Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RAW Upgrade
12Next >
7477 43 2019-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GetHigh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 163619 ft
United States

Vote for what we want.
I know there have been other threads asking about RAW mode. how about a vote to show how serious we are?
It can be done through a simple frimware update.
Select your choice.
For those who are not into photography, RAW will enable a far greater ability.

Single SelectVote, Total 24 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

79.17% (19)
20.83% (5)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-6-13
Use props
Nidge
Captain

United Kingdom

I voted for the second option.

While it would have been really nice to have RAW capability  for the Spark it will forever remain a Pipe Dream. DJI only really intended for the Spark to be a high featured selfie drone for the masses, on top of that they ceased all development and support for it two years ago.

I have other flying platforms that shoot RAW but not with the same ease of portability as the Spark. However toward the end of last year my Wife bought me a Parrot Anafi as a Birthday present, which shoots RAW and 4K and a multitude of other things a Spark owner desires, and since then my Spark has pretty much become a dust magnet. I consider the Spark to still be a capable drone but I like my Anafi so much I bought another as a backup.

Regards

Nidge.
2019-6-14
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
First Officer
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Keep dreaming bro....we have been asking since it came out
2019-6-14
Use props
GetHigh
lvl.4
United States

Ahhh, but if enough of us dream it and voice our dreams, perhaps the powers that be, will fulfill said dreams.  :-)
Otherwise, others might write a hacked / moded  firmware that allows it.
2019-6-14
Use props
CasualDronePilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

I guess I'm one of the dreamers then.
Would really love RAW mode since I'm shooting way more still images than video.
2019-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day GetHigh. Thank you for reaching out and creating this poll. I hope that you will get the best information and the best insights from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. Thank you all for your valued support.
2019-6-14
Use props
GetHigh
lvl.4
United States

I'm a pro photographer. I don't use the Spark for that field. Mostly aerial photos is not my field. However I have been experimenting with it. If it had RAW, I might be more inclined to look into it more. As, I am not using aerial as one of my composition choices, I'm not ready to pursue more elaborate drones, just for the photos.  
Due to the ever changing Drone world, I would likely only go the aerial photo route, when I can warrant the expenditure of an AC that can carry good camera equipment with my Zeiss glass. Hmm, can I adapt one to carry my Leica M-2  or Hasselblad 500 ? :-)
Currently, having to purchase an entire AC just to improve the camera or lens is not a good choice.
2019-6-15
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

Voting is incomplete! this is missing:   3. I'm just making video so I don't care about RAW capability. I am voting for this.

2019-6-16
Use props
GetHigh
lvl.4
United States

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 6-16 14:32
Voting is incomplete! this is missing:   3. I'm just making video so I don't care about RAW capability. I am voting for this.

That was deliberately not included, in order to make this thread about RAW or not.  A separate thread can be created, if one wishes to discuss the merits of 1080p, 4k, 8k, FPS, etc. No hijacking the AC  :-)
2019-6-16
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

GetHigh Posted at 6-16 18:00
That was deliberately not included, in order to make this thread about RAW or not.  A separate thread can be created, if one wishes to discuss the merits of 1080p, 4k, 8k, FPS, etc. No hijacking the AC  :-)

"RAW or not" your post part. Missing NOT vote!
3. I don't need RAW.  Would like to vote, but!

I don't want to upgrade firmware
I don't want RAW format
I don't want to buy another drone.

It is also an opinion if I do not want to change. If you do not take this into account then your survey will not be worth anything.

2019-6-17
Use props
GetHigh
lvl.4
United States

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 6-17 11:50
"RAW or not" your post part. Missing NOT vote!
3. I don't need RAW.  Would like to vote, but!

The survey is worth it for what I, as well as some others seek. It was not meant for what you desire in video. You are free to create your own thread for that.  If I wanted to discuss what you desired, I would have included it.  The idea of a controlled experiment, entails narrowing the variables to focus and eliminating irrelevant  data.  Kindly refrain from hijacking the thread. Create your own and vote to your heart's desire.  This thread is about Still image RAW shooting.
2019-6-17
Use props
Anuvis
First Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Forget it spark is dead it has more than a year to take a firmware update....And i don't think there would be another one....
2019-6-18
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

GetHigh Posted at 6-17 19:13
The survey is worth it for what I, as well as some others seek. It was not meant for what you desire in video. You are free to create your own thread for that.  If I wanted to discuss what you desired, I would have included it.  The idea of a controlled experiment, entails narrowing the variables to focus and eliminating irrelevant  data.  Kindly refrain from hijacking the thread. Create your own and vote to your heart's desire.  This thread is about Still image RAW shooting.

Then my friend is not a vote but a dictatorship.
If you agree, you can vote if you don't want it to come out.
In communism they did just that: they manipulated the statistics to show what they wanted to hear.

This is not a vote but what you want to hear: I want RAW!
If you make a menu item for the NO vote, you may find that many are not interested. You don't want this ...
2019-6-18
Use props
GetHigh
lvl.4
United States

Anuvis Posted at 6-18 05:15
Forget it spark is dead it has more than a year to take a firmware update....And i don't think there would be another one....

I'm hoping not. It's a great little feller. Not as elaborate as it's bigger cousins but lots of great features. If it had RAW, I would be so much happier with it.
2019-6-18
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

You forget that Spark is a "hobby" category. Women and children are used in advertisements. Neither does it prove to be a selfie drone that works from a phone and can be self-made by hand.
Compared to this, he did too well and made the DJI in competition with his larger drones, which was not the goal.

Because of this, the wish list posted on this forum is ridiculous ...
In fact, DJI, which would be part of normal operation, did not solve the probes: (breakout video feed, nyut-nyut problem, compass-YAW-Speed error flayaways etc ...)

In the light of these, wait for miracles that are completely unnecessary ...
Do you want to get more out of Spark? install Litchi, install the DJGO4 mod2 app, set the parameters in the firmware (goole your friend).
2019-6-18
Use props
GetHigh
lvl.4
United States

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 6-18 11:36
In communism they did just that: they manipulated the statistics to show what they wanted to hear.

You have been asked before... stop trying to hijack the thread.
The poll / vote was not on the subject you desire, so don't vote.
Rant all you want on your own thread. Leave those of us who are interested in what this thread was created for, alone.
Jakab Gipsz - Cease and desist.
2019-6-18
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you want RAW then you are Into photography.  The Spark's image quality at far distance is pretty Garbage.  If you are beyond the range at which the picture quality remains great, you need to upgrade the drone.
2019-6-18
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

GetHigh Posted at 6-18 12:15
You have been asked before... stop trying to hijack the thread.
The poll / vote was not on the subject you desire, so don't vote.
Rant all you want on your own thread. Leave those of us who are interested in what this thread was created for, alone.

You're sick. What hi-jacking? I have a right not to disagree with you or not?
The post and this whole forum are based on democratic principles, so you can't just post it because I disagree with you and ask you to make an option that might interest others.
You are clinging to this post for you and me to go elsewhere ...
2019-6-18
Use props
GetHigh
lvl.4
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 6-18 12:22
If you want RAW then you are Into photography.  The Spark's image quality at far distance is pretty Garbage.  If you are beyond the range at which the picture quality remains great, you need to upgrade the drone.

Not necessarily garbage. It might not be good for trying to blow up very large or print at many times original factors. However, with RAW some very good shots can be used from it. I have already accomplished some fairly good work, with the .jpg. RAW would put it over the hurdle for it's capabilities.
2019-6-18
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

GetHigh Posted at 6-18 13:15
Not necessarily garbage. It might not be good for trying to blow up very large or print at many times original factors. However, with RAW some very good shots can be used from it. I have already accomplished some fairly good work, with the .jpg. RAW would put it over the hurdle for it's capabilities.

The quality of the photos of course aren't total $50 drone garbage but compared to at least the P4P V2.0 it is.
2019-6-18
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CasualDronePilot Posted at 6-14 08:12
I guess I'm one of the dreamers then.
Would really love RAW mode since I'm shooting way more still images than video.

Then you need to buy the P4P V2.0.
2019-6-18
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 6-18 11:45
You forget that Spark is a "hobby" category. Women and children are used in advertisements. Neither does it prove to be a selfie drone that works from a phone and can be self-made by hand.
Compared to this, he did too well and made the DJI in competition with his larger drones, which was not the goal.

Close up, the Spark is Amazing but if you fly far out, like 100m+ radius, it sucks.
2019-6-18
Use props
CasualDronePilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

AntDX316 Posted at 6-18 14:34
Then you need to buy the P4P V2.0.

Well, I'm kind of looking at the Mavic 2 series. The Phantom drones are too big and bulky for my taste.
2019-6-18
Use props
GetHigh
lvl.4
United States

There may be other, superior options for photography. I could rent a hot air balloon. Load up my Hasselblad and get fantastic shots.  Sure there are many other methods. I'm just looking to maximize the equipment at hand.  Writing RAW into the firmware would not be that difficult for the software gurus at DJI. It is not a lot of extra information gathering from the camera. Just the opposite. To produce the .jpg the way it does, entails taking that camera sensor info and translating it, modifying it to produce the nice .jpg.  The RAW just enables us to have all the info, originally captured, before it gets modified.  If enough of us exclaim a want for this, perhaps DJI will comply or someone else will write a mod to do such.
Spark has some nice advantages over the other / bigger brothers.
2019-6-19
Use props
GetHigh
lvl.4
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 6-18 14:35
Close up, the Spark is Amazing but if you fly far out, like 100m+ radius, it sucks.

Do you mean camera wise at that distance or do you mean general flight wise?  When shooting at such a distance I'm not trying to achieve "close up" results.  Like the difference between shooting the crowd at a stadium. Either shoot for the large crowd or use a telephoto and shoot for individuals. If I want a close up, I'll just fly closer (when possible).
2019-6-19
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

GetHigh Posted at 6-19 05:56
Do you mean camera wise at that distance or do you mean general flight wise?  When shooting at such a distance I'm not trying to achieve "close up" results.  Like the difference between shooting the crowd at a stadium. Either shoot for the large crowd or use a telephoto and shoot for individuals. If I want a close up, I'll just fly closer (when possible).

If you want better long range photos then you need a Phantom 4 Pro V2.0.  It's good enough but the best in the air is an X7 at $15k but if you want super best then that's going to be at least $60k.
2019-6-19
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CasualDronePilot Posted at 6-18 23:03
Well, I'm kind of looking at the Mavic 2 series. The Phantom drones are too big and bulky for my taste.

There are many reasons why the P4P V2.0 is more ideal than the M2P.  Someone did a test and showed how the M2P doesn't use the full 1" sensor.  Also, the sharpness isn't as good as the M2Z and P4P V2.0.  It also doesn't have a Mechanical shutter.  I can backpack the P4P V2.0 like my M2Z and A7 III backpack with room to spare.  Now the Inspire 2 is too bulky lol.
2019-6-19
Use props
GetHigh
lvl.4
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 6-19 09:54
There are many reasons why the P4P V2.0 is more ideal than the M2P.  Someone did a test and showed how the M2P doesn't use the full 1" sensor.  Also, the sharpness isn't as good as the M2Z and P4P V2.0.  It also doesn't have a Mechanical shutter.  I can backpack the P4P V2.0 like my M2Z and A7 III backpack with room to spare.  Now the Inspire 2 is too bulky lol.

I might be interested when they have a small drone that can hover as still as my tripods, able to tilt like a ball head. And let me mount the A7RIII with at least a 300mm lens, and allow remote operation for all manual controls (I don't shoot in auto modes).  I think wanting it to be able to switch lens' while aloft might be pushing it :-)
If they do have one that does the aforementioned, I'm sure I can't afford it.
2019-6-19
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

GetHigh Posted at 6-19 18:48
I might be interested when they have a small drone that can hover as still as my tripods, able to tilt like a ball head. And let me mount the A7RIII with at least a 300mm lens, and allow remote operation for all manual controls (I don't shoot in auto modes).  I think wanting it to be able to switch lens' while aloft might be pushing it :-)
If they do have one that does the aforementioned, I'm sure I can't afford it.

I don't like being able to switch lenses because when crap goes in between the lens and the sensor, you won't know until you start to edit the piece of lint/hair/dirt ruined all the footages.  : )
2019-6-19
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

Lets talk about RAW. This is the original theme.
2019-6-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 6-18 11:36

They manipulate the statistics EVERYWHERE in the world, to get/show the result they wanna show/have.
Has nothing to do with the system, they are in. Just with TPTW! (just my2c)
2019-6-20
Use props
GetHigh
lvl.4
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 6-20 09:10
They manipulate the statistics EVERYWHERE in the world, to get/show the result they wanna show/have.
Has nothing to do with the system, they are in. Just with TPTW! (just my2c)

Hey Cap,  I don't know what TPTW stands for... I'm feeling cerebraly challenged :-) Is it The Powers That Were?
BTW I wasn't trying to manipulate the statistics. I was narrowing the variables. Controlled experiment yields more accurate results.  I wanted to stay with one idea... RAW or no RAW wanted for Spark.  There are many other threads for the other ideas. I just wanted one specific variable logged, at this time.
2019-6-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

GetHigh Posted at 6-23 03:42
Hey Cap,  I don't know what TPTW stands for... I'm feeling cerebraly challenged :-) Is it The Powers That Were?
BTW I wasn't trying to manipulate the statistics. I was narrowing the variables. Controlled experiment yields more accurate results.  I wanted to stay with one idea... RAW or no RAW wanted for Spark.  There are many other threads for the other ideas. I just wanted one specific variable logged, at this time.

I was not pointing in your direction, GetHigh,  with TPTW/TPTB .

Just pointing to Jakab Gipsz post, "Then my friend is not a vote but a dictatorship."

That does not need a dictatorship, it is common in every political system, at time.

And I find also, that your question is just  ok.
ou aren't asking the people who aren't interested in RAW!
And the people who ARE, AND having a Spark, are covered with 1. and 2.
(Imho)
2019-6-23
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

GetHigh Posted at 6-23 03:42
BTW I wasn't trying to manipulate the statistics. I was narrowing the variables. Controlled experiment yields more accurate results.  I wanted to stay with one idea... RAW or no RAW wanted for Spark.  There are many other threads for the other ideas. I just wanted one specific variable logged, at this time.

"Vote for what we want."
You are saying that I am voting, but you will not guarantee every opportunity to do so.
This is a question to be decided, yes or no! you want or not.
But where's not?
2019-6-23
Use props
GetHigh
lvl.4
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 6-23 05:02
I was not pointing in your direction, GetHigh,  with TPTW/TPTB .

Just pointing to Jakab Gipsz post, "Then my friend is not a vote but a dictatorship."

Oh, thanks. I will have to get up to speed. I am officially acronymically challenged

I saw a phantom flying over my house, yesterday. I was out flying my Spark, at the time. I considered flying near enough to it, to let it see me and fly together but thought it was not a good idea, as I did not know who it was or how they might react.  Best etiquette keep away. So I landed and waited for them to leave. Bet they were shooting RAW  
2019-6-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

GetHigh Posted at 6-23 06:03
Oh, thanks. I will have to get up to speed. I am officially acronymically challenged

I saw a phantom flying over my house, yesterday. I was out flying my Spark, at the time. I considered flying near enough to it, to let it see me and fly together but thought it was not a good idea, as I did not know who it was or how they might react.  Best etiquette keep away. So I landed and waited for them to leave. Bet they were shooting RAW

Over YOUR house?

"I saw a phantom flying over my house, yesterday. "

You should have shown your bird.
Territory rights ;-)
2019-6-23
Use props
GetHigh
lvl.4
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 6-23 06:08
Over YOUR house?

"I saw a phantom flying over my house, yesterday. "

My (electronic)  bird, is just a Spark. Not an Eagle, Owl or Hawk. being a non- Raptor, I felt fighting for my territory against the bigger guy might not be a smart move :-)
I did not show him my "bird" but he might have thought he was flying really high if I showed him the "moon"
2019-6-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

GetHigh Posted at 6-23 06:29
My (electronic)  bird, is just a Spark. Not an Eagle, Owl or Hawk. being a non- Raptor, I felt fighting for my territory against the bigger guy might not be a smart move :-)
I did not show him my "bird" but he might have thought he was flying really high if I showed him the "moon"

2019-6-23
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I want 600HP in an inexpensive car too.  If you want more performance get a Mavic Air or better.
2019-7-20
Use props
GetHigh
lvl.4
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 7-20 21:12
I want 600HP in an inexpensive car too.  If you want more performance get a Mavic Air or better.

Just like people "tweak" to get more performance out of their cars, some of us would like to achieve more from our existing Spark. A firmware upgrade is along the same idea. Don't replace the car...improve it.
2019-7-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules