Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lens wrench for removing Osmo Action filters & lens cover
1914 20 2019-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

Hi.

Here's a brilliant, cheap and simple tool for removing your Osmo Action lens cover and filters.

More details and links in my YouTube description for this video.

Cheers,
Dave.

2019-6-14
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

I did use a wide rubber band and managed to loosen.  I think that once done, it should not present problems in the future.  Unless you want to crank it back on very tight to provide waterproofness!

Darn device is $0.99 but then $3.99 for shipping!!!

I had the same problems removing the filter from the M2 Zoom.  But back then, the shipping was going to take a month.  Finally used a rubber band and pliers.  
2019-6-14
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 6-14 18:39
I did use a wide rubber band and managed to loosen.  I think that once done, it should not present problems in the future.  Unless you want to crank it back on very tight to provide waterproofness!

Darn device is $0.99 but then $3.99 for shipping!!!

The best use that I can see with this tool is to to be able to properly tighten any filters etc. to keep the Action fully waterproof. I tried tightening up the lens cover again by bare hand and it wasn’t as good as using the tool.
2019-6-14
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That will come in handy for sure
2019-6-15
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That looks very similar to the device DJI supplied with the P3 quadcopters for loosening the threaded propellers :-)
2019-6-15
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 6-15 01:56
That looks very similar to the device DJI supplied with the P3 quadcopters for loosening the threaded propellers :-)

I thought the same
2019-6-15
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing
2019-6-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thanks for sharing this amazing tool for removing the lens of the DJI Osmo Action. Great find. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!
2019-6-15
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

AJC-W Posted at 6-15 00:13
That will come in handy for sure

Hi.

Yes, very handy and especially for tightening things back up again to keep a waterproof seal.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-6-16
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

Hi.

You are very welcome.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-6-16
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-15 10:13
Hi, there. Thanks for sharing this amazing tool for removing the lens of the DJI Osmo Action. Great find. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!

Hi Gamora.

You are very welcome.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-6-16
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

David_Harry Posted at 6-16 14:05
Hi.

Yes, very handy and especially for tightening things back up again to keep a waterproof seal.

Essential then
2019-6-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

David_Harry Posted at 6-16 14:05
Hi.

You are very welcome.

No problem mate
2019-6-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

David_Harry Posted at 6-16 14:06
Hi Gamora.

You are very welcome.

Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concerns. Have a wonderful day ahead Dave!
2019-6-18
Use props
KerryG
First Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are people really having that much trouble getting the lens cover off? Every one I have taken right out of the box has come off with very little effort.
2019-6-18
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

KerryG Posted at 6-18 10:01
Are people really having that much trouble getting the lens cover off? Every one I have taken right out of the box has come off with very little effort.

There have been one or two very entertaining videos - as a watcher.  Not so entertaining to the person attempting to remove the filters.  So, yes, some have been hard to remove.  I did need a wide rubber band for aid.

There have been similar scenes attempting to remove the protective filters from the Mavic 2 Zoom drone.
2019-6-18
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

KerryG Posted at 6-18 10:01
Are people really having that much trouble getting the lens cover off? Every one I have taken right out of the box has come off with very little effort.

Looking about the forum and YouTube would suggest that removing the lens protector isn’t as simple as it should be.
2019-6-18
Use props
SparkGoFly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063 ft
  • >>>
United States

I used a pair of rubber dish washing gloves... put them both on, one to grip the camera and one to grip the lens, small amount of muscle power and it came off... they worked great... ! just saying
2019-6-19
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

SparkGoFly Posted at 6-19 07:12
I used a pair of rubber dish washing gloves... put them both on, one to grip the camera and one to grip the lens, small amount of muscle power and it came off... they worked great... ! just saying

Could look a bit odd when out and about and needing to change filters. Plus, the small lens wrench would be a lot easier to store in a carry case for the Action and a lot less cumbersome.

But I suppose it’s each to their own.
2019-6-19
Use props
SparkGoFly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063 ft
  • >>>
United States

David_Harry Posted at 6-19 09:43
Could look a bit odd when out and about and needing to change filters. Plus, the small lens wrench would be a lot easier to store in a carry case for the Action and a lot less cumbersome.

But I suppose it’s each to their own.

True but I did also find two small jar lid openers as well... they work just as well and cost 1 buck at the dollar store.
The dish washing gloves I used because I did not want to damage or scratch the Action during my 1st attempt... but they did work.
2019-6-19
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

SparkGoFly Posted at 6-19 11:07
True but I did also find two small jar lid openers as well... they work just as well and cost 1 buck at the dollar store.
The dish washing gloves I used because I did not want to damage or scratch the Action during my 1st attempt... but they did work.

I think the lid openers would be a lot less conspicuous than the gloves. That said, the lens tool was actually only 89p + the postage. But after spending over £300 on the camera it didn’t break the bank forking out £3 for a dedicated and discreet tool that fits in my Action’s carry case.
2019-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules