Unplanned landing - Spark
957 3 2019-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Philmm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58406 ft

Australia

The Spark, controller and iPhone (6) code and software are all up to date and the controller is connected to the iPhone via a lightning to microUSB cable.  

I was flying at the beach on a cliff top and sent the drone out about 6m and started to drop it down about 2-3m (I could see the drone at this stage) and then I got the message "landing". I could not override this via the controller and RTH didn't work. Fortunately I got it on the rocks at the base of the cliff above the water level.

Can anyone advise on the cause of this or any suggestions as to what I could do in the future so I don't lose the Spark?  

BTW this was the second flight of the day and a fully charged battery was just swapped over  - no errors ever seen from any of the batteries - and the controller was fully charged before the first flight.

Appreciate any feedback.

2019-6-12
Use props
Philmm
lvl.1

Australia

Anyone else experienced this?
2019-6-14
Use props
djiuser_hFNxPo907qjZ
lvl.1

Australia

Phil was the cliff higher than 120 meters?
2019-6-20
Use props
Philmm
lvl.1

Australia

djiuser_hFNxPo907qjZ Posted at 6-20 22:02
Phil was the cliff higher than 120 meters?

Good thought but no - cliff was 30m high and my takeoff point was registered at the top of the cliff. (Current max height is currently set at 120m and this seems to register above my launch point).  I did try to fly below my takeoff point (eg -20m) in safe areas but couldn't duplicate the "forced landing".  

I have decided to set my phone to aeroplane mode each time I fly from now on and have numbered my batteries just incase.  Can you offer any suggestions?     Thanks
2019-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules