DJI - Why has my Gold Account been deleted - lost nearly 3,000 credits
1450 20 2015-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

I logged into my account today to find that I could no post anything as my profile was now showing as a probationer/ newbie.

My account now shows that I am a newbie and not a Gold Member with some 3000+ credits in this forum.

DJI Please restore my account to the Gold member status and credits I had accumulated with input and support into this forum.
2015-6-8
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

And a bonus of 1000 credits for the inconvenience
2015-6-8
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

They were probably worried that you might spend all those credits
2015-6-8
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Possibly, but I would like to think they were earned by helping others on the forum.
2015-6-8
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

Your paycheck for all of your contributions to this forum is "in the mail" and a welcome banner for your help over the past few months is in process.
T-Ed says he knows of no reason for your mis-treatment, so we all await the firmware update to the forum to remedy the situation. In the meantime, fly at your own risk.
2015-6-8
Use props
peter.psilver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

This did happen to me recently, although I was fairly new here it didn't really matter.

But annoying nonetheless.
2015-6-8
Use props
Theo ter Haar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20730951 ft
Netherlands

I think Tahoo Ed was affraid you would take his place here
2015-6-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Welcome back, you should email him about their screw up.  They know they screwed up, but the powers in charge there will never admit that.  They think they are smarter than everyone else here and we do their jobs for free and they get paid for it.   I used to spend all day here helping most of the last 6 months on the Phantom 2 forum, the points and time here doesn't matter one bit to them.   Just keep fighting to get your original account reinstated with all your points.  It would be a cold day in H*** before I give up the points I have accumulated.

Good luck with that.
2015-6-8
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-6-8 20:15
Welcome back, you should email him about their screw up.  They know they screwed up, but the powers  ...

Gerry,

Thanks for your comments.

2015-6-8
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

You probably know this already but just in case - for awhile the forum showed you as having been banned.  A "WHY HAS GB44 BEEN BANNED" thread was launched in which Tahoe_Ed said he didn't ban you.  Presumably when he restored your account it was stripped of its points as part of the banning process.

Not only do you need your points back, we need to find out why the system, unbidden, banned a valuable member on its own.  Or perhaps another DJI employee hit the wrong button somewhere - but that should be determined too so it doesn't happen again.

Let me offer a theory I just thought of.  You know all those spamming Asian-language posts?  I wonder if someone from DJI went in to ban a whole raft of spammers and snagged your account by accident.

2015-6-8
Use props
mrburns
lvl.2

United Kingdom

PeteGould Posted at 2015-6-8 22:12
You probably know this already but just in case - for awhile the forum showed you as having been ban ...

It seems all drone manufacturers are consistent - about being inconsistency.
A logical reason will surface but meanwhile another disgruntled customer in the wings.

Definitely give GB44 his 3000 credits back he has earned them
2015-6-8
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

This may be a dumb question but of what use are the credits. I dont pay any attention to them?
2015-6-8
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Yes it may well be that I was struck off at some point and perhaps you are right Pete it may be someone within DJI getting rid of those nasty spam posts that have raising their heads on the forum, it is certainly a feasible theory.

Would hate to lose out on any credits in the future just because someone hit the wrong button somewhere.

Lets hope they will sort it out at some point, I guess they have more important issues at the minute.
2015-6-8
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I see that Bob Marley account appears to be active again in the following post:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-13155-1-1.html

DJI - Is there any chance my original account can be restored as I don't recall doing anything out of order on the forum.  Must be possible if Bobs can be reactivated.
2015-6-9
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Wildcat Willie Posted at 2015-6-8 23:02
This may be a dumb question but of what use are the credits. I dont pay any attention to them?

I'd also like to know if the credits have any actual value or are just to make us feel good?
2015-6-9
Use props
jon
lvl.3

United Kingdom

jimhare Posted at 2015-6-10 13:34
I'd also like to know if the credits have any actual value or are just to make us feel good?

If they're to make me feel good, they're not working
2015-6-10
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are the credits FDIC Insured
2015-6-10
Use props
DJI-CS
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Sorry about that, we will find out the problem, and fix it ASAP.

Regards,
DJI-CS
2015-6-11
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

DJI-CS Posted at 2015-6-12 10:41

Regards,

Hi CS,

there was a question up there: does the credit have any value or is it just to make everyone feel good?
2015-6-11
Use props
DJI-CS
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Linolens Posted at 2015-6-12 11:33
Hi CS,

there was a question up there: does the credit have any value or is it just to make everyo ...

We will give you guys a big surprise
2015-6-11
Use props
InspireAggie
lvl.4

United States

DJI-CS Posted at 2015-6-12 10:41

Regards,

It's a shame you can't say that about your customer service experience.  No just silence
2015-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules