1679 26 2019-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
* Mavic Air *
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183169 ft
United States

I'm getting fed up with this process.
I purchased a Mavic Air nearly a year ago, and immediately out of the box it showed signs of serious issues, resulting in loss of connection, video feed, altitude hold and drone often going rogue. DJI did not want to take responsibility and suggested I return to retailer, and try another.The next drone seemed initially to show signs of better behavior, with occasional glitches. Yet during the few flights, unfortunately spaced some time apart, they progressively worsened. Lateral drifts when controller not touched, inappropriate flight movements, attempted landing far from the set landing zone, etc.
I have sent the drone(s) in many times for remedy, but DJI has failed to appropriately repair or provide comprehensive reports on the fix.
Many false promises were made, and after several attempts putting trust into DJI repair facillity, the aircraft's situation has worsened to a degree of critical nature.
All updates have been made, beyond regular intervuls, and calibrations are performed regularly.
The system/App regularly informs me of max distance or altitude being reached at 30-18 feet from launch with clear skies.
The video feed is lost at roughly 1/4 mile or more and shorter distances still produce choppy feed. Many occasions the drone tried to fly off by itself. The intelligent flight does not register distance (Sensors are turned on), gives me regular warnings such as video failure, or restricted zone where there is none.
Working with Tech support has been a massive headache, where agents do not know basic workings of the devices, do not reveal information and only know how to inform the pilot to return the unit in for repair. I still have not been able to retrieve pices of the drone that were removed at the facillity and never returned.
The supposed management team seems to suggest that the issues are likely caused by the shipping carriers that deliver the equipment.
When received the drones typically take several hours or days to finally accept the firware and software configuation updates, instead continually throwing errors of failure.
I do not trust the Mavic AIR, nor DJI at this time to provide a sound product.
I am uncertain why this has become so much of a hassle and consumption of my time, only to be passed off, neglected or lied to.
DJI said that my latest repair could not be performed with the unit in my possession, as promised, and instead call for another return, to which now was said to "Ship your unit to the following address by yourself. You have to cover all costs generated during shipping." when I have not even had the device for a year, nor gotten an aircraft that functions as marketed.
There is far more documented in my emails and by phone that is not listed above.
This needs to be resolved ASAP, as I am losing patience.
2019-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product, I managed to get the case number via your Forum account, upon checking the case, the flight records are not enough to determine the issues and the drone will need to be sent back to our repair facility for further analysis.
As for the shipping cost, we will escalate your concern to the appropriate department for further verification, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-6-11
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

You must confidently admit the devices you have interfaced are in fact glitch free :
1) your cellphone
2) it's OS & fw
3) it's  memory capacity & integrity state
4) your asst2 windows machine is known glitch free both soft & hard wares
5) your installed asst2 is known glitch free
6) your inter connecting cabling with terminations are known glitch free
7) your practice of flight procedures are in accordance with documentation manuals albeit collegiate level to brain retain & practice
8) your flight experience is adequately developed to know the limitations of the involved equipment & appurtenances
9) your familiarity of the flight area as it pertains to physical obstructs & irradiated interferes
10) your care & stow of delicate electronic devices esp intelligent flight batteries
11) your awareness of potentially damaging magnetism, humidity, airborne pollutes e.g. oceanic salt spray, foreign contamination entry
12) aircraft has not incurred knocks, incidents of impact
13) at least two
2019-6-11
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

13) at least two other different flight zones have recreated exactly the same frustrations you've declared
14) devices have been operated within fifty feet for full fifteen minutes to confidently evidence & attest the close radius behavior control commands: up, dwn, left, right, fwd, rev : are glitch free esp rocksteady hover no motions
2019-6-11
Use props
* Mavic Air *
lvl.1
United States

Thank you,
This has been very disappointing. I don't feel comfortable flying the drone when I cannot see the feed or it loses connection. Furthermore, if the connection is lost of view severely delayed at distances little as 30 feet at times, the risk becomes exponentially greater further out. However, still at a fraction of the marketed performance range.
Attempted use on Galaxy Samsung s9+, less than a year old 3/4 memory capacity available.
Also
Samsung Galaxy Tablet s2. Each properly updated.
The Drone had never been bumped nor damaged upon return.
Picture attachment included for altitude distance limitation.
Drone IS and Was set for 395 Feet.
2019-6-11
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

The image does show a few interesting items
     The drone is in Opti Mode, so may limit distance and max altitude to what the sensors can detect.
     I see that you only have 5 GPS satellites locked, which will force you into opti or some other low level mode.

You really need 11+ satellites GPS locked before the drone will fly properly.
2019-6-12
Use props
MaikR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322087 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Did you do your pre-checks before flight? One of the important things before take off is to have enough sattelites locked with the drone. In the picture above you sure haven't enough sattelites.Please try to put your tablet/pgone in airplane mode. Every WiFi, GPS, 4G signal can and will disturb signal on your drone.
2019-6-12
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Make sure you have 11 sats before take off and are in GPS mode
2019-6-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hiya,

In OPTI mode height is restricted, see the manual.

As the GPS chip uses GPS and GLONASS at the same time sats no need for 11+ sats to fly safely.
That`s why with 6 or more you see GPS in the app BUT !!!  more is better because if you loose one or more satellites than your Drone can switch back to OPTI or ATTI.

So to be sure, wait for 9, 10, 11 or more.....

All your other problems you describe i cannot understand, my MA works great always!Did you tried another device, not a Samsung. Read more issues about using Samsung devices.

cheers
JJB
OPTImode.png
2019-6-12
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

I think satellites should be 21 because the 1st drone always revealed 21.

Replaced drone & rc now see only 12 now

It may be by barred from accessing certain satellites?

Maybe honolulu bars international satellites?
2019-6-12
Use props
* Mavic Air *
lvl.1
United States

Before each flight my drone is pretty much grounded for firmware and calibration. By the time updates are loaded, the battery supply has typically dwindled down to 15 minute or so flight total.
The picture that I displayed above was after an update, calibration of the IMU and Compass, along with overcoming flight restriction errors (Such as non existent Airport warning) by power down and reboot, along with a few attempted launches.
My secondary drone purchase (First was deemed defective by DJI, as stated above) initially acquired more satellites regularly, and had considerably more distance capability. However, there were still flaws in it's flight controls. For example, I had attempted to take a timed still photo, but had to keep manning the controls because the drone occasionally drifted laterally and/or lost altitude. Several times it also seemingly tried entering intelligent mode override outside of my command.
How long should it typically take to pair with additional satellites? I would think after 3 battery drains, during clear weather conditions, the unit should have been prepared for fully functional flight.
Does the device being used for control pairing have barring on the satellite numbers?
I have attempted Airplane Mode, manually changing frequencies, different locations. Same results.
At a wedding, I even brought my drone out to compare with a videographer who also had a MA using similar tablet as my own. His drone did not show any of the negative signs mine was getting.
My video feed was choppy, kept getting warnings he was not (Including failure to record video), his still photos were not delayed as mine are, and his flight did not seem to be stuck at my limited range.
I attempted to fly next to a Mavic 2 Pro at Lake Tahoe, who also seemed problem free. I allowed him to play with mine to compare, and he nearly flew into a boulder due to the feed lag.
I appreciate the user input. I have been getting very little feedback, experience or otherwise from DJI technical support, and engineers.
2019-6-12
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

what we dont know of truth is microprocessor degradation & ensuing fatality.
this can be said of any device and extends further into supporting circuitry comprised of discrete smd components. the mavic air mainboard is mass produced however trouble can be from sourced components such as intel, qualcom, etc.
we don't know whether forsenic research is being promoted to clear production defects that are in fact warranted, in lieu of "appeased" for clients benefit. the purpose of this comment is based on similarity to other posts. it verywell be the motherboard quality was excellent at debut, and following, production problems developed, then recognized from user feedback, hence the recall if authentic.
2019-6-12
Use props
* Mavic Air *
lvl.1
United States

