Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Almost new battery dead !
579 11 2019-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coco60
Second Officer
Flight distance : 632096 ft
Canada

Hi. I bought five DJI batteries (from DJI) for my P4P two years ago, and one of them would not charge anymore using an OEM Dji charger !  All five batteries have been recharged about seventeen times only but one wont charge. I'm not flying that often and during winter time the P4P stays in the bag for months. But i still monitors the charge left once in a while to make sure the ideal voltage level is at arround 60%. Is this failure normal, even after two years should i get a refund DJI ??
2019-6-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

not a lot of chance after 6 months let alone 2 years
2019-6-12
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Bashy Posted at 6-12 18:07
not a lot of chance after 6 months let alone 2 years

But surely if the capacity is still around 60% wouldn't/shouldn't  that be OK ?

I do cycle mine every 4 weeks or so even if not actually flying.  
How many cycles would be a fair average in a batterys' life ?
2019-6-13
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Captain
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Can you show us pictures? Refund good luck. I had mine in storage for 8 months and i had no issues? Are you batteries swollen?
2019-6-13
Use props
coco60
Second Officer
Canada

BagoDJIoperator84 Posted at 6-13 03:11
Can you show us pictures? Refund good luck. I had mine in storage for 8 months and i had no issues? Are you batteries swollen?

No !  My batteries look like brand new. All five were all treated the same way but one refused to charge. these batteries are probably good for two hundred refills !  At $200 CAN for only 17 flies makes it expensive per fly !?
2019-6-13
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Captain
Trinidad and Tobago

coco60 Posted at 6-13 04:51
No !  My batteries look like brand new. All five were all treated the same way but one refused to charge. these batteries are probably good for two hundred refills !  At $200 CAN for only 17 flies makes it expensive per fly !?

Hmmm, not sure because what is it doing?
2019-6-13
Use props
coco60
Second Officer
Canada

BagoDJIoperator84 Posted at 6-13 05:08
Hmmm, not sure because what is it doing?

I guess one cell decided to go dead which makes the whole battery not working. Or it could be the electronic board defective inside the Batt ?
2019-6-13
Use props
coco60
Second Officer
Canada

coco60 Posted at 6-13 05:53
I guess one cell decided to go dead which makes the whole battery not working. Or it could be the electronic board defective inside the Batt ?

What it is realy doing is this ;  When i start charging, the first bar and the round botton flash together a couple of time and stop. After two seconds it repeats the same thing and stops. And than repeats a third time and stops, Thats all and after all lights are off on the Batt.  The charging light on the DJI charger stays solid red as if the charger would not see there is a Batt connected to it.
2019-6-13
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Captain
Trinidad and Tobago

coco60 Posted at 6-13 06:01
What it is realy doing is this ;  When i start charging, the first bar and the round botton flash together a couple of time and stop. After two seconds it repeats the same thing and stops. And than repeats a third time and stops, Thats all and after all lights are off on the Batt.  The charging light on the DJI charger stays solid red as if the charger would not see there is a Batt connected to it.

maybe I would check the connections, make sure nothing isnt blocking it or Maybe leave it overnight and see. Sometimes it just takes a little while.

I knew when I stored my batteries i had them on a shelf and that helped after 8 months of storage.
2019-6-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, the refund process can't be done due to that we have an after-sales policy for our DJI Products and the warranty period for the batteries would be 6 months. For further information, you may see this link for reference: https://www.dji.com/service/policy It's recommended to fully charge and discharge the battery at least once every 3 months to maintain the battery health. You may refer to the image below for battery storage.

2019-6-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

coco60 Posted at 6-13 06:01
What it is realy doing is this ;  When i start charging, the first bar and the round botton flash together a couple of time and stop. After two seconds it repeats the same thing and stops. And than repeats a third time and stops, Thats all and after all lights are off on the Batt.  The charging light on the DJI charger stays solid red as if the charger would not see there is a Batt connected to it.

Your post says almost new, yet to me, 2 years old is not almost new ;)  DJI batteries only have a 6 month warranty!
I had a battery that got wet that started doing this, never came out of it and slowly diminished and then no lights at all,
2019-6-13
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
First Officer
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

You have to study up on lipos a little bit you left these batteries alone for two years no wonder why the one wouldn't even take a charge..... it doesn't matter if a lipo is smart or a stick pack or single packs .....a lipo is a lipo and you simply cannot just leave them for long periods of time they will tend to lose charge. So let's just give an example if I go on vacation for two weeks and have my mavic 2 battery at 50% when I come back it will be about 45% this is why you should always check your lipos and if need be top them back off to storage charge. I would ust chalk this one up. two years is a long time and I don't think dji will do anything after that amount of time anyway. It also does state right in a manual that if you need to replenish the battery you should after a period of time in storage otherwise you will below the 3.2 volts or 3.3 volts whatever the stock charger  threshold needs to see to start a charge.... so basically you are out of luck
2019-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules