679 3 2019-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Only if it doesn't say kill our range Significantly otherwise people will just use Airplane mode.  I keep hearing aircraft around and they fly pretty low.  It would be nice to have an Air sense option but not something stupid like we are going to control your drone for you because an airplane is coming like NFZ.  That can induce a crash.

Also, the NFZ warning is in another language.  I was approaching an NFZ by accident because I got carried away.  It seemed like the voice was in Russian.  I thought it was cool but the fact it's in a different language can confuse other people.
2019-6-11
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is being implemented, it seems your machine was obsolete before you bought it:-

https://www.dji.com/uk/newsroom/ ... new-consumer-drones

"Also, the NFZ warning is in another language.  I was approaching an NFZ by accident because I got carried away.  It seemed like the voice was in Russian.  I thought it was cool but the fact it's in a different language can confuse other people."

With you being in the USA I would think any NFZ warning would have been in English. Because it was in Russian (you think) it might confuse other people, but not you ? That's a bit ambiguous :-)

Or perhaps it's an omen  ;-)
2019-6-12
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It would be cool if you know how to screen record on the Note 9 but I assume Apple has patented some way of doing it and implemented a hardware component to accommodate.  With the Samsung, if I do it, it could be an emulation workaround of that.  Basically overloading the phone, crashing the software, and probably end up with me losing the drone.  Kind of like the Samsung 7-gen phones was with their bad batteries.  They try to do it themselves when they couldn't, ended up with people and things getting burned up.
2019-6-12
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 6-12 00:03
It is being implemented, it seems your machine was obsolete before you bought it:-

https://www.dji.com/uk/newsroom/news/dji-adds-airplane-and-helicopter-detectors-to-new-consumer-drones

https://www.dji.com/uk/newsroom/ ... new-consumer-drones

DJI’s AirSense commitment is the first of 10 points in “Elevating Safety,” its new plan for how DJI, other drone manufacturers, and government officials around the world can maintain drones’ admirable safety record. The 10 points are:

DJI will install ADS-B receivers in all new drones above 250 grams
DJI will develop a new automatic warning for drone pilots flying at extended distances
DJI will establish an internal Safety Standards Group to meet regulatory and customer expectations
Aviation industry groups must develop standards for reporting drone incidents
All drone manufacturers should install geofencing and remote identification
Governments must require remote identification
Governments must require a user-friendly knowledge test for new drone pilots
Governments must clearly designate sensitive restriction areas
Local authorities must be allowed to respond to drone threats that are clear and serious
Governments must increase enforcement of laws against unsafe drone operation

If they don't up the processing capabilities significantly to make up for the regulation, it would be As bad as adding emission regulating equipment into "race" vehicles.  Usually emission regulating equipment does nothing for performance for the positive and only the negative.  Basically, all new DJI drones could be worse in comparison therefore what we have will be rare and better unless of course it's far better than what we have now at the same price point.
2019-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules