No camera access after update
728 13 2019-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yespeer
lvl.1

Denmark

Hi

I've updated my DJI Go 4 app on my Lenovo tab3 7 essential running Android 5.1, and afterwards I also updated the firmware on the Spark itself.
After doing so, I don't get any camera view on the tablet anymore.
I can still fly it though, but without camera it's a little hard :-)

I then installed DJI Go 4 app on my iphone 6s, and here it works fine.

Have anyone experienced the same?

Is it the DJI go 4 update that no longer supports the Lenovo tab3?
Is it a setting in the DJI go 4 app on the Lenovo tab3?
Something else?

Thanks in advance

/Jesper
2019-6-11
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Hi Yespeer.

Does your Tab3 have mobile data enabled (I know some have 3G fitted)? On many Android devices having mobile data enabled when trying to connect to a WiFi device can be problematic. I use a Samsung S7 and if mobile data is enabled I can connect to the Spark but there will be no video downlink displayed. It is the same issue with many WiFi equipped action cameras, even my WiFi OBDII scanner will not connect until I disable mobile data on the S7. Once a solid connection has been made I can re-enable mobile data for dynamic map downloads.

Regards

Nidge.
2019-6-12
Use props
Yespeer
lvl.1

Denmark

Nidge Posted at 6-12 00:07
Hi Yespeer.

Does your Tab3 have mobile data enabled (I know some have 3G fitted)? On many Android devices having mobile data enabled when trying to connect to a WiFi device can be problematic. I use a Samsung S7 and if mobile data is enabled I can connect to the Spark but there will be no video downlink displayed. It is the same issue with many WiFi equipped action cameras, even my WiFi OBDII scanner will not connect until I disable mobile data on the S7. Once a solid connection has been made I can re-enable mobile data for dynamic map downloads.

Hi Nidge
The tab only has bluetooth and wifi (wlan).

So it does'nt seem to be the issue in this case.
But thanks for the suggestion :-)

/Yespeer
2019-6-12
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Germany

Hi Jesper,

Several people on this forum reported that same problem after upgrading to the newest app.
Go back to an older app, and the picture will come back too.
Try version 4.2.22.
It makes no real sense to update the app, since the changes are AFAIK only for other drone models, but not for the Spark. So the update of the app makes no sense for us Spark pilots.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-6-12
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Go back to an older Go4 Version. 4.2.21 runs very good, as long you don't have Droid 9 or 10 on an device!Also the 4.1.15 mod 2.0 is a good choice!
2019-6-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for your query to us. I would highly recommend using a compatible mobile device for your DJI Spark. As per checking in our end, it shows that Lenovo tab3 7 essential is not listed in our compatible device for the DJI Spark. There is a  possibility that the Lenovo tab3 7 essential will work. However, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Spark we cannot guarantee the stability of the said mobile device when in use for DJI Go 4 app and DJI Spark. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a good one!

2019-6-12
Use props
Yespeer
lvl.1

Denmark

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-12 09:12
Hi, there. Thank you for your query to us. I would highly recommend using a compatible mobile device for your DJI Spark. As per checking in our end, it shows that Lenovo tab3 7 essential is not listed in our compatible device for the DJI Spark. There is a  possibility that the Lenovo tab3 7 essential will work. However, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Spark we cannot guarantee the stability of the said mobile device when in use for DJI Go 4 app and DJI Spark. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a good one!

[view_image]

Hi, is there a reason why the ipad mini 5 is'nt on your list?
2019-6-12
Use props
Yespeer
lvl.1

Denmark

S-e-ven Posted at 6-12 05:04
Go back to an older Go4 Version. 4.2.21 runs very good, as long you don't have Droid 9 or 10 on an device!Also the 4.1.15 mod 2.0 is a good choice!

Hi S-e-ven

Can you guide me in the direction of where I could get that version?

Kind regard Jesper
2019-6-12
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Yespeer Posted at 6-12 11:44
Hi S-e-ven

Can you guide me in the direction of where I could get that version?

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... o-4-4-2-21-release/

https://forum.dji.com/thread-173742-1-1.html
2019-6-12
Use props
Yespeer
lvl.1

Denmark

S-e-ven Posted at 6-12 17:58
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-2-21-release/

2019-6-12
Use props
Yespeer
lvl.1

Denmark

S-e-ven Posted at 6-12 17:58
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-2-21-release/

Thank you - I got it to work now :-)
2019-6-12
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Germany

Yespeer Posted at 6-12 22:03
Thank you - I got it to work now :-)

Hi Jasper,

Great! Thanks for the feedback! Happy flying!

Wolferl
2019-6-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Yespeer Posted at 6-12 11:43
Hi, is there a reason why the ipad mini 5 is'nt on your list?

Thank you for the additional information. We are still currently working for the latest model of a mobile device to be compatible with the DJI Spark. As of the moment, we only have the Ipad 4 as the latest model. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-6-13
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

Mine was a totally black view after updating.

I reset the camera settings and viola, all worked again.
2019-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules