Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unable to connect to Osmo Action
4279 6 2019-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_P7OfJs9hhTTK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101821 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello,

I got the Osmo Action few days ago, updated firmware same day to the (at the time) latest one. But from that moment I'm unable to connect to the camera itself.

I've resetted wireless connection on camera, resetted to factory settings, re-installed app on my android phone (using OnePlus 6T) - nothing helps.

I can see the device on my list, but every time I get an error: "Connection Failed, Ensure Osmo is powered on..."

Has anyone had similar issue, or is there a way to resolve this?

I wanted to upgrade to the latest firmware, but unable to connect to the Osmo .

2019-6-12
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

I had the issue a few times the other day when trying to get the new firmware.  It finally worked but I don't know why.

You can install the firmware manually.  On the Action Support site, there's a download section.  You can download the new firmware's zip file, unzip and place the xxxx.bin file in the root folder/directory of the sd-card and restart the camera.
2019-6-12
Use props
djiuser_rpthBxSpCtOT
New

United Kingdom

Hi! I have a similar problem. I managed to pair the phone with the camera in bluetooth but I cannot see the Osmo Action Wi-Fi in the networks list. When I open the DJI Mimo App, I can see the camera but when I press connect, I receive the mesage "Connection Failed - Failed to get Wi-Fi authentication".
I tried everything for 4 hours with 3 different phones: resetting the wireless setting of the camera, manually upgraded the camera to the last firmware, factory resetting the camera, reinstalling the DJI Mimo app, set the phone to airplane mode, restart the phone, manually type in and connect to the camera's Wi-Fi network, nothing worked.
Is there any way to activate it online with the serial number or skip the activation process and use the camera that I PAID FOR???
I'm waiting for an answer from DJI!! If not, ...
...Maybe the best way is to send it back, get a refund, forget about DJI and buy a cheaper camera that doesn't need this non-sense activation!
2019-6-13
Use props
djiuser_P7OfJs9hhTTK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101821 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I solved the issue thanks to other thread, simply by enabling Airplane mode, then enabling manually WiFi and Bluetooth - worked like a charm.
2019-6-13
Use props
djiuser_rpthBxSpCtOT
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_P7OfJs9hhTTK Posted at 6-13 15:04
I solved the issue thanks to other thread, simply by enabling Airplane mode, then enabling manually WiFi and Bluetooth - worked like a charm.

when you activate the wi-fi can you actually see the osmoactionxxxx network on the phone?
airplane mode didn't worked for me
2019-6-13
Use props
djiuser_cvBbkvCoZEb4
New

France

ff22 Posted at 6-12 15:26
I had the issue a few times the other day when trying to get the new firmware.  It finally worked but I don't know why.

You can install the firmware manually.  On the Action Support site, there's a download section.  You can download the new firmware's zip file, unzip and place the xxxx.bin file in the root folder/directory of the sd-card and restart the camera.

Bonjour ou trouvez-vous le dossier racine !!!
Merci
2019-7-29
Use props
djiuser_iPCpiTEnI5LH
New

Spain

djiuser_P7OfJs9hhTTK Posted at 6-13 15:04

Yo sigo con el mismo problema... no se conecta.
2019-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules