

Denmark

+1 for being able to turn off Bluetooth and WiFi to save battery time
2020-6-7
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-6-10 08:49

We all stay tuned   we have seen FW1.3, to FW 1.8 5 firmwares go by and not a single  thing came about of BLTE being  added manually?  can the team  give us the reply that is long awaited from June 2019 a full year later?????????? and A DAY
2020-6-7
Use props
relaxosmo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

+1
i want to turn it of, when not needed, when i place cam on a drone, etc..
why is it soo hard?
2020-6-7
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

Do you know only BLTE is on not wifi.
2020-6-8
Use props
djiuser_6TnCiIdyNFoA
New

Philippines

Any update on this one? It will be a big help for the battery for sure. Also i think it can lessen the heat from the camera. Or maybe they really have no plans to change it so you will buy the oa2
2020-9-30
Use props
3Edwin
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi, I just bought the osmo action and looking for a way to turn bluetooth and wifi off. Is there any update on this topic?
2020-12-4
Use props
Mizzu
First Officer
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

3Edwin Posted at 12-4 13:17
Hi, I just bought the osmo action and looking for a way to turn bluetooth and wifi off. Is there any update on this topic?

Don't expect any further imporvements/updates on this device. I think they abandoned it.
2020-12-4
Use props
snorkel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

The latest firmware still has no option to turn off wifi or bluetooth.
2020-12-22
Use props
AllenConstantin
lvl.1
Romania

DJI Support Team, any update on this?
2021-1-4
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

they slowly got around to a threshold low and high, maybe by 2022 they can release what we asked for in 2019
2021-1-4
Use props
AllenConstantin
lvl.1
Romania

Fishycomics Posted at 1-4 17:14
they slowly got around to a threshold low and high, maybe by 2022 they can release what we asked for in 2019

It really won't be that hard for them to make this option available!

It is a great product but battery is running low when wifi and bluetooth are always on!
2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_mypj3TFxST2B
New
Flight distance : 439780 ft
United States

Being able to turn off the wifi should be a simple firmware update and this has been an incredibly popular request for years.  Each of the competitive cameras offer this feature to significantly boost battery life.  Please respond with when your customers can expect to receive this very basic feature.  Failing to respond on this important product feature is not an acceptable choice.
2021-2-7
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

When I was in talks with Aiptek, Ray of Aiptekinc, and Kodak Dave Snook,, it was against Policy to  offer inside info. and here we are asking for that.

Bluetooth wifi  got to love it. its one less t thing I have to do to  make sure its off,  how much power will it conserve if its totally off.  1 extra minute, 2. think it does not make that much a difference if on or off if asking me. but i agree  Ilike some control, then No control.
2021-2-8
Use props
djiuser_ueRDFdoRI49F

Australia

I use two Omso actions one rear and front of my bicycle. I use the rear camera as a rearview to my cell phone (monitor). Currently the Osmo app picks up the wifi on both and while it's simple to choose one, it'd be even easier if one was simply turned off
2021-2-26
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

June 10th 2019

Hi Place username in , we do appreciate your interest in our products. As of the moment, we don't have an option to turn off either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth on your Osmo Action when not in the operation mode. Rest assured that this concern will be forwarded to our related team for future development. After the evaluation of our engineers, significant suggestions or requests may be implemented via firmware , app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the "Release Notes" specific for your product. We appreciate your understanding and support. Thank you.

About  8 firmware releases, were made, do you actually think they listened?  
2021-2-27
Use props
Cdelle
lvl.1

Canada

Just amazing that a simple option to turn off wifi and bluetooth cannot be added in over 2 years.  This camera interferes with everything else I own. Kills my gps and everything.  Come on DJI.  Why the hell would I buy an osmo action 2 or anything else when your camera cant do what my gopro hero 3 could do?
2021-3-15
Use props
msl
New

Poland

Same here. This little switch that turns Wi-Fi and BT off would be great. I can't use my bike GPS computer because of the interference with Osmo Action. A few trees by the road and my GPS totally loses fix. With Osmo powered down it never loses GPS signal, even in deep forest.
2021-7-6
Use props
Cdelle
lvl.1

Canada

msl Posted at 7-6 02:24
Same here. This little switch that turns Wi-Fi and BT off would be great. I can't use my bike GPS computer because of the interference with Osmo Action. A few trees by the road and my GPS totally loses fix. With Osmo powered down it never loses GPS signal, even in deep forest.

OMG. I cannot believe this has not been addressed after a couple years. This is a safety issue. For anyone trying to use this with gps devices the wifi from this camera kills the gps signal.

Therefore you have to either film or have gps.

This is bloody fing ridiculous!
2021-7-23
Use props
Schmoof
lvl.1
United States

"Hi <insert-username>, we do appreciate your interest in our products. As of the moment, we don't have an option to turn off either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth on your Osmo Action when not in the operation mode. Rest assured that this concern will be forwarded to our related team for future development. After the evaluation of our engineers, significant suggestions or requests may be implemented via firmware , app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the "Release Notes" specific for your product. We appreciate your understanding and support. Thank you."

same generic copy/paste nonsense response to everyone... utter nonsense that goes NOWHERE
2021-7-25
Use props
djiuser_fbYK9fuc03dx
New

Canada

Please add this option.
2021-10-2
Use props
Cdelle
lvl.1

Canada

Fing idiots dji is. Wont buy anymore of their products!
2021-10-11
Use props
GeorgB
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Add the option, please
2022-5-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now