Samaronic SR-MX1 Microphone with Osmo Pocket
735 10 2019-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

First I will say I'm not as slick as David Harry at talking to a camera, so don't go expecting a brilliant presentation.
I have discovered I erm and ah a lot
The Mic in question I bought and is not a freebie. All the audio levels you hear from various devices are at their respective levels and are not leveled, compressed, limited or been through any form of EQ. Video footage has not been enhanced in any way. It is as recorded at ISO 3200 for both cameras after editing.

The Samaronic SR-MX1 microphones' frequency response is not as wide as either the Osmo Pockets internal mics or of that of the mic being used with the second camera.

Both camera views are synced to give a continuous view of what I'm doing.

I will be using it in my next video to test it out for wind noise.

2019-6-13
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very nice presentation
2019-6-13
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

AJC-W Posted at 6-13 04:53
Very nice presentation

Thanks.
My editing skills are fine, it's just my brain that refuses to communicate with my mouth in real-time
It might help if I planned these things in advance.
2019-6-13
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 6-13 05:50
Thanks.
My editing skills are fine, it's just my brain that refuses to communicate with my mouth in real-time
It might help if I planned these things in advance.

That's a common problem
2019-6-13
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good job, thanks for sharing.
2019-6-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ray-CubeAce. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this review video you have created. Great work and thank you for your valued support.
2019-6-14
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Not bad, though it would be nice if it sounded better.  I do see a samaronic smartmic+ on amazon for $75, no reviews yet.  I might splurge and pick that up.
2019-6-14
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

BobWinNV Posted at 6-13 09:37
Good job, thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Bob.
2019-6-14
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-14 10:15
Hello and good day Ray-CubeAce. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this review video you have created. Great work and thank you for your valued support.

Will see how it goes Stephen. Should find out soon.
Thank you.
2019-6-14
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Neo Supreme Posted at 6-14 10:34
Not bad, though it would be nice if it sounded better.  I do see a samaronic smartmic+ on amazon for $75, no reviews yet.  I might splurge and pick that up.

Hi Neo.
I would head over to the Samaronic website and have a look around. Be careful you don't get a TRRS connection mic.
I have to agree the top end seems a bit thin but I'm not sure if that is because of the mic or that it's sharing a mono source between two channels. Either way, I did take it out into the back garden and bird song and running water (I have a small pond) sounded fine as did any background voices I heard from neighboring houses. Signal to noise floor seems good.  Also, it has a really good back to front rejection of sound and is not picking up my breathing when it goes quiet around me as the inbuilt mics have done. It's very small and never in view in a shot and I can attach it to an extension lead and use it as a lavalier mic.  (I found two lavalier clips from the 70s I'd forgotten about).  Last but not least, the output level is as good as my Rhode video Pro mic set at +20db.
I'm not bigging it up. It may turn out the quality really isn't that great in which case I'll have to wait until I can build my own. Should find out soon.
Thanks for your honest input. I think I agree with you so far but will wait for a field test. The main thing for me will be wind noise.
2019-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 6-14 12:55
Will see how it goes Stephen. Should find out soon.
Thank you.

You are very much welcome Ray-CubeAce. Have a safe and happy filming always.
2019-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules