Is the Osmo Action Mic Mono or Stereo?
6032 12 2019-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northern Nevada
lvl.2
United States

I cant seem to find this info in the specs? Is the Osmo Action recording suidio in stereo?
NN

2019-6-13
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good question and I can't find this info anywhere either...
2019-6-14
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When I look at file details it says the audio is stereo. More precisely two channel, top and side :-)

Action audio - Copy.png
2019-6-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. We will forward this concern to our designated department. Thank you for your understanding. Cheers!
2019-6-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, As we review there are 2 mic used to record used and it is both using the Stereo audio. Should you have any concerns please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-6-14
Use props
Northern Nevada
lvl.2
United States

Thank You very MUCH I appreciate it. Any ideas when the 3.5 mm external mic adapter will be available?

NN
2019-6-17
Use props
edwinnaar
lvl.1
Netherlands

This is a rather old thread, I see.
I had the same question, regarding the Osmo Action to be stereo. It seems to be.
But I have a different question. When using an adaptor to plug in an external audio source, can that be stereo?

The reason I ask this is because I have a few Tentacle Sync E modules. These modules produce accurate timecode signals that can be recorded as audio on cameras that don't have timecode. The Sync-E module has a build in microphone for reference sound. It outputs this audio on the left channel. The right channel contains the timecode signal.
In Adobe Premiere it is very simple to get all the cameras used in sync with this timecode signal, using the mulit-cam feature.

My idea is to buy an adaptor to be able to record both signals, and making my life so much easier.

Long story short... is external recording via the USB port possible in stereo?

2021-5-20
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

CYNOVA Adapter is mono.   if it was a true stereo we should hear only the right side when using one mic, you hear both sides when using one mic, make sense?

Not a true  sterio with the adapter
2021-5-20
Use props
Tobias Claren
New
Germany

Hello.

Still no possibility to record stereo externally?
Is that not technically possible?

The ability to record stereophony (e.g. real head stereophony with microphones in your own ears) would fit very well with an action cam.

Thanks...
2021-9-8
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I always thought that the Action was totally mono, whether using the onboard mic or an external mic.  However, I just tried a simple test (turning the camera while talking) and indeed, there is a barely discernable stereo effect.  The separation is almost non-existent, but it's an attempt.... compared to the gobsmacking surround sound of the Pocket 2, it's pretty useless in terms of stereo image.  
2021-9-9
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

oA4 will probably get a stereo mic and external, but that be 15 years later
2021-9-10
Use props
GIZZmotorsports
lvl.1
Canada

The osmo action is mono. I just talked into the top mic then side mic, tapped on both. Ran it through the editor and the audio channels are identical except for some random static on each individual channel.

So much for opening it up and wiring up an audio jack in place of the mics.
2021-12-21
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

I do that to the GoPro, and not have to worry bout their blocking the  signal with the adapter they created.
2021-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules