Naza m v2 wont hover or stabilize
3509 8 2019-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thomas Andersen7
lvl.1

United States

I have built my custom drone with the naza v2 flight controller. I've done all the calibrations and have had it take off but wont fly above 2 feet and then come back down to the ground and then back up a foot or two then crash. I've tried many different combinations of the gains and haven't seen much affect on the issue.
Drone parts:
Morors: Quanum 4108 kv370
ESC: Readytosky 30A 2-6s lipo
frsky x4 reciever using sbus
naza v2 flight contoler with gps unit and pmu.
frame: Tarrot 680 pro
batttery: zippy 8000mha 4s 30c lipo

Please let me know what you think needs to be done to calibrate the drone to take off. during one of my calibrations i've had the drone fly up to 12 feet but it was so unstable I had to bring it back down. I only was able to achieve that height once.

This is the link to the video of the issue i''m having on youtube    https://youtu.be/ZOGWPD5m8zg

2019-6-11
Use props
Thomas Andersen7
lvl.1

United States

if that link doesn't work for some reason this is the longer link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOGWPD5m8zg&feature=youtu.be
2019-6-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thomas Andersen7 Posted at 6-11 13:46
if that link doesn't work for some reason this is the longer link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOGWPD5m8zg&feature=youtu.be

I think there isn't enough KV going on.  

I have 4x of these on a 4s-4000mah and a 3s-8000mah. https://www.buddyrc.com/sunnysky ... rushless-motor.html  I'm not sure what prop size but I think 1238 carbon.  Works perfectly fine but the Jello of course sucks.

Most likely your all-up weight is too high for the drone to handle.  Making your own drone was the way before any of the DJIs were even reliable or DJI even existed.  It's like doing laser eye surgery and cancer treatment before things became matured.

You never want to be at 100% throttle when it looks like that.  You should have a lot of power to spare for certain situations.  If you have no idea what you are doing you need to start off with a Spark or at least a Mavic in beginner mode.
2019-6-11
Use props
Thomas Andersen7
lvl.1

United States

AntDX316 Posted at 6-11 16:02
I think there isn't enough KV going on.  

I have 4x of these on a 4s-4000mah and a 3s-8000mah. https://www.buddyrc.com/sunnysky ... rushless-motor.html  I'm not sure what prop size but I think 1238 carbon.  Works perfectly fine but the Jello of course sucks.

If you read in my original post the drone had no problem fly up to 12 feet at one time with this setup but wasn't stable. when I calibarated the ESC and indicidualy ran them they had alot more speed then when they are conected to the flight controller. it's almost as if the flight controller is restricting how much power the motors get.
2019-6-11
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thomas Andersen7 Posted at 6-11 21:47
If you read in my original post the drone had no problem fly up to 12 feet at one time with this setup but wasn't stable. when I calibarated the ESC and indicidualy ran them they had alot more speed then when they are conected to the flight controller. it's almost as if the flight controller is restricting how much power the motors get.

Experiment with GAIN settings. Adjust them in 10% steps.
2019-6-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thomas Andersen7 Posted at 6-11 21:47
If you read in my original post the drone had no problem fly up to 12 feet at one time with this setup but wasn't stable. when I calibarated the ESC and indicidualy ran them they had alot more speed then when they are conected to the flight controller. it's almost as if the flight controller is restricting how much power the motors get.

12 feet is nothing though.  It's not stable because it's overloaded.  You need lift performance that can make it do 2000 feet w/o much effort, not 12 feet at 100%.  Like I said you have no idea what you are doing you need to just get a DJI Mavic.

You need longer arms to house a bigger prop with lower kV.  For shorter arms, you need more kV.
2019-6-12
Use props
Thomas Andersen7
lvl.1

United States

AntDX316 Posted at 6-12 01:33
12 feet is nothing though.  It's not stable because it's overloaded.  You need lift performance that can make it do 2000 feet w/o much effort, not 12 feet at 100%.  Like I said you have no idea what you are doing you need to just get a DJI Mavic.

You need longer arms to house a bigger prop with lower kV.  For shorter arms, you need more kV.

@AntDX316 you obviously are just very negative about anything. I've owned a mavic for years now and wanted to get into building my own drone. i might not know everything but no one does that is the point of this hobby to have fun learning and for me building my own drone which is what many people do. I appreciate your advice and will try changing out the motors, but please stop with the nagging about I should just give up and get a pre-built drone.

and just for FYI they are 1450 carbon fiber propellers and with these motors I've run the tests and there should be plenty of power with these motors to lift this aircraft.
2019-6-12
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thomas Andersen7 Posted at 6-12 05:22
@AntDX316 you obviously are just very negative about anything. I've owned a mavic for years now and wanted to get into building my own drone. i might not know everything but no one does that is the point of this hobby to have fun learning and for me building my own drone which is what many people do. I appreciate your advice and will try changing out the motors, but please stop with the nagging about I should just give up and get a pre-built drone.

and just for FYI they are 1450 carbon fiber propellers and with these motors I've run the tests and there should be plenty of power with these motors to lift this aircraft.

yeah, just change the motors to at least double the kV and post a response about how it flies

I came from building my own drone because it's all we had.  Everything else on ebay was a kit build.  The ultimate goal was to do video like we have now but at the time it was possible but took insane amounts of work to try to achieve it.  Ended up making some racer quads that were smooth enough to be good but it got boring to fly.  Doing flips and rolls with the gopro is interesting but it does get old.  Some people have remained in the hobby and it has advanced a lot since 2015.  If you really want to make your own drone, don't make a big one that is like the DJIs.  Make a racer quad that can do 100+ mph and get FPV fatshark goggles.

I mean, if you are going to do it yourself don't make it like something you can buy, make it something that you Cannot buy but when things happen you are pretty much on your own and experience things first hand that no one really has experienced before.
2019-6-12
Use props
Thomas Andersen7
lvl.1

United States

I could get higher KV motors but  better yet I think my 4s battery wasn't enough voltage to my motors currently. so I ordered a 6s battery that i'll hook up to it tomorrow when it gets here and see if that works. It should spin these motors more per minute with the higher voltage and give me the thrust lift that I needed.
2019-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules