Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why not 2k resolution?
1834 8 2019-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans273d858a
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Hi,

I wonder why the Osmo Pocket doesn't support a 2K resolution, when my Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic Air support 4K but also 2K resolutions?

Why only supporting 4K or Full HD?

Thanks,
T.
2019-6-12
Use props
CasualDronePilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

That's a really good suggestion. While I mostly shoot in 1080, there are times when I want to use higher resolution footage. However my current computer rig struggles with 4K. It can handle it, but only just. 2K would be a great middle ground in my case.
2019-6-12
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

+1 from me. It may still let other functions not available in 4K to operate as well.
2019-6-12
Use props
fans273d858a
Second Officer

United Kingdom

CasualDronePilot Posted at 6-12 12:45
That's a really good suggestion. While I mostly shoot in 1080, there are times when I want to use higher resolution footage. However my current computer rig struggles with 4K. It can handle it, but only just. 2K would be a great middle ground in my case.

Yes, I think 2K is a good compromise. My computer is struggling editing 4K files, and also the files are huge!

For my drone footage, most of it is done in 2K, and that's good enough.
2019-6-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The camera of Osmo Pocket and Mavic drones are different. Thus, the functions are different also. And OP can support 1080P120 and 4K60 which other drones can't support. No worries, we will consider this as a suggestion and forward it to our designated department for attention. We do appreciate your support.
2019-6-12
Use props
Udo13
First Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 6-12 14:42
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The camera of Osmo Pocket and Mavic drones are different. Thus, the functions are different also. And OP can support 1080P120 and 4K60 which other drones can't support. No worries, we will consider this as a suggestion and forward it to our designated department for attention. We do appreciate your support.

Thanks, I hope they can realize this in the next update.
2019-6-13
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 6-12 14:42

Thank you for taking notice.
While the functions of various DJI equipment may be for different uses, having compatibility of output resolutions between various devices where possible could help brand loyalty as well as making editing easier and exporting of final video files easier for customers. Those that only want or need one camera will only buy one camera while others like to use the correct tool for the video output required and will buy more. Whether or not this would be a DJI product or not will, up to a point, depend on the compatibility of various devices and their ease of use.
2019-6-13
Use props
ygor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

+1 for 2k @ 60fps... so much better for editing and  uploading to streaming platforms...
2019-6-13
Use props
tripleburst
Second Officer
United States

Add me to the users who want 2.7K. I mean, it sits right in the middle range of 2 resolutions already being supported. It's not like we're asking for anything beyond the OP's capabilities.
2019-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules