Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote Controller USB to iPhone connections ...
8568 5 2019-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
v01d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047100 ft
Australia

For the RC controller  - just to narrow it down in case of confusiion, this one -->
https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-remote-controller

Basically it has 2 ports, one on side, one below/underneath . The 'big' / type A at the bottom  (female or receptable ..) , what can it be used for .. ?

I hoped that I can use it with my iPhone using Type A to Lightning calbe, but, I tried now, and the DJI App on my iPhone is not picking up the connection when connecting to that port ... Only when using that micro USB on the side my iPhone 's connecting to the controller.

According to this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-158166-1-1.html   Seems that bottom one SHOULD work, but ...

Why is it not working for me?

I'm using iPhone XS Max, all updated.  RC controller, I dunno if it's firmware updable or that it needs it.

Any advice ..?
2019-6-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Technically, the DJI Mavic Pro RC middle port was design for charging the RC. However, you can use that port to plug in a mobile device and Yes, it should work. I will highly recommend trying to use a different cable and it must be a lightning data cable. Should you have any concerns. Please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!
2019-6-14
Use props
Jake Phantom 3 S
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I bought the cable on eBay, it was only 8 inches long, just the right length. Has the lightening connection on one end and the USB connection on the other end. Works perfectly, never any problems. Came from China and had five in the package, sold the other four. Only bad was, came from China, 3-1/2 weeks delivery.
2019-6-14
Use props
v01d
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-14 10:05
Hi, there. Technically, the DJI Mavic Pro RC middle port was design for charging the RC. However, you can use that port to plug in a mobile device and Yes, it should work. I will highly recommend trying to use a different cable and it must be a lightning data cable. Should you have any concerns. Please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!

Hello,
I'm sorry replying to my own thread so late ... But it was winter / no flying , and lots of work.

I have tried now with two different cables, including iPhone original cable for charging (USB on one side, iPhone lightning on the other.  It did not work as it.

Then, I just un-plugged the cable from the sider of the controller, the short little cable provided to connect to iPhone. And, even though it wasn't connected to the phone (as my other cable was connected to my phone and RC's middle USB port), it suddenly picked my phone up.

I now tried again the same cables, and oddly, they are working.  When no cable is plugged into the LHS top socket of the RC  -one you would normally use for RC to iPhone connection.
2019-11-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

v01d Posted at 11-17 22:34
Hello,
I'm sorry replying to my own thread so late ... But it was winter / no flying , and lots of work.

Hi, thank you for the additional information. Yes, you need to unplug the cable that was on the side of the controller for you to able to established a connection to the alternative port. Please let us know if you have other inquires or concerns. Thank you for your support!
2019-11-21
Use props
v01d
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-21 16:41
Hi, thank you for the additional information. Yes, you need to unplug the cable that was on the side of the controller for you to able to established a connection to the alternative port. Please let us know if you have other inquires or concerns. Thank you for your support!

Hey DJI Gamora,

Yea , I just found it strange that I have to un-plug the cable from the side, even when it is not connected on the other end to anything  (no iPhone, Ipad connected on on the other side of the cable).

Cannot understand how the remote controller senses that the cable is plugged in (as there is NOTHING on the other side of it ...).

However, it works, so ..
2019-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules