Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5S Zenmuse image quality
1621 5 2019-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ryan5973
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I'm concerned about the image quality from my new X5S camera.
Before, I owned the X4S.

So far, I don't see much of a difference between the two using H.264 4K DCI: 4096×2160 59.94p.  
Can someone post a video they've taken using this setting.

2019-6-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best feedback that you may need for comparison of the Zenmuse X5S. Should you have further concerns, please let us know. Thank you for your support.
2019-6-13
Use props
FPS_Marsh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 861293 ft
Australia

Have you got both cameras on the same settings?
2019-6-13
Use props
Ryan5973
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

FPS_Marsh Posted at 6-13 14:01
Have you got both cameras on the same settings?

Yes, the settings are 4k, 60 FPS, exposure set to auto. The Amazon seller left the balancing ring and lens hood out of the box, so I'm returning for a replacement.

I live in Houston, TX. During mid-afternoon, the image quality is actually worse than the X4S. It appears you have to use a filter to get a decent picture. I never had this issue with the X4S.
2019-6-14
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Ryan5973 Posted at 6-14 06:12
Yes, the settings are 4k, 60 FPS, exposure set to auto. The Amazon seller left the balancing ring and lens hood out of the box, so I'm returning for a replacement.

I live in Houston, TX. During mid-afternoon, the image quality is actually worse than the X4S. It appears you have to use a filter to get a decent picture. I never had this issue with the X4S.

Filters had nothing to do with image quality. Actually every ND filter will add some sort of false coloration to image, delivering misleading conclusions when examining the footage. The best way to determine any digital camera performance is to shoot in manual mode without any filter, setting proper WB and exposure. Even better, include WB card in the frame and examine colour rendering in any decent video editor (histogram, RGB parade etc.). That much can be said without detailed description of your doubts or without seeing an sample.
2019-6-15
Use props
Orrus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213783 ft
United Kingdom

In what way is the quality of your footage bad?

The quality of my X5S is pretty bad too. The footage seems soft at best using 2 different lenses.

My camera and inspire 2 have recently been away to the Netherlands (dji's European repair centre). They repaired several parts of the drone and camera, yet the issue persists.

I think I have narrowed it down to calibration issues. There seems to be more to calibration than DJI suggest. There are numerous in depth descriptions of how to calibrate an X5 on the Inspire 1 but I can't find one for the Inspire 2 and X5S.
2019-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules