Video - Help needed Mavic 2 pro
1063 12 2019-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tollytastic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30932 ft
France

Hi all, had my first flight with my Mavic 2 pro this morning, all I can say is that it was a truly Fabulouse experience.

I do however need advice re video’

As part of my first flight I took some photos (bracketed) which turned out fantastically, I also shot some video which when downloaded on my laptop running windows 10 seemed to have some problems with the video being jerky and appearing to smudge(sorry have no idea what the correct term is) in places.

The strange thing is when I made a short 10 second clip of the video to post here the copy was not smudging but still appeared jerky, I have no idea what the issue is (settings, software laptop or Drone) but when I shoot video with my Lumix G9 I have not suffered the same problem.

I have almost no experience with video  so would be grateful for some guidance.

Flight in beginner mode

I am using the following

Sandisk Extreme 64GB card

Windows 10

Storage in jpg

All setting where possible to auto

Video 4k 24fps, format MP4

Coding H264

Do I need specific software to play the video ??

Many thanks for any help

Tried to upload the video but the message Sorry  don not support uploadinig of such extention attachment  Help !!

Many thanks in advance

2019-6-14
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
France

OK I think I have answered my own question, I’m now pretty sure that it’s my laptop and Microsoft Media player that can’t handle the 4K video from looking online which is why it has that stop start and blurry look about it. Any advice on settings which will allow playback on my laptop with media player (so I can impress my friends and family with this amazing footage) and enjoy the film experience. Also how can I upload video to the DJI forum without getting the “not this format message” Many thanks   Tolly
2019-6-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You might be right indeed!
2019-6-14
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
France

Hi Montfrooij, I hope so, I thought I might have a hardware problem but if it's this then I will be hapy to record at a lower quality or find a software solution.
Many thanks for taking the time to post

Tolly
2019-6-14
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Tollytastic Posted at 6-14 03:59
OK I think I have answered my own question, I’m now pretty sure that it’s my laptop and Microsoft Media player that can’t handle the 4K video from looking online which is why it has that stop start and blurry look about it. Any advice on settings which will allow playback on my laptop with media player (so I can impress my friends and family with this amazing footage) and enjoy the film experience. Also how can I upload video to the DJI forum without getting the “not this format message” Many thanks   Tolly

New forum users are limited in what they can post, but you can always post a link to your video up on YouTube or some other similar platform.

4K video may be a bit hard for older computers to play -- folks with such often find they can play their videos fine after uploading to Youtube. H.265 is particularly processor-intensive, even for newer computers. Sometimes Windows users report better luck using VLC for playback rather than Media Player. YMMV.

If you determine your hardware is too old to perform adequately, you may find that upgrading your video card rather than your whole machine is sufficient, but as a laptop user you may not have that option.

Hope some of this helps.
2019-6-14
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
France

Hi EX Machina, thanks for answering, thats a great help. Looks like I will have to upgrade something to view the footage without blur and judder.

On the bright side I have just tried a recording (on the ground) in 1080p which appears tp playback well. My real worry was that I had a problem with the Mavic pro 2 but I almost sure that I have eliminated this now and its just my laptop trying to keep up.

Many thanks for your help

Tolly
2019-6-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're glad to know that you already resolve the issue that you currently have. You can try to upload the video you wanted to share with us via youtube then you can copy a link after that you can directly post the link here in Forum. Also, hope that you can get the best Tips and Tricks from our DJI co-pilots that currently using the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!
2019-6-14
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats on the new drone - the M2P is a real joy to fly. Hope you get this fixed soon and post your footage
2019-6-14
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
France

Hi DJI Gamora, many thanks for replying. Yes very happy to resolve the non issue and its just my laptop a little slow, however the images that it has captured are stunning helped by the fact that I live in a pretty place. Can't wait to do more and share the results, the stills anyway with the forum.
2019-6-14
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
France

AJC-W Posted at 6-14 08:53
Congrats on the new drone - the M2P is a real joy to fly. Hope you get this fixed soon and post your footage

Hi AJC many thanks for posting, Today has been a revelation making me wonder why I waited so long to jump to drones. As well as RC I have been into Kite Aerial  photography for decades and that if nothing else makes me realise just what a phenomenal tool the Mavic Pro can be.
Will shoot in 1080p for now and my real passion is stills but what a piece of kit
Have included my first photo (first flight)

Cheers Tolly
2019-6-14
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tollytastic Posted at 6-14 10:04
Hi AJC many thanks for posting, Today has been a revelation making me wonder why I waited so long to jump to drones. As well as RC I have been into Kite Aerial  photography for decades and that if nothing else makes me realise just what a phenomenal tool the Mavic Pro can be.
Will shoot in 1080p for now and my real passion is stills but what a piece of kit
Have included my first photo (first flight)

Congrats again - superb first shot!
2019-6-14
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
France

AJC-W Posted at 6-14 10:06
Congrats again - superb first shot!

Mant thanks AJC-W  though all the hard work was done by the Mavic 2 Pro as being my first flight everything was in auto
Cheers
Tolly
2019-6-14
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tollytastic Posted at 6-14 10:16
Mant thanks AJC-W  though all the hard work was done by the Mavic 2 Pro as being my first flight everything was in auto
Cheers
Tolly

You'll be setting everything to manual soon enough
2019-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules