RoboMaster S1 - Is it worth it for you? and FAQ
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PaulArcher
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Hello Guys,
I want to make a page with answers to most frequently asked questions about the new RoboMaster S1 from DJI.
Here's the page with the most important info, if you hanven't yet seen all the specs along with some of the more often asked Questions:https://dronesgator.com/dji-robomaster-s1/

Do you have any I could add?

Many people are curious about the actual range of the robot.
I have a question for you now, what maximum range do you think this can reach and how can you improve it?

It would be pretty cool to feel like in that home alone episode with the FPV car.Maybe if we add occusync to it lol
2019-6-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not right now.
I'd rather spend my funds on a 'zoom'.
2019-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day PaulArcher. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us and for the informative link as well. The RoboMaster S1 has a maximun distance of :

Connection via Wi-Fi:
FCC, 2.4 GHz 140 m, 5.8 GHz 90 m
CE, 2.4 GHz 130 m, 5.8 GHz 70 m
SRRC, 2.4 GHz 130 m, 5.8 GHz 90 m
MIC, 2.4 GHz 130 m
Connection via Router:
FCC, 2.4 GHz 190 m, 5.8 GHz 300 m
CE, 2.4 GHz 180 m, 5.8 GHz 70 m
SRRC, 2.4 GHz 180 m, 5.8 GHz 300 m
MIC, 2.4 GHz 180 m

* Please Note: These results were achieved in an environment without signal interference or blockages. Blocked signals or signal interference will influence the transmission distance and effect. It is recommended to keep the S1 antenna as vertical as possible during use for optimal image transmission.
For Connection via Wi-Fi, the mobile device used for testing was a sixth-generation iPad (released in 2018). For Connection via Router, several router models were used for testing. FCC: TP-Link Archer C9; SRRC: TP-Link WDR8600; CE: TP-Link Archer C7; MIC: WSR-1160DHP3.

Thank you.
2019-6-14
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143898 ft
United States

Not as a toy but learning Artificial Intelligence is priceless to me.  As far as the range, it depends on your WiFi router or phone hotspot.  Some WiFi routers have longer range than others.
2019-6-15
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why is it not available in Europe would be a good starter
2019-6-15
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Fun toy thinly disguised as educational tool to give all those dads an excuse to get one  

Strictly for the better off 'kids' at that price though I do understand why it costs what it costs.

I think it may become boring rather fast though unless using it in a club competitive environment with other owners but what are the chances of that?

Me ... Santa, give me a petrol fuelled scale racing model for Xmas
2019-6-15
Use props
sdchew-
lvl.3

Singapore

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-14 12:06
Hello and good day PaulArcher. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us and for the informative link as well. The RoboMaster S1 has a maximun distance of :

Connection via Wi-Fi:

Does the S1 work well with Mesh wifi networks? Or will it just stick to the orginal node it connected to?
2019-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules