DJI Self Unlocking Help
1756 9 2019-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Clem116
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106900 ft
United States

Hello! New Mavic Air user here in South Florida. So for some reason, every couple days I need to Self Unlock on the URL below, if not, it says "Canot Takeoff". I thought I could do this through the app but I need to do it on a laptop as their mobile page does work for self unclocking. Is that normal? Whish I could do it from the app.
Thanks!
2019-6-15
Use props
Clem116
lvl.2
United States

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock
2019-6-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. I would highly recommend you to check whether your current location is within the DJI No-Fly zone. I will be posting the official link below. Also, we do have some places that are restricted since we are abiding local rules and regulations. For more details about the DJI No-Fly zone, you may contact our designated department at flysafe@dji.com. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!
2019-6-15
Use props
ririlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 879154 ft
Canada

Can you provide us the exact location where that occurs?
2019-6-15
Use props
Clem116
lvl.2
United States

Thanks everyone! I have only been flying it in my city and it happens in the blue and orange zone. I get a pop up in the app for me to acknowledge but it doesn't ask me to verify by phone or credit card. It does nothing after I say yes. So then I have to go on the website to unlock it.

2019-6-15
Use props
Crash-Test-Dummy
lvl.2
United States

Ahh, the good old unlocking!! There are WAY too many steps in that process.  I've never done it through DJI Go4 app.  Not sure that even works.  Even after you 'unlock' it, you still have to sync the unlock code to the controller via DJI Go4 app.  
2019-6-20
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

Agreed. It seems like it could be a lot easier than the hoops they have set up.
Clem116, I've always gone to the website and did the unlock from there like you did but I didn't think it "expired" until 72 hours, but maybe someone else can chime in.
2019-6-20
Use props
ichigo01
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254833 ft
United States

Crash-Test-Dummy Posted at 6-20 13:01
Ahh, the good old unlocking!! There are WAY too many steps in that process.  I've never done it through DJI Go4 app.  Not sure that even works.  Even after you 'unlock' it, you still have to sync the unlock code to the controller via DJI Go4 app.

is better by the page never fails, If you are here in Florida I recommend you fly in Miami Beach if you have never done it
2019-6-20
Use props
Dakar Enduro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1451841 ft
United States

I use it all the time from the webpage. On my phone if i have to do it, in chrome select Desktop mode.  Then you can do it.
I routinely do it on my android tablet.

you have to select a start date for the unlock.  Then it only lasts 3 days.  After you submit all the info and go through the verification process, you have to download via the app when connected to the RC.  Then transfer to the aircraft.  

Kind of a pain and takes some planning.  But if you are in a nfz area you will need to do it.
2019-6-22
Use props
Pilot Clem
lvl.2
United States

I was able to do a custom unlocking (very easy) and it lasts for a whole year and I can unlock a larger area. That solved it Thanks all!
2019-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules