sticks desensitize
595 11 2019-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

do most flyers accept defaults on sticks sensitivity?
allowance is avail to change sticks ranging of control and its sensitivity.
for the most conservative adjustment, would it be feasible to reduce all allowable configurations to their lowest achieveable settings?
doing so permits drone "laziness" characteristic, kind of sluggish retardation as opposed to "spiffy"

the real concern is it is out of default config and can this be of potential detriment?
2019-6-12
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I only changed the yaw sensitivity to slow down the pans
2019-6-12
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30932 ft
France

I am new to drones but have  years of experience in RC aircraft and helicopters where it is standard practice to change stick sensitivity depending on what you are doing and how you wish to fly. In fact most RC transmitters allow you to change stick rates which may be used during the flight for example different rates of movement for take off and landing or when carrying out aerobatics. An especially useful setting is to be able to change between exponential and proportional movement.
Although there is not the facility of dual rate on the DJI controller I fully intend to adjust stick movement to my preference depending on what I need although switching between T, P and S mode does give in effect a type of dual rate.
My advice is that the adjustment is there to be used but  make any adjustment gradually as big changes to stick sensitivity can give big surprises.
Good luck with your adjustments and I hope you find the perfect stick setup as it will be worth it when you do.
2019-6-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sure that our valued DJI Forum members would provide their thoughts in regards to the sensitivity of the remote controller. Thank you for your support.
2019-6-12
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

Okay, i bottomed all avail configs for sticks, flew opti pure underground with vision disabled fwd aft and signal lost hover.
drone behaves very slow pokey, altho brakes still appear still yet too rigid,  possibly for emergency response.
Too bad programmers couldn't feature three each custom user prescriptions for quickie flight change on the run, just like they've done for camera custom user 3 each prescriptions to utilize inflight live.
2019-6-12
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cutis Posted at 6-12 18:41
Okay, i bottomed all avail configs for sticks, flew opti pure underground with vision disabled fwd aft and signal lost hover.
drone behaves very slow pokey, altho brakes still appear still yet too rigid,  possibly for emergency response.
Too bad programmers couldn't feature three each custom user prescriptions for quickie flight change on the run, just like they've done for camera custom user 3 each prescriptions to utilize inflight live.

That would have been a good idea
2019-6-12
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

AJC-W Posted at 6-12 23:42
That would have been a good idea

this bird has flown beta testing over one year already so maturity of soft should be blossoming, ...., soon
2019-6-17
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cutis Posted at 6-17 17:42
this bird has flown beta testing over one year already so maturity of soft should be blossoming, ...., soon

Like brand new cars drones also break in after regular use - especially batteries
2019-6-17
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

AJC-W Posted at 6-17 22:21
Like brand new cars drones also break in after regular use - especially batteries

By "breaking in" the mechanical stuff gets worn, but so does solidstate stuff, unless parts are overdesigned with margins of longevity, e.g. 105°C rated electrolytics chosen specifically for retaining capacitance excellence thruout life, even the esc has mosfet(s) gating propulsion electricity at flight controller's will of command.
2019-6-23
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cutis Posted at 6-23 14:11
By "breaking in" the mechanical stuff gets worn, but so does solidstate stuff, unless parts are overdesigned with margins of longevity, e.g. 105°C rated electrolytics chosen specifically for retaining capacitance excellence thruout life, even the esc has mosfet(s) gating propulsion electricity at flight controller's will of command.

That’s a point
2019-6-24
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

AJC-W Posted at 6-24 00:28
That’s a point

I wonder whether wear and tear is compensated for by programmers firmwares. what would be expected is decreasing efficiency, same battery energy doing less than when it's brand spanking new
2019-6-24
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cutis Posted at 6-24 17:23
I wonder whether wear and tear is compensated for by programmers firmwares. what would be expected is decreasing efficiency, same battery energy doing less than when it's brand spanking new

Never thought of that myself - probably not I’d say!
2019-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules