Considering buying this damaged Phantom 4. How bad is it?
934 2 2019-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fluffmygarfield
New

United States

Hi all, first post here. This Phantom 4 is for sale locally for $300 obo. The owner says he lost signal around a building. The drone hit the building while trying to return home, then it fell to the ground. The body is damaged and bent. The battery pack was damaged and leaking so it was discarded. The owner has not tried to start the drone since the accident and I have no way to do so before buying it.

To me (a total newbie) the repairs look as simple as replacing the body. I'm comfortable soldering and working on electronics in general so that doesn't sound too bad to me, and I read through a body replacement guide and felt comfortable with the process. Are there any other issues I shouid be concerned about given the visible damage? Anything important in that area?

phantom1.jpg
phantom2.jpg
2019-6-11
Use props
fluffmygarfield
New

United States

Another thought, from reading about these I thought they weren't supposed to crash like that when they lose signal? Sorry for all the beginner questions.
2019-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi fluffmygarfield, we cannot tell if there are other parts need to be repaired or replaced remotely, if you would like to keep using it, you may send to our official repair center for the diagnosis.
Why the drone was crashed will need to be analyzed by our professional data analysis team, if the drone is still under warranty, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis. Thank you.
2019-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules