phantom 4 battery surgical repair of main board.
3219 3 2019-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jackofalltrayds
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9928 ft

United States

I'm fairly new to this forum but I have a phantom 4 with yet another battery problem.  Their was only one indicator flashing 2 times a second and I tried charger on charger off connection; battery on battery off connection; test charger--good -charges other battery fine; Left charging over night--still nothing.  This battery has been stored for probably 6 months.  I know they say charge every 3 months but didn't know that at the time.  So, I dismantled the battery--which is a bitch because the face plate and clam shells are glued on.  Still, I got it a part.  Looks like one of the FETs(?) on the main board is burned.  The labeling on the chip is something like this: first line: "IC530L";  second line: "1601 A3"  

third line:  "7489".  I'm assuming the IC530L is the chip designation but I can't find it.  The SOIC chip has a wide 4 lug size single pad on one side and 4 separate lugs on the other side.  On the board 3 of the descrete pads are tied togther through a common solder pad.  So, it looks like the chip has essentially 3 connection points as it's employed on the board.  I assume this is some kind of power chip, fet, transistor, or some such.  Looks designed to dissipate some heat.  Still haven't found the chip on line anyhwere.  

So, I'm wondering if anyone has a dead battery they wouldn't mind giving up so I can salvage one of these chips off of the main baord and see if installing it into my main board will fix my problem...  

All I need from your battery is the main board so if you're saving your battery elements for switching out on a battery with a dead cell, all I need is the main board.  You can desolder the heavy wires (black and red) going to the main board, then disconnect the other wires--and the main board is free.  Be careful that you don't arc the two power wires!  This is not for the uninitiated to attempt.   So if you're handy with electronics and soldering, etc., maybe you can think about it.  

Any information I gain on this problem I will add back to this thread.  There are a lot of battery problems and I'd really like to be able to say that I've figured out a way to save some of them and make them work again.  

Thanks in advance for any help.

2019-6-13
Use props
djiuser_1b0M7duKUgnj
New

Russia

assets.nexperia.com/documents/data-sheet/PSMN1R5-30YLC.pdf
2019-11-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

here ya go

https://www.nexperia.com/product ... /PSMN1R5-30YLC.html

Does it look right?

If i was you i would be looking on the RS components site
2019-11-23
Use props
jackofalltrayds
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9928 ft

United States

Bashy Posted at 2019-11-23 19:44
here ya go

https://www.nexperia.com/product ... /PSMN1R5-30YLC.html

Thanks for your help.  This problem has been eclipsed by the controller charge 3 led issue now.  I've repaired it twice with the reflow gun and each time it works for a few days and then goes right back to the problem.  I'm getting to the point of being done with DJI.
2020-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules