Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 2 vision plus gimbal no power
1618 11 2019-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xboxmoddr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 660039 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I picked up a P2 v+ and the gimbal is broken so order a new ribbon replaced to day out all back together and seems to be no power to the gimbal but I did not check b4 doing repair any help much appreciated thanks
2019-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day xboxmoddr. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. For us to be able to help you further with your DJI Phantom 2 and with regards to this matter. Kindly please send an email to support@dji.com for further assistance. Thank you for your support.
2019-6-14
Use props
xboxmoddr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

contact has been made thank you  
2019-6-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

My understanding is you must be sure to use a legitimate DJI ribbon cable because the aftermarkets only work about half the time.  Good luck
2019-6-14
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Captain
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Good luck, hope you are able to fix it.
2019-6-14
Use props
xboxmoddr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

the seller was listed as a dji approved but i have no idear if its genuine thanks for the heads up
2019-6-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

xboxmoddr Posted at 6-14 15:42
the seller was listed as a dji approved but i have no idear if its genuine thanks for the heads up

Find a photo of a legit ribbon cable, then compare.  There is a certain printing on the genuine cables and the aftermarket printings don't look the same.  Good luck

Edit:  Here is what a legit cable looks like:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Flex-Ribbon-Cable-for-DJI-Phantom-2-Vision-Plus-Camera-Gimbal/292689024092

Anything different is aftermarket
2019-6-15
Use props
xboxmoddr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 6-15 03:39
Find a photo of a legit ribbon cable, then compare.  There is a certain printing on the genuine cables and the aftermarket printings don't look the same.  Good luck

Edit:  Here is what a legit cable looks like:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Flex-Ribbon-Cable-for-DJI-Phantom-2-Vision-Plus-Camera-Gimbal/292689024092

Nice one thanks when I take it apart again I'll have a look it looks the same as the one I got on the listing but don't no it that's the one they sent
2019-6-15
Use props
xboxmoddr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

ive had a responce from dji asking me to send the drone and control to them for them to look at

Based on the info provided, we recommend you to send the drone and remote controller to us for diagnosis and repair

does anyone no a rough cost for this service as it is a p2v+ it is well out of warranty thanks
2019-6-15
Use props
xboxmoddr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

had a reply from dji they can not provide a rough price for repair with out seeing phantom but doing research it is not going to be cost worthy to repair as i can purchase a p3 for the repair cost so   rip phantom 2 v+ gimbal lol
2019-6-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

Another option is to buy a perfectly working but used camera gimbal assembly.  

Good luck
2019-6-20
Use props
xboxmoddr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

yup on look out  
2019-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now