2296 8 2019-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ulysses
lvl.4
Flight distance : 573310 ft
Brazil

Hello!

I have the Mavic Air Fly More Combo and on of the batteries is behaving strangely.  When the battery reaches close to 10%, it suddenly drops to 0%. The aircraft lands and turns off imediately. First time it happened I was about to land and then I recharged and tested it again and it did the same thing. Now I dont feel safe to fly with this battery no more as it could fail in the air causing damage and a lost drone. The other 2 batteries are fine. The problematic one has 67 recharge cycles and is about to loose its warranty within next few days.
What should I do? Is there a fix to it? Someone experienced it?

Thank you for any help you can provide.
2019-6-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. It's glad to know that you've managed to isolate the problem by using different batteries. Therefore, we would recommend contacting our support via the link below for you to possibly use the warranty, however, it would still depend on the outcome of the damage assessment and the warranty of your unit. We do appreciate your understanding.

www.dji.com/support
2019-6-12
Use props
manufak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 569570 ft
Hungary

Hi, I had same but much more serious experience with my DJI Mavic Air Fly More Combo:

On 17th January 2020 i went to fly. I just took off the ground with battery level 95%. I did not do any special just started to ascent. At about 19 meters height, my battery level dropped from 95% to 0% !!! Controller said Critically Low Voltage Warning, Landing!  But this was not a gentle landing it was speeding up as approached the ground.  I managed to catch the drone with my feet just as if i were a freestyle football player! I managed to get protect the drone from crashing hard to asphalt ground!

I was shocked! How could this happened? After my pulse get back to normal level, i replaced my battery, wich had approx  60% started to ascend. now at 34 meters height my other batteries level dropped also to 0%!      Critically Low Voltage Warning  again ! This time as it started to fall back from almost twice height, i was not brave enough to risk my legs or hand, so i could not protect my Mavic Air that crashed to ground. Left front and rear legs damaged visibly. Wifi cover broke down, rear legs lower part broke down all my propellers damaged.

i contacted Dji, i opened a case and now my kit is at DJI  repair Center (at Netherlands) with CAS-3926810-V4Z4T5 .  I uploaded flight records and asked for analysis when opened the case  to be able to prove that some horrible unexpected things happened and i did not do any risky drone fly, just simply ascended upside.

DJI first made a repair quote for more than 210.58 EUR €ur . I had to write several e-mails to ask them not to ask me to pay after above mentioned situation. I've been complaining about this for a long time with several e-mails, writing down in details what has happened.

Now it seems that they will repair my crashed drone in warranty - but as my batteries warranty period is exired in 2019 August (DJI intelligent flight batteries has only one year warranty) they do not want to replace them.

I also asked them to repair my MAVIC AIR Remote controllers loose antennas. But they do not wan't to do it.

MY QUESTION IS:

Does this mean that if a DJI mavic Air battery warranty expires, nobody should ever fly any more with tem? In other words a DJI battery has only one year lifetime! Becouse than it is much more expensive than i thought it was when i bought it.

Imagine that you fly with your Mavic Air Fly More combo on the day first day when it lost its warranty. The low voltage accident happens, your drone falls into a lake, you cant get it out from the lake, and this could be a way to loose USD 1000!!!!

I am so so so DISAPPOINTED about DJI , DJI MAVIC AIR's reliability and dont really think i will be brave enough to buy another DJI drone kit.
2020-2-3
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

All my 3 flymore combo purcharged at Jan/18 are swollen. Have just bought 3 new ones and will used old ones for low height flights.
2020-2-3
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

manufak Posted at 2-3 09:22
Hi, I had same but much more serious experience with my DJI Mavic Air Fly More Combo:

On 17th January 2020 i went to fly. I just took off the ground with battery level 95%. I did not do any special just started to ascent. At about 19 meters height, my battery level dropped from 95% to 0% !!! Controller said Critically Low Voltage Warning, Landing!  But this was not a gentle landing it was speeding up as approached the ground.  I managed to catch the drone with my feet just as if i were a freestyle football player! I managed to get protect the drone from crashing hard to asphalt ground!

Try to see cell deviation
2020-2-3
Use props
Ulysses
lvl.4
Flight distance : 573310 ft
Brazil

I`m very surprised with DJI`s silence about the matter. Seems like almost every Mavic Air owner is facing this issue along with some Mavic 2 owners and DJI has done absolutely nothing about it. Neither respond to the topics regarding this subject. It became clear its a product design flaw and seem they dont want to acknowledge that to avoid doing a recall of some sort. They just gone silent hoping none will notice.
2020-2-3
Use props
manufak
lvl.2
Hungary

Adriano Araujo Posted at 2-3 12:24
All my 3 flymore combo purcharged at Jan/18 are swollen. Have just bought 3 new ones and will used old ones for low height flights.

You mean all your three intelligent flight batteries are swollen on their belly facing upwards when attached to aircraft? I also experienced it at one of my friends battery. Though his battery functions well but not looks so trust generating!
2020-2-5
Use props
manufak
lvl.2
Hungary

Ulysses Posted at 2-3 16:32
I`m very surprised with DJI`s silence about the matter. Seems like almost every Mavic Air owner is facing this issue along with some Mavic 2 owners and DJI has done absolutely nothing about it. Neither respond to the topics regarding this subject. It became clear its a product design flaw and seem they dont want to acknowledge that to avoid doing a recall of some sort. They just gone silent hoping none will notice.

I also asked approx around 10 times now what the reason was with getting now anser on it. Anyway i still believe that DJI will somehow handle in a way that gives us satisfaction.
2020-2-5
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

manufak Posted at 2-5 08:52
You mean all your three intelligent flight batteries are swollen on their belly facing upwards when attached to aircraft? I also experienced it at one of my friends battery. Though his battery functions well but not looks so trust generating!

"You mean all your three intelligent flight batteries are swollen on their belly facing upwards when attached to aircraft?"

Yes. All.

" I also experienced it at one of my friends battery. Though his battery functions well but not looks so trust generating!"

They´re working good (checked cell deviation), but when hot the "swolliness" increase. Afreid of battery poping out midflight. So, I am using they just for low level flights.
2020-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules