re-installing firmware to Spark and Mavic
1343 1 2019-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
netfolks2000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19544 ft
United States

I live in a rural area where I fly my Spark and Mavic.  I'm trying to get into remission from a sudden case of cancer and got mixed up one day flying my Spark. I somehow picked up my Mavic controller trying to fly my Spark and was trying to troubleshoot why I could not sync things up until I had that "DUH" moment and felt like a dunce.  Nevertheless, I have managed to mess up the links from phone to controller to drones with both.  When I fly either now my DJI Go 4 app loses its link to the drone .

I finally arrived at my own solution. I re-linked both drones to their controllers, un-installed the DJI Go 4 4 app. Must remember your ID and password if you do this. Then I re-linked each drone to the app and flew trouble free again. I'm attaching my notes if anyone ever needs them.

Re-linking the drone with the remote controller (RC) and the DJI Go 4 app on the phone.

If dealing with a “mess” (getting error messages) it is a good idea to un-install the app and re-install it. Remember your sign-in ID and password to log in again.
SPARK
Link RC with app.
  • Power on drone and RC.
  • Connect phone to RC WiFi
  • Press drone power button 3 sec. until you hear 1 beep. Front LEDs blink red.
  • Launch app on phone. Tap “RC Connected” in lower left. Then “Remote Controller.” Then “Remote Controller Linking.”
  • RC beeps and starts linking. Front LED on drone turns solid red. LED on RC turns from red to green. Done!
Can do this without a phone, too. On RC hold Pause, Func and the Custom Button which is below the Shutter button on right. RC starts beeping, then stops. Links. Done.

MAVIC PRO
  • Power on drone and RC.
  • Launch app on phone. Enter camera icon. Select “Linking RC.”
  • Press Link button on drone, near SD card slot.
  • App will show if done. Live camera view will appear on screen.
Can do this without a phone, too. Press C1, C2 and Record. When you hear beeping push Shutter also. Let go of all. RC will display a message “Binding.” Press the Link button on the drone. When RC says “Ready to Go” and drone rear LEDs flash slowly it is done.
2019-6-12
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I use go 4.1.15 with OTG to my spark and Litchi for my mavic pro to avoid mixed up and 4.1.15 is the best for Sparky.
2019-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules