Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why even program?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Eventually, people will release their hundreds of hours of work for free that people can download.  If you bother even coming close to what they've released, you would be wasting your time.  I'm sure you can save, load, export, etc. files for sharing then build off that.
2019-6-12
Use props
Wiz33
Captain
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's a learning experience for those that wants to. If you just wants to play, you can certainly download someone else's.
2019-6-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! Thank you for continued support.
2019-6-12
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good points there - not!
2019-6-12
Use props
KerryG
First Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are not wasting time if you are learning something and you enjoy doing it
2019-6-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It seems you don’t get this product , maybe it’s not for you .
2019-6-12
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

If everyone thinks like this, there will be no inovations for you to download.... simple as that...
2019-6-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

See the sharing as a positive.  Some people may not want to get burden down with writing several specific tasks, when their goal is a complex process made up of existing specific tasks.
2019-6-12
Use props
Malibu Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 143898 ft
United States

It's not the same when you do the work yourself.  You can also download other programs and customize it for your own use.
2019-6-17
Use props
ArchAngel OIF3
lvl.1
United States

KerryG Posted at 6-12 13:46
You are not wasting time if you are learning something and you enjoy doing it

I agree, it is a great  way to spark an interest in AI and Robotics.
2019-6-24
Use props
Bacardi251
New
United States

Learning to program should be fun and rewarding. Using the RoboMaster to learn provides an avenue for both. Surely having access to premade programs can allow people to just use others coding, or provide examples of how the programs work for further learning.
2019-7-7
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bacardi251 Posted at 7-7 18:55
Learning to program should be fun and rewarding. Using the RoboMaster to learn provides an avenue for both. Surely having access to premade programs can allow people to just use others coding, or provide examples of how the programs work for further learning.

Programming is cool.  I was doing it with Lego technic and some video games.
2019-7-7
Use props
Rocky2
lvl.1
United States

It depends on your goals. For many, much of the appeal comes from the learning aspect (this was DJI's stated goal - and I think they've succeeded in making learning a lot of fun!). It's fun to run the out-of-the box programs and tweak them. But it's also a blast to build programs from the ground up - just like the bot itself. I can't wait to see what people do with it.
2019-7-11
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Rocky2 Posted at 7-11 05:37
It depends on your goals. For many, much of the appeal comes from the learning aspect (this was DJI's stated goal - and I think they've succeeded in making learning a lot of fun!). It's fun to run the out-of-the box programs and tweak them. But it's also a blast to build programs from the ground up - just like the bot itself. I can't wait to see what people do with it.

Learning the fundamentals of how to program is great.  We can create things that people didn't create.
2019-7-11
Use props
Rocky2
lvl.1
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 7-11 05:51
Learning the fundamentals of how to program is great.  We can create things that people didn't create.

Agreed! Once you've learned the basics, programming is less about coding and more about creativity. It really is an art in that way.
2019-7-11
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Rocky2 Posted at 7-11 06:02
Agreed! Once you've learned the basics, programming is less about coding and more about creativity. It really is an art in that way.

Yeah, what have you created?
2019-7-11
Use props
Rocky2
lvl.1
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 7-11 08:02
Yeah, what have you created?

So far, nothing great. Just really simple utility moves. Like a quick on switch for the trajectory light when travelling in dark places. Quick x-degree moves in gimbal free mode. Some bot and person recognition. routines that perform simple flashy performances when they spot a bot or person.

What I want is an autofire IR beam upon recognition of bot - but that's not possible yet. The fire() methods only apply to gel bead deployment. Actually...that gives me an idea... maybe a short duration trajectory light flash will register as a hit on other bots. Gonna try that.

How about you? Anything fun?

2019-7-11
Use props
Rocky2
lvl.1
United States

Rocky2 Posted at 7-11 09:29
So far, nothing great. Just really simple utility moves. Like a quick on switch for the trajectory light when travelling in dark places. Quick x-degree moves in gimbal free mode. Some bot and person recognition. routines that perform simple flashy performances when they spot a bot or person.

What I want is an autofire IR beam upon recognition of bot - but that's not possible yet. The fire() methods only apply to gel bead deployment. Actually...that gives me an idea... maybe a short duration trajectory light flash will register as a hit on other bots. Gonna try that.

It would be nice to have more spots for custom skills in battle. Right now, the bot only stores one.
2019-7-11
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Rocky2 Posted at 7-11 09:29
So far, nothing great. Just really simple utility moves. Like a quick on switch for the trajectory light when travelling in dark places. Quick x-degree moves in gimbal free mode. Some bot and person recognition. routines that perform simple flashy performances when they spot a bot or person.

What I want is an autofire IR beam upon recognition of bot - but that's not possible yet. The fire() methods only apply to gel bead deployment. Actually...that gives me an idea... maybe a short duration trajectory light flash will register as a hit on other bots. Gonna try that.

Can you film what you've done? : )

This is what I need to do too.  I need to film what I've done.  : )
2019-7-11
Use props
Rocky2
lvl.1
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 7-11 11:41
Can you film what you've done? : )

This is what I need to do too.  I need to film what I've done.  : )

Nothing film worthy yet, IMO. I know that's debatable, as there's still not that much footage of this little beast on YouTube outside of assembly videos and promotional material.
2019-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules