How Do I Cache Maps in DJI Go App??? (Ver 3.1.52)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markiemark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27598 ft

United States

How do I cache apps in the DJI Go app (which uses Mapbox)?

I have seen many tutorials for those using DJI Go 4, but not for those using DJI Go BEFORE version v.

My P3A uses DJI Go version 3.1.52
2019-6-15
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Simple .... as you display in GO .. you scroll around and it caches as you scroll round.
2019-6-15
Use props
markiemark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27598 ft

United States

solentlife Posted at 6-15 10:11
Simple .... as you display in GO .. you scroll around and it caches as you scroll round.

Thanks for the reply.

Since I won't have cell service / wifi where I am flying,  can I navigate to the location on the map when I am back at my house using my internet, then after closing the app / turning off the phone, when I get to the location later in the day, will the map still be cached?
2019-6-15
Use props
xboxmoddr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 660039 ft
United Kingdom

sorry to jump on this i was wondering the same thing if i use my phone on my p3s how can i use wifi and mobile date to display maps as i fly as the wifi is conected via app to the p3
2019-6-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

At home, with wifi enabled, Go into the Go app, and be sure Cache Maps In Background is turned on.
Have your drone turned on, when you do this? Now open the app and bring up Map View.

Once you have everything running, pinch squeeze the map, and scroll to your proposed flying area.
Zoom in, to the flight area, and scroll the map around, well beyond your planned flight zone.

Now once you shut everything off, the proper map should be available, when you arrive at the flight area, with no wifi access.

It’s not a perfect system, and is not infallible but it works most of the time.

RedHotPoker
2019-6-15
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Kingdom

RHP ... got it in one.
2019-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now