United States

AEB vs HDR shot??
2019-6-15
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I would always use AEB. You have far more control over the finished product, and I believe get better results that way.
2019-6-15
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

embayweather Posted at 6-15 03:56
I would always use AEB. You have far more control over the finished product, and I believe get better results that way.

But when I took the Asbury Park, NJ picture at the beach it looked more like the Pro.  I can never get the colors like that in editing.
2019-6-15
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I personally use AEB to create HDR picture.

Yes you can use a single photo to create a HDR, but the range of colours will not be so great.

3, 5 or 9(drone or camera) exposures work better.

Really AEB is HDR.

Yes ok some people might use AEB to take a series of pictures and then pick the best one, but if you use your histogram and check the exposure etc in the first place you shouldn't really have to.
2019-6-15
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

KEJ Posted at 6-15 05:31
I personally use AEB to create HDR picture.

Yes you can use a single photo to create a HDR, but the range of colours will not be so great.

https://skylum.com/blog/whats-hdr-photography
2019-6-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Hope that you could get the best recommendation and suggestions from our DJI co-pilots here in Forum. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!
2019-6-15
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-15 09:06
Hi, Hope that you could get the best recommendation and suggestions from our DJI co-pilots here in Forum. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!

The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 has No HDR option..
2019-6-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

AEB all the way!
2019-6-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-16 04:22
The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 has No HDR option..

Then why did you ask the question? im puzzled....

AEB and use a program like photomatix, think i spelt that right, its very good, it has many presets too.  Or use PS or LR

If your colours arent popping then just up the saturation some, ambience also helps too, as with the settings for the shot itself, playing with HDR is an art form, getting it right can take a lot of practise, when you do, create a preset with the settings youve found. Too little is far better than too much, just bare that in mind, one think i hate is over processed HDR is halos, nowt worse than seeing them around subjects and too much colour....
2019-6-16
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

embayweather Posted at 6-15 03:56

I should add that I am colour blind so I do not mess with colours at all. With that said I have managed a near twenty year career as a pro photographer by leaving them alone, but using a calibrated monitor.
2019-6-17
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-16 18:45
Then why did you ask the question? im puzzled....

AEB and use a program like photomatix, think i spelt that right, its very good, it has many presets too.  Or use PS or LR

Totally agree with that.
Although it is subjective and beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

2019-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules