Which Device for P4 Pro V2 controller?
2260 8 2019-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bigfig94
lvl.1

United States

Good afternoon All,

I did search through the threads to see if this was asked already so forgive me if it already was.  I just bought a Phantom 4 Pro V2.  The controller does not have a screen.  Can I use a Tablet like a Samsung etc to use as a screen?  I only see the approved Android devices are like the Galaxy S9 and mostly the smaller phones.  It would probably be better to use a bigger screen.  I would like to hear some feedback from drone veterans out there if you dont mind.  Looking forward to any replies.  Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2019-6-13
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can find a list of mobile devices supported by DJI and other commonly used devices here:

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily)
2019-6-13
Use props
Tree Wolf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

fwiw...with my p4p I'm using the 2015 8inch samsung sm t350 with no problems whatsoever. It's wifi only.
The tab is updated to the most current os available and I use a 64gb micro sd with it, never any negative issues.
2019-6-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We have recommended devices that can be checked in the page of the Phantom 4 Pro. Those devices are tested by our engineers for compatibility matter and ensure the stabilization of the app while using it. However, this doesn't mean that other devices won't work with the application. Your preferred device might able to run the application smoothly especially if it has a great specification but then again since the device hasn't been tested by our engineers, there are possibilities that the behavior of the might changed if there will be application or firmware updates. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-6-13
Use props
FPS_Marsh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 861293 ft
Australia

Personally I use the new iPad mini or the 6th gen iPad, they both work great but if I was to keep one it would be the mini. The portability and small factor help a lot when travelling and the screen is the perfect size between small and large. If you were doing more professional work I would recommend be bigger device but if it’s up to you.
2019-6-13
Use props
bigfig94
lvl.1

Venezuela

Thanks to all, I appreciate the info.  It appears a lot of devices work although some are not favored by users as much.  I personally like Samsung products so I'll probably go with one of them.
2019-6-13
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use my Note 9
2019-6-13
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would suggest to grab and iPad 9.6 inch 2018 version because it has A10 so it's faster than iPad Mini 4 an versions before I also can edit my 4K video on this iPad and lumafusion works great as an editor its quite fast  and the ipad will screen record without any lag.... and most of the time you can catch them on sale for under 300! I'm usually an Android guy but this was the cheapest option I most viable otherwise I would just use my S9 plus but I wanted a big screen and Android tablets aren't really that good you have to spend big money to get a half decent android tab... not so with the 2018 version of the iPad
2019-6-14
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

double post sorry
2019-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now