Hello,
The drone was sent back to DJI last week, after I finally got some time to submit a couple photos.
I did not fly the drone, but merely powered the drone up and let sit to collect satellites. the first battery, almost halfway through obtained 7 listed satellites, and the second eventually collected 9 at 2/3 drain and about half drain was able to obtain 11. The odd thing about the first power up is that the drone never opened up the application, asked about the connection type, asked if I wanted to fly etc. it just immediately jumped me straight into the camera view and flight ready. In test the propellers were able to engage as well, yet I did not attempt take-off. When I switched batteries and repowered the unit, the application took me through the standard interaction, which did require a flight restriction check, and calibration before the drone was flight ready.
I am bothered by the erratic behavior of these drones. For a company that is reportedly a leader in the industry, I am surprised at all the issues encountered related to the most basic of flight functioning. Asking retailers such as Best Buy/Fry's and looking on forums, it seems I am not the only one.
I am up for refresh renewal tomorrow as well... and was just wondering to myself, what exactly have I even paid for with the experience I've had so far the product and service. Over the last year, DJI has flown my drones more than I have with all the time they have spent in the care of DJI repairs, or the drone has been grounded out of flight stability concerns.
I have not heard anything back yet, but I hope the bugs to be sought out and issues remedied.
Thus far though, this purchase has been a costly and time consuming mistake.
Any joys have not offset the headaches DJI has given me and I cannot recommend this product (At least the Mavic AIR) to any other potential buyers.
2019-7-8
Use props
* Mavic Air *
lvl.1
United States

Finally received the drone.
Took over a week for the acknowledgement of receipt in the care facility, but seemingly only two days to perform the analysis necessary to send the drone immediately back to me.
It is very apparent that if the entire drone is not mine, at least some of the components are. The top shell has a rub mark that came from the repair facility the prior return, there are scuff marks on the body, they decided not to dress it up as new by placing stickers back on the components and they did not even bother to place the remote antennae back into locked storage position. Very sloppy, but then I have never had much of a professional experience with DJI.
I have not had an opportunity to fly the drone yet, but I am not holding out much hope for its stability.
I visited two DJI authorized retailers, including Best Buy, and inquired about the DJI series. Both cases I got the same feedback without prompt. I was directed towards the Pro or Pro 2 models ONLY, even though there is an AIR in the display cases. I asked about the AIR and if I could get some specs and information about that model. Both gave the same replies that came in the form more of a warning, a Warning that the Mavic AIRs are a poor choice of drone and have been getting far too much negative feedback and reported crashes to recommend. The issues the techs revealed were of rogue flight, poor satellite acquisition, not landing back at the appointed landing position, extremely poor range, erratic flight behavior, poor sensor function including faulty distance readings, loss of visual feedback during flight etc.
They informed me that the majority of customers they assisted either sold their AIRs, permanently grounded, only used in rare cases where there was slim possibility of drone error to damage (Such as large soft fall areas lacking obstructions) or tossing it in the trash for an upgrade. It seems in their cases as well, DJI had done very little to adequately support the issues being experienced.
I can't say I made an uneducated poor decision on choosing the AIR based on the Marketed and Published Specifications, especially at the time, since it seems the reported capabilities have since been reduced (Which the retailers also took note of). But I would say that DJI has done a poor job in supporting their customers and finding remedy to the glitches, and offered their customers misrepresentation of device capabilities and solid help support assistance.
Heck, after months of requesting, I can't even get DJI to actually send me the C Cable Mobile Clip for the remote, they removed, and never returned. I even left notes in the repair return box as a reminder.
I'm almost convinced DJI saves money by recruiting employment straight from fast food chains for their support team. Everything is just "I cannot answer. We will need you to send it in to our repair facility."
I have escalated the cases, I have been made verbal and written promises, but DJI fails to uphold and rotates case representation to bypass accountability.
2019-7-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hiya,

I have my MA for one year now, it flys great without a single error. Nothing you described is true for the MA !  Its just a great drone.

Hope you get a good working MA to fly many safe missions and many happy landings.

cheers
JJB
2019-7-18
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 7-18 11:26
Hiya,

I have my MA for one year now, it flys great without a single error. Nothing you described is true fro the MA !  Its just a great drone.

Same with me.  Have had zero problems with mine. (except for the antennas getting wobbly) Installed a 4 Hawks. Took care of that !    : )
2019-7-18
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I’m quite intrigued, what did DJI actually say? What was actually wrong with the craft?
2019-7-18
Use props
* Mavic Air *
lvl.1
United States

Toedles Posted at 7-18 20:40
I’m quite intrigued, what did DJI actually say? What was actually wrong with the craft?

DJI will provide absolutely zero information as to any attempted solution or repairs.
I still have not received the C-Cable Clip I've been requesting every email since April, and once again their last email stated I "would receive it again" yet weeks later nothing.
The drone upon being received was scuffed up. The back (Top) shield panel also clicks now when battery is being inserted. I also immediately noticed this drone also had 3 different serial numbers attached to it when unboxed. Very poor job at even attempting to cover up a refurbish.
I finally had an opportunity to fly the drone today and this evening. 390 feet in elevation it began to get choppy video feed. 150 feet in elevation and 340 feet in distance out from the controller in an open green belt field with no obstructions and the drone began glitching so severely, I brought it back in. Obviously this is the limitation of the drone... or my drone that DJI has failed to repair... over... and over... and over again.
Upon start up, I expected calibration request being several miles from the last region I attempted test flight. DJI suggested I recalibrate the IMU and Compass and Firmware (Something the drone typically forces me to do upon each flight anyways). Once again, the drone completely bypassed any calibration, and actually did not even offer the pairing screen.
I turned on the controller, opened the DJI application, turned on the drone and the hardwired phone to the controller immediately popped up in flight screen with a ready to launch message. Yet testing the drone again in this expedited condition to launch, the propellers moved, it was able to lift off the ground, but wobbled wildly.
Why is this happening?
Can someone else shed some light on this particular case drone(s) failures?
Obviously, in so many test conditions, and allowing other DJI pilots to unsuccessfully fly the drone without issue, there is a malfunction in the drone or software.
I'm getting fed up and extremely angered at this situation.
I'm glad your drones work well, but this one does not and DJI doesn't seem to care.
What might you suggest?
2019-8-3
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

* Mavic Air * Posted at 8-3 20:14
DJI will provide absolutely zero information as to any attempted solution or repairs.
I still have not received the C-Cable Clip I've been requesting every email since April, and once again their last email stated I "would receive it again" yet weeks later nothing.
The drone upon being received was scuffed up. The back (Top) shield panel also clicks now when battery is being inserted. I also immediately noticed this drone also had 3 different serial numbers attached to it when unboxed. Very poor job at even attempting to cover up a refurbish.

No mate, I wouldn’t say my drones work well. I just can’t be bothered with sending drones back and getting this sort of treatment from this company. My Mavir Air on take-off yaws by itself. Flying forward in a straight line it again yaws to the right by itself. I’m going to sell this drone soon as I just don’t trust it anymore. My Mavic 2 Pro seems to  develope Tourette’s syndrome every time it is taken out of sport mode. I just don’t know mate.

I’m not saying they are bad products  as many others have had zero dramas. However, I have slowly started replacing some of these these products with better products aka Parrot Anafi and the Evo. Good quality stuff. Now, some people have dramas with these too but so far, touch wood, I haven’t.

Sadly, I don’t know what else to tell you mate.
2019-8-3
Use props
* Mavic Air *
lvl.1
United States

Toedles Posted at 8-3 23:53
No mate, I wouldn’t say my drones work well. I just can’t be bothered with sending drones back and getting this sort of treatment from this company. My Mavir Air on take-off yaws by itself. Flying forward in a straight line it again yaws to the right by itself. I’m going to sell this drone soon as I just don’t trust it anymore. My Mavic 2 Pro seems to  develope Tourette’s syndrome every time it is taken out of sport mode. I just don’t know mate.

I’m not saying they are bad products  as many others have had zero dramas. However, I have slowly started replacing some of these these products with better products aka Parrot Anafi and the Evo. Good quality stuff. Now, some people have dramas with these too but so far, touch wood, I haven’t.

Thank you,
I still have not gotten anything worthwhile from DJI. Every time I go through the basic of basic of troubleshooting steps and work our way forwards with did you turn the power button on *Check*, did you plug your selected display device into the remote *Check* and finally make it to where the problems are, they tend to switch tech support agents on me, and we start from square one.
This is just an evasion game, till you tire out and give up. Though for all the time invested in explaining this to DJI over and over, I think I will just explain it to a legal group, BBB and News reporters just once, and see if the group can bring action to this. I'm not as worried about this for myself, as I am the rest of public offering good money for junk product.
I can't even see when flying, and I've sent them videos of the feed going out, yet they keep asking for more of them. My guess is they want a crash, so I use up my refurbish replacements.
Sent DJI another email, referring to prior emails, that already offered explanation to questions being asked.
Disgusted.
2019-8-16
Use props
* Mavic Air *
lvl.1

Still being delayed by DJI at every turn.
Every time I get saddled with a new case tech I have to start over from scratch.
I don't understand how difficult it is to look back through the correspondence history and use the files already supplied.
It's bad enough telling the issues repeatedly in detail and listed out one by one. As stated to DJI, NOTHING has ever been resolved since I bought my fist Mavic Air back in June 2018.
That first drone was horrible out of the box. A call to DJI informed me the drone was defective and send back to merchant. Second drone purchased in July 2018 was unfortunately exceeded the return policy before I was able to use and return from my trip. It was somewhat better than the first but still flawed. A call to DJI informed me to send back to the merchant, but it was too late, to which I began the repair process returns. Those purchases were Over a year ago. The same issues are still present, and each repair send off leaves me with no remedy. I have also paid into the refresh program twice to maintain a repair program that has been ineffective.
According to my experience, DJI has made false claims in their Mavic Air capabilities, until someone else can show me otherwise. My max range is between 100 feet or if I'm feeling more daring, no greater than 1/4 mile before the feed continually drops or it is so glitchy and delayed I don't feel comfortable going any further. May times I've had the screen freeze, go gray or say drone is no longer connected, at a distance of 50-200 feet up or out.
I suspect DJI is hoping for a crash, only to accuse of pilot error.
Visiting tech retailers without letting the techs know I already own a Mavic Air, the employees that know the drones have warded me off from buying an Air 100% of the time.
Suggesting instead to spend the extra funds on a drone that is not faulty and meets the published specs, which reportedly seems to be the Mavic 2 Pro or Phantom series.
I informed DJI I have grounded the drone until proper investigation has been made and repair/testing details have been made available to me.
That is when the emails came to a halt.
I have been offered no feedback since that time.
2019-9-9
Use props
djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l
lvl.2

* Mavic Air * Posted at 9-9 16:08
Every time I get saddled with a new case tech I have to start over from scratch.
I don't understand how difficult it is to look back through the correspondence history and use the files already supplied.

I have seen a lot of different solutions to problems like yours. Some people got better results with their mobile device in airplane mode, others find success by replacing the cable between the remote and phone, and some find that they need to remove things like Apple watches while flying.

Also, by any chance are you flying with any non-DJI accessories like carbon fiber props?
2019-9-9
Use props
cutis
Second Officer

Do not dismay & pout. Entity is comprised of many sectors, no different than our congress. Game is money of course. I recall my mavicair picked up honolulu by truck ups june10th today is 10thSept, so 90days and extending without bounds. i am so sorry i have departed from enthuse, owing to paramount disconnections ubiquitous any where honolulu congest. Long story short, cant use it in congest. Product still immature insofar dedicated with contingency protect, from congest caused disconnections.
2019-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Have you tried flying somewhere rural where there are no properties,power cables etc that could be causing interference to rule that out.
2019-9-10
Use props
* Mavic Air *
lvl.1
United States

Yes, I actually attempted flight in many remote areas, such as Tahoe, Idaho, Colorado, Utah etc. Residential to desert flat lands with 13+ satellites acquired. Doesn't seem to make any difference.
When I had the time available over the last couple weeks I attempted to fly out in open rural areas.
Each time there was failure. The drone will Not even hover in place. It will steadily lose altitude al the way to the ground. I have hardly taken flight since the last repair return
Each has been very gentle, very controlled. More just lift off and watching behavior through various simple commands.
Currently the reverse stick will take the drone in reverse but also drop altitude. Forward will take the drone forward and slightly upward. lateral will go directly left or right, as with yaw.
But ultimately, if drone is about 30 feet up, it will reach ground by less than 5 min.
I also held the drone in one hand, with the controller(and attached Samsung galaxy s9+) in the other. Even from that short distance there is a severe tracking issue on real time view feed.
It either hesitates or sends very choppy projection of real time footage back. It only worsens as the drone gets further from the controller unit.
60% of the time the drone has been unsafe for flight, unless in a hugely open airspace where I can physically see the aircraft by ground vision. But I cannot trust the feed being relayed to my phone.
I've tried channels and airplane mode, with no alleviation. I cannot fly further than 500 feet without risk of losing signal of several minutes of hesitation in feed.
DJI has promised several times to provide testing data, as requested, along with any replacements or quality solutions applied. Yet I have never received any feedback.
The "Repairs" usually only take roughly a day, which has always been concerning for something of this expense. Not to mention the same issues experienced since the first unboxing about 1 1/2 years ago. Has the same problems paired with Phone or tablet as well.
This has been a terrible experience, very poor investment, and DJI does not seem concerned or willing to remedy.
I feel they are drawing out the first and second terms of my paid warranty in hopes of telling me I'm SOL here in July when my support expires.
I've been offered yet another return/repair, yet I have no faith DJI will solve the problems.
Even the application resets every time I enter the aircraft, and I have to reselect my settings including Drone model.
I also have lost audio and cannot get it set back to recording.
I had high hopes for this aircraft, but it has become far more trouble than it is worth.
Customer service is a joke as well. I deal with a new person after every other correspondence, and I don't believe I'm even speaking to actual "managers" when the techs are at a loss and escalate the case.
Looks like I'm not the only one with issues either, but does anyone have solutions?
2020-2-13
Use props
* Mavic Air *
lvl.1
United States

The aircraft is once again with DJI repair facility.
I contacted a couple of groups to meet video record and document my last flight issues before sending the drone in.
Very clearly evident of the drone's uncontrolled decent and lateral drifts. I had even placed the drone at roughly 30 feet in altitude and we watched it slowly lower itself, swaying, to the ground and several feet from the initial hover point. Using one hand to show no other action was made, I pressed back on the joystick and the drone moved backwards and down. During forward command, the drone would move forward and rise in altitude. I had checked the props and replaced to ensure proper installation. There was nothing incorrect with the application.
This is also the returned drone that was sent back with 3 different serial numbers among the packaged items, along with recycled components.
I had provided my proof of purchase to DJI in the past for returns.
I paid for the warranty twice, going now on the second year term of warranty.
I have gone through all of this many times previous including resubmitting documentation and complaints since the very first item unboxing.
I even included a complaint and fault track sheet inclosed within the return box, with 2 pages of the most common and prevalent malfunctions.
Yet, now DJI once again is requesting proof of purchase to complete the repair and supposedly provide analysis.
I see a lack of service and incompetence, and feel again that DJI is attempting to stall and drain my time.
I have been collecting articles and postings about shady business practices, and see this as just another attempt to take customer funds for misrepresented product, and attempt to release themselves from liability.
If you have a working DJI Mavic Air, I am very jealous. But I have seen too many complaints for the units to be sound, and every retailer I have questioned, has warned against this model.
At this point, I would like to have the option in stepping into another drone model, but DJI has denied that request.
Question is, why is DJI not equipped fix the problems with their own product?
2020-2-26
Use props
* Mavic Air *
lvl.1
United States

I sent the drone in for repair, providing DJI with photos of the battery issue, the drifting and spinning of the unit while not even touching the controller, the massive real time video feed lag from close proximity between remote and aircraft, proof of purchase and several other identical forum complaints.
Immediately upon receiving the drone back, all problems were still present. Including the issued batter NOT able to clip into the aircraft battery housing.
The red non clasped battery indicator very present and aircraft will not fly with that battery due to inability to seat.

Message sent to DJI:
An update since the last messages sent to DJI. I had taken the drone to effectively test once again away from any cities or areas of significant electrical interference. Even in the remote locations the drone failed to reach any acceptable distance without significant real time video transmission feed loss, nor would the drone hold position. On several occasions, the drone drifted or spun in place without any controller manipulation whatsoever. During flight, the additional movements outside of my control made it difficult to control the unit effectively.
During final location takeoff for the day, I once again went through aircraft setup as I always do. IMU and Compass calibration, ensure firmware is up to date, and location is valid for safe and non restricted flight. Initially, the remote, once again, continued to beep but for no apparent reasoning. The battery was exchanged for a fully charged component, the remote was at 4 battery bars and the samsung galaxy s9 plus, connected, was at near full charge. I reset the controller and aircraft several times, noticing that the system had also been attempting to bypass the connection phase, in pairing between remote and aircraft. As soon as the application was rebooted, the view would jump straight into the drone camera view, making me manually back out for calibrations.
Once I finally got the controller to quit beeping and the drone paired and calibrated to my satisfaction, I placed the unit on concrete roughly 6 feet away from myself, my wife and her car. I initiated liftoff and let the drone hover in place while I set the controller down and  my wife and I turned around to her can and began organizing the equipment.
The sound of the drone began to increase so I turned around and saw the unit drifting slowly in a backwards arc towards us. I grabbed the controller and attempted to push the forward thrust remote stick only. The drone failed to respond, so I pushed the elevation stick and the drone lifted slightly but did not look as though it would effectively clear her rear cargo hatch without contact.
By this point my wife turned around face to face at eye level with the drone backing into her at head level. Without being able to safely adjust elevation, and the inability to move the drone forward due to malfunction I instinctively raised my hand to shield her face from being struck, and attempted to stop the drone by the back plate at the pairing button. The drone somewhat bounced off of my fingers and bumped forward with a slight change in pitch to where the propeller caught my finger, and sliced two of my fingers open and broke one nail.
I am, however grateful, that the propellers stopped spinning after hacking into my fingers, because my wife instinctively caught the drone, and luckily didn't suffer the same painful infliction as myself.
What doesn't make sense, still, is the pitiful video transmission at a small fraction of the marketed specification distance.
The reasoning for the drone to continue spinning while the controller is not being manipulated. Not to mention, this was supposedly replaced and tested by DJI's repair facility. Once again, this is another supposed repair that continues to malfunction.
the drone also did NOT issue a backup proximity warning, as it was set to do. The aircraft did NOT beep, nor did it stop, as it was closing the distance to my wife's face. The size of the car alone should have offered enough surface area for the drone to register, but it did not. The drone was NOT on sport mode. Instead of potential costly damage to the new vehicle, the aircraft damaged my hand which still has not healed.

DJI's representatives still fail to offer any type of assurance they will or even can solve the aircraft's problems. DJI also ignores their own promises to provide analysis and bench testing reports to prove repairs were effective and show signs of drone even being able to achieve the DJI marketed specifications published, as my screenshots suggest, during the time of purchase back in the summer of 2018.
Reduction in posted capabilities since that time alone, suggest DJI failed to support the numbers originally published for the DJI Mavic AIR.
However, DJI can't even get the drone to adequately represent the numbers currently published for these particular units.
2020-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules