I crashed my Spark in water
515 6 2019-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_9kutsv0lNSA2
lvl.1
United States

So  I had been flying down by the lake a few days ago and everything went fine.  Then, later that day I went to fly at my house. I took off and the home pint never updated. The weather was perfect and I was only about 25 feet up when my Spark disconnected.  It started flying back to the lake!  I started running after it to get connection back but it didn’t work.  It ended up flying about 3 miles and under up landing in the lake about 20 feet from land and 50 feet from the home point.  I found this out from a few people that were their at the time. Also, I didn’t happen to be recording at the time. I haven’t found my Spark yet and I have searched twice above water and went diving once.  I still plan on looking for it.  Does anyone have any suggestions or ways to help?
2019-6-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the mishap that happens to your drone. We highly recommend syncing your flight records and contact our support via the link below. For additional information, if you've managed to retrieve your drone, for the sake of security,  we indeed don’t repair water damaged drone. Because aircraft consists of a large quantity of sensitive electrical components, after it is water damaged, electrical components may be corroded, thus affecting its stability and security. Through the related tests, the repair of water damaged units needs to replace all the relevant components, and it is possible that the cost of repairing a water damaged drone is far higher than buying a new drone. Therefore, we advise that water damaged units are ineligible for repair service. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

www.dji.com/support
2019-6-12
Use props
djiuser_9kutsv0lNSA2
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 6-12 14:53
Hi, we're sorry to know about the mishap that happens to your drone. We highly recommend syncing your flight records and contact our support via the link below. For additional information, if you've managed to retrieve your drone, for the sake of security,  we indeed don’t repair water damaged drone. Because aircraft consists of a large quantity of sensitive electrical components, after it is water damaged, electrical components may be corroded, thus affecting its stability and security. Through the related tests, the repair of water damaged units needs to replace all the relevant components, and it is possible that the cost of repairing a water damaged drone is far higher than buying a new drone. Therefore, we advise that water damaged units are ineligible for repair service. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Here is my flight record.  From what I can see the GPS and compass malfunctioned.
FD9BA4A8-38DE-47D3-ADF2-D2A77E6A865E.jpeg
2019-6-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_9kutsv0lNSA2 Posted at 6-12 18:19
Here is my flight record.  From what I can see the GPS and compass malfunctioned.

Hi, thanks for providing this information. Please reach our support via the link that I've provided above to initiate the investigation on what happened to your previous flight. Thank you for your support.
2019-6-13
Use props
djiuser_9kutsv0lNSA2
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 6-13 11:53
Hi, thanks for providing this information. Please reach our support via the link that I've provided above to initiate the investigation on what happened to your previous flight. Thank you for your support.

How long does it usually take support to reply.
2019-6-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_9kutsv0lNSA2 Posted at 6-13 14:21
How long does it usually take support to reply.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Usually, it would take approximately 24-48 hours upon receiving your concern thru email, However, if you haven't received any feedback from our support, kindly keep us posted or reach out our support over the phone or thru chat. Kindly see the image below for your reference.

2019-6-16
Use props
djiuser_9kutsv0lNSA2
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 6-16 14:40
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Usually, it would take approximately 24-48 hours upon receiving your concern thru email, However, if you haven't received any feedback from our support, kindly keep us posted or reach out our support over the phone or thru chat. Kindly see the image below for your reference.

[view_image]

I did t do any of those.  When I got to the support page I filled out the form and gave them my email and phone number.  I used your link.
2019-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules