Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Unveils The RoboMaster S1, An Advanced Educational Robot
21093 184 2019-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Replies reward 4415 Points Reply to this post for a chance to win 5 Points! Each person is 2 times
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143898 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

GHT Posted at 6-14 14:31
Keen to get one if the Australian government passes them.  Concerned that the fact that they shoot pellets may be a reason they never get sold here unless that module is omitted from the kit?  Hopefully the pellet velocity is so low that it gets passed for AU sale?

Pellet is optional and you don't need to use it.  I use the laser gun instead.
2019-6-15
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

I received mine yesterday and it's a lot of fun.  It was only available in the US, except Washington DC & North Dakota, and in China and it looks like it's out of stock now.  I wonder how many they were available or if they really sold a lot.
2019-6-15
Use props
Mavic 2017
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115748 ft
Czechia

Replies reward +5 Points

Finally something on the wheels.
2019-6-15
Use props
Sako_P4P+M2P
lvl.4
Flight distance : 509816 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

How many minut of use while fully charged?
2019-6-15
Use props
VigilanteDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11800554 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

This is pretty cool.  I love that DJI is pushing several platforms into coding.  Where can we test one of these?
2019-6-15
Use props
ParideM
First Officer
Flight distance : 6103757 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Replies reward +5 Points

I thing it is a good news!
2019-6-15
Use props
Decebalus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 203806 ft
Romania

Replies reward +5 Points

Jacob Williams Posted at 6-12 10:14
How long is the range on it?

Same question ... does anybody know ?

2019-6-16
Use props
Decebalus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 203806 ft
Romania

Replies reward +5 Points

Can i use Airsoft BB`s (6 mm) instead of the original ones ?
Also, can the DJI Goggle be used ??
2019-6-16
Use props
zezrum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128054 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Decebalus Posted at 6-16 03:26
Can i use Airsoft BB`s (6 mm) instead of the original ones ?

Airsoft 6mm bbs are the proper size and weight, so yes.  But they’re a pain to clean up compared to the gel beads which just dry up and are swept or vacuumed up as normal.

I don’t see how the goggles can be used at this time. It would be awesome if it were added at some point.
2019-6-16
Use props
zezrum
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Decebalus Posted at 6-16 03:24
Same question ... does anybody know ?

From the FAQ:

Connection via Wi-Fi:
FCC, 2.4 GHz 140 m, 5.8 GHz 90 m
CE, 2.4 GHz 130 m, 5.8 GHz 70 m
SRRC, 2.4 GHz 130 m, 5.8 GHz 90 m
MIC, 2.4 GHz 130 m
Connection via Router:
FCC, 2.4 GHz 190 m, 5.8 GHz 300 m
CE, 2.4 GHz 180 m, 5.8 GHz 70 m
SRRC, 2.4 GHz 180 m, 5.8 GHz 300 m
MIC, 2.4 GHz 180 m

* Note: These results were achieved in an environment without signal interference or blockages. Blocked signals or signal interference will influence the transmission distance and effect. It is recommended to keep the S1 antenna as vertical as possible during use for optimal image transmission.
For Connection via Wi-Fi, the mobile device used for testing was a sixth-generation iPad (released in 2018). For Connection via Router, several router models were used for testing. FCC: TP-Link Archer C9; SRRC: TP-Link WDR8600; CE: TP-Link Archer C7; MIC: WSR-1160DHP3.
2019-6-16
Use props
zezrum
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Sako_P4P+M2P Posted at 6-15 11:58

From the faq:

The battery of the S1 can last for 35 minutes of continuous use. This was measured with the S1 moving at a constant speed of 2.0m/s on a flat surface. The battery life on standby is about 100 minutes.

I usually get a full hour session on mine but I am not driving 100% of the time. I am driving and then stopped and programming for several minutes, debugging etc.  So it really depends on usage.  
2019-6-16
Use props
fansa7e34cd9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2538474 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

cmon DJI get making poo loads more so we can buy it in Europe !!.....looks loads of fun !
2019-6-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Replies reward +5 Points

Sako_P4P+M2P Posted at 6-15 11:58

Hi there, the battery of the S1 can last for 35 minutes of continuous use. This was measured with the S1 moving at a constant speed of 2.0m/s on a flat surface. The battery life on standby is about 100 minutes.
2019-6-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Replies reward +5 Points

Decebalus Posted at 6-16 03:26
Can i use Airsoft BB`s (6 mm) instead of the original ones ?

Hi Decebalus, the S1 only supports two shooting methods: gel beads and infrared beams. Goggles is not supported.
2019-6-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa7e34cd9 Posted at 6-16 11:52
cmon DJI get making poo loads more so we can buy it in Europe !!.....looks loads of fun !

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused, currently, RoboMaster S1 is only available in China Mailand, Japan, Most regions of the United States online store, we will release it in other countries gradually. Please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website, thank you.
2019-6-17
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-17 00:10
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused, currently, RoboMaster S1 is only available in China Mailand, Japan, Most regions of the United States online store, we will release it in other countries gradually. Please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website, thank you.

Do you know why DC and North Dakota are excluded from US sales?
2019-6-17
Use props
PS013
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

Malibu Aerial Posted at 6-17 08:56

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/non-powder-guns-in-north-dakota/

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/non-powder-guns-in-washington-d-c/

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/g ... on-powder-toy-guns/

2019-6-17
Use props
ajusay74
New
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Good stuff.
2019-6-17
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
United States

PS013 Posted at 6-17 09:33
https://lawcenter.giffords.org/non-powder-guns-in-north-dakota/

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/non-powder-guns-in-washington-d-c/

Oh wow, thanks!
2019-6-17
Use props
iammrbt
New
Flight distance : 104446 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

@DJI Panda, I will get a DJI Tattoo if you send me one of those
2019-6-17
Use props
Kuya Kano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

I can't say thank you enough to DJI for making their tutorial videos so simple for simple minds even like mine to understand.  
2019-6-17
Use props
Kuya Kano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

Would love to have a device like this to explore certain parts of our caves that are inaccessible by my human size.  Only concern is reception, I get the impression this is only meant for non first person view, line of sight applications.  
2019-6-17
Use props
Greg Tozek
New

Canada

Replies reward +5 Points

Any info about availability is Canada?
2019-6-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Malibu Aerial Posted at 6-17 08:56

The RoboMaster S1 can launch soft gel beads. In Washington, D.C. and North Dakota there are restriction requirements for the use of similar products.

For example, the products in question can only be used for drama performances, sports competitions, or in qualified shooting environments, where prior approval of the police has been issued.

To comply with local laws and regulations, the RoboMaster S1 will not be sold in Washington, D.C. or North Dakota. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.
2019-6-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Greg Tozek Posted at 6-17 15:53
Any info about availability is Canada?

Hi Greg, at present, the RoboMaster S1 is only available for purchase in Mainland China, Japan, and the United States (except Washington, D.C. and North Dakota). We will release it in other countries gradually. Please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website, thank you.
2019-6-18
Use props
TBoyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31345 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Oh i could see my two boys now shooting the hell out of each other just to tick each other off.. lol. I had to watch this a few times as it is just weird to see it rolling sideways (SMH) but pretty slick.. Gonna have to pick up a couple of these puppies. I thought i saw one shot with some type of claw attachment, is this included with it or is it part of an accessory kit?
Regardless definitely a hight 9 on the coolness factor!
2019-6-18
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

click here to buy button does not work, still without availability?
2019-6-18
Use props
jffry7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27566 ft
Singapore

Replies reward +5 Points

Hope DJI puts a place where we can check availability to purchase S1. Wanted to get my hands on this.
2019-6-19
Use props
axevalentine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15272 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Pretty good idea DJI!  Kids gonna love it and not only them.
2019-6-19
Use props
StevenB
New

United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Is there a date for availability of additional batteries?
2019-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jffry7 Posted at 6-19 00:09
Hope DJI puts a place where we can check availability to purchase S1. Wanted to get my hands on this.

At present, the RoboMaster S1 is only available for purchase in Mainland China, Japan, and the United States (except Washington, D.C. and North Dakota).
You can visit Newsroom on the DJI official website for the latest product information. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 6-18 23:03
click here to buy button does not work, still without availability?

At present, the RoboMaster S1 is only available for purchase in Mainland China, Japan, and the United States (except Washington, D.C. and North Dakota). Currently we have no sales plan in Spain, but we will provide your feedback to our related department. You can also visit Newsroom on the DJI official website for the latest product information. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

StevenB Posted at 6-19 19:51
Is there a date for availability of additional batteries?

Hi StevenB, we do not have the ETA when the additional battery will be available, please note our online store of the future update, thank you.
2019-6-20
Use props
GEO1337
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4459 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Just put mine together today. Not a big fan of the movement control using my phone. Does anyone know where I can order that controller I keep seeing people using in youtube videos? I've searched online and in the DJI store and I can't find it anywhere.
2019-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GEO1337 Posted at 6-20 15:58
Just put mine together today. Not a big fan of the movement control using my phone. Does anyone know where I can order that controller I keep seeing people using in youtube videos? I've searched online and in the DJI store and I can't find it anywhere.

Hi there, the controller still hasn't been released, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website, thank you.
2019-6-21
Use props
accedilogin
lvl.1

India

Replies reward +5 Points

Don’t ever give up on your blogs as they are a source of happiness for the people. Keep sharing. Thank you. krogerfeedback fuel points 50 points
2019-6-22
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
United States

Just put mine together today. Not a big fan of the movement control using my phone. Does anyone know where I can order that controller I keep seeing people using in youtube videos? I've searched online and in the DJI store and I can't find it anywhere.

I read somewhere that there will be a playmore kit that will include a controller, batteries and more.  No idea when it will be available though.  Don't like the phone control either.  I wish they would make a controller similar to the mavic 2 drone controller.
2019-6-23
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
United States

By the way, where are you located?  I'm in Southern California.
2019-6-23
Use props
adra2895
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24131 ft
Costa Rica

Replies reward +5 Points

This looks great! Looking forward to get one
2019-6-24
Use props
mohanmahen
lvl.1