How to fire laser beam vs bead in scratch/python?
4588 10 2019-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zezrum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128054 ft
  • >>>
United States

Trying to automate some firing activity, and not seeing how in either scratch or python to fire only laser and not beads. Firing any shots using programming seems to fire beads. The API appears to be missing the ability to select the mode beam vs beads.
2019-6-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi zezrum, currently, we only support gel beads under programming, the laser beam will be supported in the future, please note our website of the future update, thank you.
2019-6-18
Use props
zezrum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128054 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-18 00:45
Hi zezrum, currently, we only support gel beads under programming, the laser beam will be supported in the future, please note our website of the future update, thank you.

Okay thanks for the info. Will be nice to have both available under programming.

I do like how when using gel beads the targeting indicator only flashes when a bead is ejected. Nice touch!
2019-6-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

zezrum Posted at 6-18 09:03
Okay thanks for the info. Will be nice to have both available under programming.

I do like how when using gel beads the targeting indicator only flashes when a bead is ejected. Nice touch!

You are welcome, we will keep improving it to make you have a better experience, enjoy.
2019-6-20
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143898 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-18 00:45
Hi zezrum, currently, we only support gel beads under programming, the laser beam will be supported in the future, please note our website of the future update, thank you.

Good to know.
2019-6-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thanks for your attention, please note our website of the future firmware update.
2019-6-23
Use props
TBoyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31345 ft
  • >>>
United States

Whats the Accuracy and range of the Gel beads?

Is there any AI that makes it aware of other RoboMaster S1s around it?

Thing looks awesome! My older boys are already telling me they want one to play around with..
2019-6-23
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

TBoyAZ Posted at 6-23 23:59

We were knocking down cups at 15 feet last night.
2019-6-26
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

I second wanting ability to blast using Infared Beam rather than Gel Beads.  No mess, no fuss.   Programming should at least follow app settings, which appears as if it is global to the app/S1.
2020-1-5
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

TBoyAZ Posted at 2019-6-23 23:59

You ask: "Is there any AI that makes it aware of other RoboMaster S1s around it?"

There is a Smart/AI function that will recognize another RMS1 using the camera.

If you look at the "Auto Seek and Attack" Scratch program in the Lab, you will see the functionality used.

2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_RiQAHkio10ue
New

Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-6-18 00:45
Hi zezrum, currently, we only support gel beads under programming, the laser beam will be supported in the future, please note our website of the future update, thank you.

My son bought a robomaster and wants to program with laser beam instead of gel beads.
It’s now 1 ½ years after your message and still no firmware update making this possible?

And don’t like the gel beads in the house and my son wants to program in the house.

Please make it possible.
During programming it is possible to use laser beam only the robomaster gives an “interupt error” when starting the program.
2021-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules